What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Goro Buffs Goro needs so he doesn't lose to the whole cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

loogie

Noob
I am not an online warrior, I actually go to majors and do well. So before you state false statements please do some research.

I also participate in an online tournament called WNF and use only Goro and Jason. Mostly Goro since I do not know alot of matchups with Jason. And I do really well. Check the past brackets.

So when you 2 guys go to tournaments please message me so I can watch and be proved wrong.

I do not doubt any players skill, but if this character is as good as you guys are saying then we should start seeing Goro placing higher at majors.
Give the character time, Goro just got major buffs. you asking for more buffs without a good reason.
Give it time and people will start picking him up, you might even place higher in a major and make a name.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
This is why matchup numbers are retarded, you're legitimately trying to argue that a 60% likelihood of winning in 1 game is more or less likely than a 60% chance of winning in a another game?

A 60% chance is a 60% chance.

And such, matchup numbers are useless AND NOT ONCE have I ever seen them assist anything.
My post is all about why it's a bad matchup, not that it's not. There are completely different reasons of why something is unfavourable depending on the game.

SF4 matchups have a different mentality than MKX matchups.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Give the character time, Goro just got major buffs. you asking for more buffs without a good reason.
Give it time and people will start picking him up, you might even place higher in a major and make a name.
Yeah maybe one day I can make my name known throughout the NRS scene. 1 day.

loogie

Noob
Please read.

I did not list the entire cast, false information getting thrown out once again.

The list I made is the list of characters I think Goro loses to. I have played top players that represent those characters, but that is my matchup chart for KW.

Please do not state things that I did not say.

Also I still fail to realize how giving Goro even a 13 frame F2 or F3 would "break" the character, I feel like it would complete him since he would be able to so what every other character is is this game does in whiff punish.
you're going in circles dude ...
it's you alone saying he loses to 95% of the cast, without any explanation. and whatever you listed earlier was debated by your fellow Goro mains in here. I honestly don't know what you want.
you keep saying F3 has to be faster, it already is fast enough and has very good properties. did you ever check it's active and recovery frames and whether you can actually punish Goro on a whiffed F3? I doubt you did.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
you're going in circles dude ...
it's you alone saying he loses to 95% of the cast, without any explanation. and whatever you listed earlier was debated by your fellow Goro mains in here. I honestly don't know what you want.
you keep saying F3 has to be faster, it already is fast enough and has very good properties. did you ever check it's active and recovery frames and whether you can actually punish Goro on a whiffed F3? I doubt you did.
I have had my F3 whiff punished by characters like Cassie, Ermac and Reptile just name a few. It is possible.

@AoK Ryan little late on this sorry. I agree that Imposter has a great time against Goro, but I mean Armour beat me 2-1 when we played. Stealing a free like 13-15% stomp is lovely and I can definitely keep you out with Hell Sparks but Imposter wants to be up close. Goro has some pretty decent stuff to stay plus, or at least that's what it seemed like. I'm not disagreeing that Goro is bottom 3 or that this is one of his worst MU's, I just think he may be better than I thought he was.
Eh, didn't feel like a 3-7 at all lol. No issue saying Imposter wins, but it's slight. His midscreen control, and even air control with teleport can be a problem, also hits like a truck with the guaranteed stomp. All Goro needs is one touch to the corner though, and the entire situation gets reversed.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I wonder if everyone would be arguing still if Goro won the first match in grand finals set instead of the final one for the tournament.

I have had my F3 whiff punished by characters like Cassie, Ermac and Reptile just name a few. It is possible.
look,goro(KW) has major dmg,nice mixups,godlike pokes,one of the best corner carries(even on block),great meterbuilding with safe/plus enders on block, and upclose(especially in the corner) he is a beast.his armor is beyond godlike and can counter every set up in the game.the only thing he is lacking is movement.and that is not too bad...yeah he may lose to broken characters like quan chi and he may have troubles with some zoners but eventually he will get you in the corner and you are gonna suffer there...mind that against goro you should always be carefull when he has meter and respect the pw...all that to me sound like a solid character,at least mid tier...

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
look,goro(KW) has major dmg,nice mixups,godlike pokes,one of the best corner carries(even on block),great meterbuilding with safe/plus enders on block, and upclose(especially in the corner) he is a beast.his armor is beyond godlike and can counter every set up in the game.the only thing he is lacking is movement.and that is not too bad...yeah he may lose to broken characters like quan chi and he may have troubles with some zoners but eventually he will get you in the corner and you are gonna suffer there...mind that against goro you should always be carefull when he has meter and respect the pw...all that to me sound like a solid character,at least mid tier...
Look, Goro has decent damage at best, only in KW can he break 40% that I am aware of. Goro's mixups are either d1 punchwalk or d1 SG. There is no reason why any top level player shouldn't be able to react to the OH. The low can be armored through with anything that follows up after it. Decent tools, but not good reliable mixups IMO.

