What's new

BREAKING: Erron Black (and others) supposedly Leaked on Reddit

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The replies in this thread are insane. Why are some of you getting so damn mad and defensive about it? It’s like y’all want to be right so badly, you’re resorting to acting like a 12 year old when someone disagrees. Just relax, it will be okay, I promise. It’s not even close to being that serious, holy hell.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
If it was a "generic male model", both models wouldn't have Liu Kang's hair, shoes, gauntlets, etc. Like it's actually Liu's, not Prototype A. So you could say they used Liu's model for Kotal in early development, but it is Liu in those pics.
does nobody see that in the close up Kotal picture he doesn't have classic Liu's long hair?

has also everyone forgotten about the steamdb leak that had most of the roster, and also confirmed Jade and voila, she got revealed a few days later?
Kotal is 100% in. The stance and the model supposedly being based off Liu are likely to be this following scenario:
In MK9 and MKX, NRS developed a generic male and female npc, typically called NPC_BASEMALE and female. MKVSDCU also had one called char_basemale_medium.
MK9 still has this character inside the files and is fully playable btw.
Now, going off how NPC_BASEMALE was used, he was used to test fatalities (check fatalities behind the scenes footage for mk9) and as a base for either a male or female (in the case of basefemale) character.
Considering how early this build is in terms of designs (notice Sub, Jade and Kabal are by default unmasked, or the difference in poses for Baraka and Geras' slot render) it's very likely the build is pre MK Day reveal, possibly even dating back from 2018. It's extremely likely they made a basemale for MK11 and then potentially modified the mesh for it as a base (like the name suggests lol) for Classic Liu and Kotal. Considering how Sonya's face has changed as well as how the default designs have changed since this early build, it isn't 100% impossible that Kotal will get a model change to look less like the basemale model that both Classic Liu and Kotal were based off.

Finally, as for the stance being the same, in MK9, Rederma aka proto skarlet had Jade's stance in combat from her 360 files that were accidentally left on the disc. It's not unheard of in game dev to, surprise, share animations until they get the final ones done. Kotal and Liu sharing the same stance is likely a placeholder thing. Hell, how do you know it's not Liu who's sharing Kotal's animation instead of the other way around?

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
If it was a "generic male model", both models wouldn't have Liu Kang's hair, shoes, gauntlets, etc. Like it's actually Liu's, not Prototype A. So you could say they used Liu's model for Kotal in early development, but it is Liu in those pics.
I overlayed & adjusted contrast & nonsense, because yeah it looks extremely similar. It is not the same face model or hair as the liu model, the shoes & gauntlets are similar but not the same gauntlets are totally different..the body is in the same position & close enough to the same size that the only difference could be a small angle change in the pic. Could be a pose thing, could be a default model. I think it really doesn't matter though. Kotal is in the game for sure & these pics are from when none of these guys were even ready to show. I doubt we ever get an answer unless they really just use liu's body for kotal or its a MK emperor wife swap..

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I overlayed & adjusted contrast & nonsense, because yeah it looks extremely similar. It is not the same face model or hair as the liu model, the shoes & gauntlets are similar but not the same gauntlets are totally different..the body is in the same position & close enough to the same size that the only difference could be a small angle change in the pic. Could be a pose thing, could be a default model. I think it really doesn't matter though. Kotal is in the game for sure & these pics are from when none of these guys were even ready to show. I doubt we ever get an answer unless they really just use liu's body for kotal or its a MK emperor wife swap..
When they actually launch I'd bet every penny Kotal doesn't look like that but Liu does lol. Inclined to believe they were doing some Kotal adjustments on Liu's model as maybe his wasn't ready yet or something. When I look at that Kotal pic it looks nothing like him to me except the colors. Even the face doesn't look like him so it's weird. But you know it's "him", just not him.

The true spoiler, Liu Kahn and Kitana Kahn. It all makes sense now.

Saint Op Omen

When they actually launch I'd bet every penny Kotal doesn't look like that but Liu does lol. Inclined to believe they were doing some Kotal adjustments on Liu's model as maybe his wasn't ready yet or something. When I look at that Kotal pic it looks nothing like him to me except the colors. Even the face doesn't look like him so it's weird. But you know it's "him", just not him.

The true spoiler, Liu Kahn and Kitana Kahn. It all makes sense now.
yeah honestly after really looking at the face & the higher res selection screen one, the Kotal/Liu one (which isnt Liu's face) looks super generic & seems to be missing eyes, its like human male #3 with bone in nose. its like a mask holder.

