What's new

Bug Report - FIX IT Thread

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Post your findings about possible things that need to be patched.

PLEASE ONLY POST SUFFICIENT DATA, NOT PURE OPINION.

For one I think they fixed the Cyber Sub-Zero bomb thing with 1.01 because mine doesn't do it on PSN?

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
they need to add the ability to quit story mode at any time. You can't pause, skip or exit during the FMV (and some are quite long). You have to quit the entire game just to get out. I'm not sure if it's my copy, but the long loading delay at the opening menu screen seemed very unexpected and odd.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I agree with the Story Mode. It's ridiculous that if you have to take a piss, you are FUCKED until that movie is over. Unless of course you've already seen it but that still hurts overall quality. I will say while we are on the topic that the story is incredible in this game.

vs Shao Khan at the end of the game. when he throws his hammer, i telport behind him and push him. Well i found out if you do this too fast, you will push him to the hammer but it wont hurt him, it goes through him and HURTS YOU!!!. I lost atleast 3 times cause of this and anyone who isnt maining raiden knows how hard it is to beat this fool anyways.

Dreamcatcher said:
I agree with the Story Mode. It's ridiculous that if you have to take a piss, you are FUCKED until that movie is over. Unless of course you've already seen it but that still hurts overall quality. I will say while we are on the topic that the story is incredible in this game.
Supposed to be able to press all four Face buttons at once to skip the scenes, saw it in a twitter post from Mk_mortalkombat just cant find it cause i dont have time before work

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
If there really is a command to skip the videos, they should put it up on the screen so people with 20/20 vision such as myself will be able to SEE IT.

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
Dreamcatcher said:
I will say while we are on the topic that the story is incredible in this game.
Agreed. I'm only just shortly into the story (chapter 3) but it's been awesome. Reminds me of Shaolin Monks which I loved.

As for pressing all those buttons I've tried it but didn't work. Maybe you got to hold them down longer? I'll try a bit later, but would be easier if it was assigned to the start button.

ScheissNussen said:
Saw that and tried it, didn't work for me. I don't mind playing through storymode, it's entertaining. But having to do it on both consoles I am just sitting here taking tests in between fights.
maybe it only works the second time through?? who knows but i like the story and to me it is pointless to try to skip it .... thats the point of story mode

Today alone I've had 3 lock-ups, 2 during online play and one at the WB logo in the intro. I don't like those D/C's on my stats :(

ScheissNussen said:
The game actually locked up at the GameStop tournament (PS3) while it was in progress, but I figured that was just because it was a demo model that is on 24/7. No offense Davey, but hopefully it is just your PS3.
Could be. I've had the PS3 on for a while today.

Mine locked up on me twice last night. The 1st one was about 30 seconds of putting the disc in for the first time. To be fair it was in the online menu and my internet was going apeshit so it could have been hung up on the network being stupid but the 2nd time it was just trying to exit out of the game and it locked up completely.

dubson

Noob
Vassago187 said:
Mine locked up on me twice last night. The 1st one was about 30 seconds of putting the disc in for the first time. To be fair it was in the online menu and my internet was going apeshit so it could have been hung up on the network being stupid but the 2nd time it was just trying to exit out of the game and it locked up completely.
I remember mine distinctly. We had it set for 5 rounds to keep the matches longer for the first night.

It was the fifth round... and we each had about 5% life, and it just freezes! Almost like too much framerate to handle. This game is pushing out some serious power thats for sure and is pushing these systems to the limits.

We were playing as Raiden and Liu Kang too which means there were electric blasts, flashes, parries and fireballs all over the place too. And I even think it locked up right after Raidens X-Ray.

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
Vassago187 said:
The 1st one was about 30 seconds of putting the disc in for the first time. To be fair it was in the online menu and my internet was going apeshit so it could have been hung up on the network being stupid.
This happened to me the first time I put in the disc. Still happens each time I start up the game but I'm gathering now it's just a really long loading screen (they should remove the 'press start button' caption while it loads at least). Also my game almost crashed at one point.... a very long delay and some random little hiccups here and there but I don't think it has totally locked up yet.

Also not sure why there are 2 pics of kratos in the character select screen? Only one which is selectable. I thought someone brought that up a while back and I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed.

ScheissNussen said:
People with lock ups: Have you guys been installing the game to the hard drive or playing it off of the disc?
Is that possible on PS3? I looked around in the options and didn't see anything about installing.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I know hackers exist but it's kinda sad that PSN is down because they don't have their shit protected. What kind of message is that sending all the people with their billing information saved in there?

Dreamcatcher said:
I know hackers exist but it's kinda sad that PSN is down because they don't have their shit protected. What kind of message is that sending all the people with their billing information saved in there?
This might have something to do with what happened:

I just tried going to the PS store before they took the network down and everytime I did it wouldn't let me in, giving me an error saying "the attempt to automatically add funds to your wallet has failed". I mentioned in the description that the situation doesn't particularly look like an outside attack, if this is the reason why.

ScheissNussen said:
People with lock ups: Have you guys been installing the game to the hard drive or playing it off of the disc?
Davey_8000 said:
Is that possible on PS3? I looked around in the options and didn't see anything about installing.
I didn't see that option either. I will admit that I didn't look very hard though.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I've been waiting a long time for this game. If PSN isn't back on soon, I will get a cool $300-$400 for my PS3 and all it's shit... then I'll buy a new 360 with this game. Dead serious.

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
first total lockup during tower mode. Not sure which number of the tower but it's the one called 'right to bear arms'. The game just locked up completely when scorpion's arms fell off. Damn! Was only playing for about 30 min.