Godlike pokes, Yes I completely agree. Same with the corner carry.

But according to about 90% Goro community I am the biggest down player and an online warrior. Therefore I shall never say anything about Goro in matchup wise on this forum. I know this makes @Espio happy.

Sorry for wasting your time Goro community you were right the entire time, this character is Upper Mid tier at least and is going to win majors soon.

AoK Ryan out.

Espio

Kokomo
@AoK Ryan

Can you please get over yourself and stop trying to involve me in whatever drama you're having with other people? lolol

I deliberately say nothing to you and you proceed to cry and try to include me in other people arguing with you. Like the only time I even respond to you is when you either: A. Come into my threads promoting misinformation or B. Try to blow up people with lying, which shockingly happens quite often. I honestly don't care what you think, it's more funny to me than anything.

You do this every time anyone disagrees with you or calls you out on your bs. "I'm done with the community, everyone thinks Goro is perfect" as if that's what anybody is arguing. This is the same shit, different day. It shows a lack of maturity and is no longer funny, it's just tiresome and annoying lol.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
@AoK Ryan

Can you please get over yourself and stop trying to involve me in whatever drama you're having with other people? lolol

I deliberately say nothing to you and you proceed to cry and try to include me in other people arguing with you. Like the only time I even respond to you is when you either: A. Come into my threads promoting misinformation or B. Try to blow up people with lying, which shockingly happens quite often. I honestly don't care what you think, it's more funny to me than anything.

You do this every time anyone disagrees with you or calls you out on your bs. "I'm done with the community, everyone thinks Goro is perfect" as if that's what anybody is arguing. This is the same shit, different day. It shows a lack of maturity and is no longer funny, it's just tiresome and annoying lol.
The reason I tagged you is because you always close my threads for no reason. It's no secret you don't like that I voice my opinion on a character. Make status updates about me in secert, so please don't play good mod Espio.

You are correct. Now please ban me so I never come to this toxic site again, full of online warriors like yourself. I am now seeing the reason why top players never post on here.

So please ban me. Lol

Last edited:
The reason I tagged you is because you always close my threads for no reason. It's no secret you don't like that I voice my opinion on a character. Make status updates about me in secert, so please don't play good mod Espio.

You are correct. Now please ban me so I never come to this toxic site again. Full of online warriors.

I am now seeing the reason why top players never post on here.

So please ban me.

A. The reason people come off as hostile is because you don't really back up your arguments, it's just "so and so is a bad ___" someone replies and you get mad. People disagree on characters all the time, but actually discussing could help someone change their opinions, nobody considers all options especially this early in the game.

B. Really? Resorting to calling out credentials again? The online warrior bit gets real old real fast. Some people due to circumstances be it work, money, etc can't resort to traveling. If they're not in the near vicinity of anything it makes it a challenge. For me alone it's an international ticket and a sizeable chunk of time off of work. Hence why a lot of people pick and choose the events they go to. It's like saying you're in Florida, so you should be at every major since you're in the U.S. A good player is a good player, and that's why a place like this has potential, so they can express different views.

C. Most of the best players we have in the scene live in a house together, so yea. They probably don't need to use a forum for discussion or anything.

Last edited:

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
A. The reason people come off as hostile is because you don't really back up your arguments, it's just "so and so is a bad ___" someone replies and you get mad. People disagree on characters all the time, but actually discussing could help someone change their opinions, nobody considers all options especially this early in the game.

B. Really? Resorting to calling out credentials again? The online warrior bit gets real old real fast. Some people due to circumstances be it work, money, etc can't resort to traveling. If they're not in the near vicinity of anything it makes it a challenge. For me alone it's an international ticket and a sizeable chunk of time off of work. Hence why a lot of people pick and choose the events we go to. It's like saying you're in Florida, so you should be at every major since you're in the U.S. A good player is a good player, and that's why a place like this has potential, so they can express different views.

C. Most of the best players we have in the scene live in a house together, so yea. They probably don't need to use a forum for discussion or anything.

It's different to disagree with someone then say, are you so dense to see why a faster F2 to F3 would break this character? Are you that dumb lol??

I totally understand the whole not being able to go to majors because I am in that boat, I am sponsored and cannot go because of my job.

I do back up my arguements. I gave my opinions on the matchups I think Goro loses to as requested.

I post in other character forums all of the time and it never gets like this. Only Goro, never Reptile, Shinnok, Jason or Sonya.

Espio

Kokomo

You are correct. Now please ban me so I never come to this toxic site again, full of online warriors like yourself. I am now seeing the reason why top players never post on here.

So please ban me. Lol

I have closed one of your threads, ONE. You are seriously mental lol.

Status updates in secret? They're status updates lmao. No secrecy involved. Anything I have to say to you, I say directly to you as well. Your opinions are questionable and no, I don't like people who post opinions that are either lying, promoting misinformation or when you are regulated or corrected lob personal attacks, are unapologetic or other nonsense. Forums are for intelligent discourse, which you seem either unwilling or unable to engage in without being childish.

