What's new

Bug Report - FIX IT Thread

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
ScheissNussen said:
I doubt it works for all character but I guess its possible.
The move he has to do in order to use his overhead is a "Leg Lift" where he literally just lifts his leg, then you have to cancel it with another kick to go into either a high or a low attack. Most characters don't have anything like that. Maybe it is caused because it is an empty move with no collision box, but I haven't seen any other normal attack do that yet.
Yeah I tried it and couldn't find anyone that did this.

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
JJvercetti1 said:
Does anyone encounter crazy slowdown on Quan Chis winning pose or tag exit, Where he leaves through the portal.
yeah it's happened more time than not. At first I thought it was part of the effect which actually looks cool lol. But then a few other times he just turned his back and left at a normal rate. One of my fave finishing pose animations for this game!

Mine locked up on me twice in a row tonight, Was nightwolf playing ladder on expert and both times happend when i put in the A little off the top fatality.... anybody have a clue?

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Goblin Bones said:
Mine locked up on me twice in a row tonight, Was nightwolf playing ladder on expert and both times happend when i put in the A little off the top fatality.... anybody have a clue?
No clue... My PS3 is an older model and this game is running smooth as silk for me.

Goofart said:
yeah it's happened more time than not. At first I thought it was part of the effect which actually looks cool lol. But then a few other times he just turned his back and left at a normal rate. One of my fave finishing pose animations for this game!
Thats exactly what I thought, There is quite a few finishing poses I like.

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
ok i can confirm now that you can skip cut scenes in story mode after the entire story mode is completed using X + O buttons on the ps3 controller. However I only tried the first several scenes.... i think the 3rd scene it wouldn't let me skip, plus you may have to wait afer 'saving' is flashing on screen to bypass fmv. i still think they need to add pause/skip during the scenes for those that need to use the bathroom/telephone/doorbell etc.... oh, and a select chapter would be nice.

another bug is the subtitles turn black after beating shao kahn at the end of storymode.

also not sure if this is a bug but when I use cyber sub, if i do a forward or straight up jump kick and then press down, away square (for his teleport) instead his dive kick comes out. a few times I tried this jumping away from the opponent his teleport came out instead. Can someone confirm?

Goofart said:
also not sure if this is a bug but when I use cyber sub, if i do a forward or straight up jump kick and then press down, away square (for his teleport) instead his dive kick comes out. a few times I tried this jumping away from the opponent his teleport came out instead. Can someone confirm?
This is because of the strange, jacked up input system this game uses. You can hit a button and and then do directions and the move can still come out, it's like a weird kara or something. Delay the teleport input a little bit and it should work.

Davey_8000 said:
This is because of the strange, jacked up input system this game uses. You can hit a button and and then do directions and the move can still come out, it's like a weird kara or something. Delay the teleport input a little bit and it should work.
Same type of input SSFTHD has

Davey_8000 said:
It;s called Negative Edge (or something like that). If you have an input that's B, F, 1. all you need to do is hold 1 and press B, F then release 1.
HOpe that clears up some confusion.
Anyways...Kano has a weird cannonball glitch. My friend used a Combo Breaker on Kano's forward Cannonball and Kano ended up getting stuck in the "ball form" He started moving left on his own, still in the ball, and didn't get out of it until hit.

It's more that the joystick here is so sensitive that NE always triggers here. A pain in the ass. With Ermac, if you do a j.BP and try to cancel it into a Teleport Punch, NE will make an air blast come out instead. -.-
Anyways, with the Kano situation.
Stage - Street (or Bridge, whatever the one with the cat stage fatality)
2v2
Kano & Cyber Sub vs Quan Chi & Smoke
Kano (from across the stage and on Player 1 side) uses his REGULAR Cannonball while Quan Chi is jumping. Combo Breaker is used by Quan Chi (who is on the P2 side). Kano proceeds to float towards the ground in the ball position. When he hits the floor, he gets stuck there until Quan Chi hits him. Weird.

Na, Quan Chi wasn't being combo'd at all.

I'm almost positive you can combo break from the air on first hit to prevent being juggled. From the floor? Not so much.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I hate when I'm playing as Noob and every round no matter how hard I try, he will do a Teleport Slam, and I wouldn't have touched down or up... and of course I get punished and then I'm over this game. That's frustrating, I don't know about you guys but that's straight up BS. Some of that is way too sensitive.

DreamCatcher, are you using the 360 pad? I have this problem sometimes with the 360 pad, but I have never had the problem on ps3 pad.

Dreamcatcher said:
I hate when I'm playing as Noob and every round no matter how hard I try, he will do a Teleport Slam, and I wouldn't have touched down or up... and of course I get punished and then I'm over this game. That's frustrating, I don't know about you guys but that's straight up BS. Some of that is way too sensitive.
Some times i end up pulling off a Ex choke with kano on wake up without pressing x, Always going for the upball

Not sure if these have already been mentioned, one kinda serious the other just silly but both involving challenge 300:

The silly one being where you pick a female character and Shao Kahn instructs Mileena to "kill him" :p

and the serious one being an issue with Johnny Cage where blocking against Mileena will sometimes inadvertently trigger a breaker, wiping the X-Ray you may have been storing for Shao Kahn from your super bar. I've also come across a bug where the powerup/disabler icons go missing after fighting Kintaro, meaning you may have blocking disabled and not know it. That's a pretty critical issue when going up against someone who damn near requires you to do so.

Some previous issues I've run into playing the tower involved Ermac missing his X-Ray but the animation continuing even after being hit - forcing the player to wait for the animation to come to a close - and certain challenges stopping ~10 seconds after the tasks are completed (gameplay continues, lifebars and everything before spontaneously ending).

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
yugimonz said:
DreamCatcher, are you using the 360 pad? I have this problem sometimes with the 360 pad, but I have never had the problem on ps3 pad.
Well that's the thing, it does it on the pad and analog for me. And I'm using a brand new controller so I don't know what to make of it. It's like being really careful and precise cutting a delicious cake, but no matter what the fucker keeps falling apart when you try to eat it.