RothVI

d2 Spammer
yeah honestly after really looking at the face & the higher res selection screen one, the Kotal/Liu one (which isnt Liu's face) looks super generic, its like human male #3 with bone in nose.
Do you think it could be an Osh-Tekk NPC that just uses Liu Kang's body as a base?

Saint Op Omen

Do you think it could be an Osh-Tekk NPC that just uses Liu Kang's body as a base?
it seems to be a mask holder, kinda to dark to make out eyes even & kotals you would think stand out being glowing n all. I can see it being a head that is used while the face scan & stuff is being worked on...faces seem to still be something they work on very late in the game.

edit: there is one difference & one thing the same in the body thats odd.
same is even the striated marks on the chest are the same & shaded deeper in kotals.
different is in the abs & ribs Kotals model seems to be a little heavier. lol

Last edited:

RothVI

d2 Spammer
it seems to be a mask holder, kinda to dark to make out eyes even & kotals you would think stand out being glowing n all. I can see it being a head that is used while the face scan & stuff is being worked on...faces seem to still be something they work on very late in the game.
Huh, interesting. It seems out of place since it looks like most of models have faces. Makes me think it's a skin or NPC model that's a work in progress.

Saint Op Omen

Huh, interesting. It seems out of place since it looks like most of models have faces. Makes me think it's a skin or NPC model that's a work in progress.
well to be fare we have seen 5 pics from this desk at this time period 2 being noob n black whos faces you cant see...so really we can see liu n kano have faces n thats it the rest of the cast outside of the ones for MK day could have all been missing with generic bodys maybr thats why these are the pic we got?
also check my edit to the last post for the body thing. I can very much see it being an unfinished model & that some body type are just very similar, its not like NRS isnt known for doing that either.

Last edited:

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Now that we know who's the game, should we start speculating what moves they could have and what kind of gear and variation names they could have? And of course what their fatalities, brutalities, intros, and outros could be?

For Mileena in terms of intros I want one that resembles her MK9 intro with her dancing or skipping in. In fact, I want that personality for her all around. I love the childish, but the insane personality that she had in MK9

They could also have one with her teleporting in from the sky. That could be sick. Or as well as her ballrolling in, maybe she does the ballroll in and then a sick handstand and an acrobatic flip of some kind.

I think for an outro she could, of course, have one where she throws her sais at the camera and it goes slow-mo. Or if she has her mask on all the time she could have an outro where she seductively walks towards the camera then rips off the mask, going in for a bite, then it goes slow-mo. There's a lot of interesting ways they could take her.

I don't know what kind of moves or variations she could have, but I know for a fact that if one isn't named "Let's Dance" I'm gonna be upset...then I'll just rename one myself lmfao.

Skins: I want a skin that resembles MK Armageddon for her. I'm sure her mask/hair will be gear so we'll be able to give her a veil (hopefully just a lil' transparent so you can just barely see her teeth through it.) but I loved the big open sleeves of that and thought it looked dope.

And of course want MK3 skins for all the female ninjas as well.

RothVI

d2 Spammer
well to be fare we have seen 5 pics from this desk at this time period 2 being noob n black whos faces you cant see...so really we can see liu n kano have faces n thats it the rest of the cast outside of the ones for MK day could have all been missing with generic bodys maybr thats why these are the pic we got?
also check my edit to the last post for the body thing.
Don't they use the models for the character select screen portraits? It would be weird if they have faces there, but not in the character viewer. If there are differences in the models, then it could be Kotal Kahn's alternate skin. I guess we'll find out when Liu or Kotal is revealed and one of them has this design for one of their variations.

Saint Op Omen

Don't they use the models for the character select screen portraits? It would be weird if they have faces there, but not in the character viewer. If there are differences in the models, then it could be Kotal Kahn's alternate skin. I guess we'll find out when Liu or Kotal is revealed and one of them has this design for one of their variations.
I think one of the reasons the selection screen has so many different views & amounts of polish variations on them is some are from in game some are from renders & some may be even storymode snaps which could explain why some have backgrounds...the final one is always very uniform

Saint Op Omen

Now that we know who's the game, should we start speculating what moves they could have and what kind of gear and variation names they could have? And of course what their fatalities, brutalities, intros, and outros could be?

For Mileena in terms of intros I want one that resembles her MK9 intro with her dancing or skipping in. In fact, I want that personality for her all around. I love the childish, but the insane personality that she had in MK9

They could also have one with her teleporting in from the sky. That could be sick. Or as well as her ballrolling in, maybe she does the ballroll in and then a sick handstand and an acrobatic flip of some kind.

I think for an outro she could, of course, have one where she throws her sais at the camera and it goes slow-mo. Or if she has her mask on all the time she could have an outro where she seductively walks towards the camera then rips off the mask, going in for a bite, then it goes slow-mo. There's a lot of interesting ways they could take her.