I travel offline so as per usual Ryan, you have no idea what you're talking about and end up looking foolish and immature (but that's nothing new). I was at Summer Jam not too long ago because someone isn't on stream does not mean they were not there. Not everyone can travel to every major or get on stream every time or is sponsored etc.

I can't and wouldn't ban you for being illogical, immature and lying like usual, I'm just glad that everyone can see your behavior and will look at it accordingly to realize how ridiculous you are lol.

It's not a coincidence that you run into issues with lots of people besides me.

I don't agree with everything other Goro players say about him, but we actually TALK about it in a mature, productive way instead of being nasty and childish.

It's different to disagree with someone then say, are you so dense to see why a faster F2 to F3 would break this character? Are you that dumb lol??

I totally understand the whole not being able to go to majors because I am in that boat, I am sponsored and cannot go because of my job.

I do back up my arguements. I gave my opinions on the matchups I think Goro loses to as requested.

I post in other character forums all of the time and it never gets like this. Only Goro, never Reptile, Shinnok, Jason or Sonya.
Then maybe it'd be a good idea to stop calling people online warriors when you're trying to insult them? Metzos for example is in Greece, telling him to spend thousands on a trip to the USA to prove himself multiple times isn't very feasible. I've learned a lot of good tech from him.

And matchup opinions really need a bit more depth honestly, or they tend to get easy to rip apart. I do secondary Goro, so I'm not fluent in every matchup. But ones that I do get to play I'll always comment on, because either person could be missing an aspect of the matchup.

Also, of course no one argues in the Jason forums. There's like 3 of us lol.

loogie

Noob

Why do you need an 11-12 frame f3? Metzos explained, he is a high level Goro player, that it would seriously break matchups. You still insisting.
This means only one thing: you want easy wins, and aren't able to utilize the tools the character has.
I would move on from Goro if i were you.

haketh

Noob
I still don't understand how Cassie is a bad MU because "Getting zoned out" especially with how mediocre her zoning is. Plus don't get get to punish B12 with Command Grabd & EX Punchwalk if she does B124?

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Lol. Goro just outside of the top 10. Thanks for making my morning.

I understand what @Metzos is saying, but I can not take you seriously, you seem to not understand the game.

I'm going to make a list and you tell me if Goro is better than that character.

Tanya
KJ
Jacqui
Cassie
Takeda
Mileena
Sub Zero
Scorpion
Kitana
Kenshi
Sonya
Jax
KL
Jason
Predator
Shinnok
Kano
Johnny Cage
Erron Black
Liu Kang
Ermac
Kotal Kahn
Reptile
Ferra Torr
D'Vorah
Raiden
Quan
Tremor.

@FOREVER KING what is your thoughts on Goro being just outside of the top ten, since you are the most accomplished player that uses Goro.
Not at all, I think he's bottom 5 for sure. He was the worst in the game before the patch, and Takeda/Kotal/Reptile and all those other lower tier characters got better buffs then him. The only character I can say Goro is for sure better than is Jason. Besides Jason, there is no character in the game that Goro is for sure better than. I think he's far from the top 10, not even in the top 20

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Not at all, I think he's bottom 5 for sure. He was the worst in the game before the patch, and Takeda/Kotal/Reptile and all those other lower tier characters got better buffs then him. The only character I can say Goro is for sure better than is Jason. Besides Jason, there is no character in the game that Goro is for sure better than. I think he's far from the top 10, not even in the top 20
Prepare for tones of notifications on why you are wrong.

But on a serious note what about Goro makes you feel that way? I am interested since we share the same thoughts on this character.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Goro is only a few changes away from being really really good. Not top 10 material but a very solid character. I'd really like to say he'd be broken if he got overbuffed since most of his moves are either safe or plus.. but.. Cassie exists.

Espio

Kokomo
I still don't understand how Cassie is a bad MU because "Getting zoned out" especially with how mediocre her zoning is. Plus don't get get to punish B12 with Command Grabd & EX Punchwalk if she does B124?

This is correct. Command grab blows up the gap in back 1,2,4 so even if she staggers her back 1,2, to avoid the gap punish there's still a chance of her getting punished by command grab. Not guaranteed, but it just adds another major layer to the post back 1 guessing game. Ex punchwalk beats back 1,2, 4 in the gap and launches for full combo Even if she just staggers back 1,2 and tries to jump out it'll catch her and launch still.

Goro has so many really good things going for him versus Cassie, it's pretty sick. The match up is super fun, very footsie based and it has always felt pretty even to me even before recent buffs. Not to mention, she gets the business on knockdown as well. Down 4 can check her back 1 extremely well too. Forward 3 can keep up with it too if utilized well

Status
Not open for further replies.