I don't know what kind of moves or variations she could have, but I know for a fact that if one isn't named "Let's Dance" I'm gonna be upset...then I'll just rename one myself lmfao.

Skins: I want a skin that resembles MK Armageddon for her. I'm sure her mask/hair will be gear so we'll be able to give her a veil (hopefully just a lil' transparent so you can just barely see her teeth through it.) but I loved the big open sleeves of that and thought it looked dope.

And of course want MK3 skins for all the female ninjas as well.
Hey this is actually a good idea for a thread, you should make it. not a good idea for in here really its too big & off topic.
But Armageddon Mileena is my fav of hers most def..

SinkFla

Noob
That's totally Liu but in "Kahn" gear and I don't think it's a generic placeholder stance. Why would Kotal have one but no one else in the leaks have one? I've heard the screens had been around since January and everyone on that screen was selectable (minus blanks). This is from a build very far in and near completion. The screens even say Liu Kang on them (unless I'm mistaken and that particular shot isn't public?) You're not gonna have any generic stances or share exact same body models between characters this close to launch.

Plus there's been dialogue heard in game referring to Kitana as "Kitana Kahn". There's some story beats we're unfamiliar with for now but I'm sure it'll all make sense. Also, I'm gonna be stunned if Kotal's customization model isn't holding his weapon.

Saint Op Omen

That's totally Liu but in "Kahn" gear and I don't think it's a generic placeholder stance. Why would Kotal have one but no one else in the leaks have one? I've heard the screens had been around since January and everyone on that screen was selectable (minus blanks). This is from a build very far in and near completion. The screens even say Liu Kang on them (unless I'm mistaken and that particular shot isn't public?) You're not gonna have any generic stances or share exact same body models between characters this close to launch.

Plus there's been dialogue heard in game referring to Kitana as "Kitana Kahn". There's some story beats we're unfamiliar with for now but I'm sure it'll all make sense. Also, I'm gonna be stunned if Kotal's customization model isn't holding his weapon.
woohoo it is MK emperor cosplay wifeswap...oh all the fun shall be had.

RothVI

d2 Spammer

Timeline shenanigans it is then lol. I wonder if Kitana Kahn also looks Osh-Tekk or if she more resembles Shao Kahn.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I dunno how the discussion changed into who is it Liu or Kotal, but I mean it's obviously Liu Kang with a weird look. Maybe he really is Shang Tsung like the skull fireball theory and absorbed Kotal mid story so he has the skin. I dunno.

But that model is obviously Liu Kang.
Looks more like the pose is the same not the model, the head/face has a different structure entirely.

The pecs and abs are also different.

This can only make me assume it’s a WIP thing where they haven’t given every character uniques standing poses yet.

Alec

Noob
I find it really sad, when the people are like: "Yeah! Thank God for the leaks, Fuck NRS!!!!, it's their fault for not giving me what I want."

Their job is not only to show us the content of the game but ,ALSO, to present it in the best way possible.
Even when they do it their way, you see people complaining/joking about the female faces; costumes; hair; voices, etc. And as everyone by now should know, they are still touching up the faces, still fine tuning the voices, etc, so EVEN what they showed originally wasn't final.
I know some of you CHOOSE NOT TO understand (Oh, it's 2 months 'til release), but you know that is the case. So you should understand, besides the schedule, why they'd be reluctant to show someone they feel could be presented better...

Then, there is a huge leak, which supposedly it's what a lot of people wanted from NRS right? But they won't even realize the context of the leak?
We have month(s) old pics of what could be an even older build, and people are like: "OMG, why does Kotal have Liu stance and body type?"; "Frost is bald, WTF?"; "The select screen is wack, they're not even the same proportion". Same people criticizing NRS for not showing their stuff.
The worse is some of this misinformation spreads by word of mouth, and not all will stick long enough to be proven wrong.
You do realize, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VIEWING THIS?? This is not a build meant to be seen.
Kotal COULD'VE been worked on Liu's body at some point; they could both just started from a default and THEN improved from there; they could've even be trying Kotal's gear in Liu's body model...

Some people even say "This is the best that could've happened to NRS", like REALLY?
Have you ever worked on anything? A song? A movie? A drawing? Would you want your work stolen and judged before it being ready to be presented?
I won't even go into the legal implications and money related, but here's just one example: can you imagine the potential mess with a platform that PAID MONEY TO EXCLUSIVELY REVEAL Noob or Erron???

I know it's not like this text will change their opinions, but these people are showing that NRS are correct in their right to not be ready to show and the people not being ready to see it.