What's new

BREAKING: Erron Black (and others) supposedly Leaked on Reddit

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I will say this: Something that backs up Shinnok being playable is the fact that NRS said that they didn't want NPC characters in their story modes again, right?

Shinnok is a character that was playable in the previous game and has a full model in story mode. Regardless of whether or not you like him, he would be in a very similar boat as Kabal and the other revenants in MKX if he was an NPC.

@Chuckyscookie
@FoughtDragon01

EDIT: And if it turns out Shinnok really is playable, then that just gives more credibility to the leak claiming that Mileena is.
They said they didn't want any NPC fights like Rain/Baraka. Not that they're not going to have NPC characters at all. That would be insane.

Down 2

Noob
Honestly the only problem I see with the cast is Frost because there’s so many better female characters from their lore they can bring back that have unique play styles and personalities, with the main one that comes to mind being Sindel. She’s an older female who actually has an important role in story and uses her hair and voice as a weapon and there’s no other character like that on the roster so why bring back Frost? It comes off kind of lazy to me for some reason. Also I have a problem with Jacqui but I trust that they can somehow make her different and I’m not saying they can’t do that with Frost too but she’s literally had no impact in the story and has no real reason to be brought back. I don’t even play female characters but it’s just a confusing choice.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
I will say this: Something that backs up Shinnok being playable is the fact that NRS said that they didn't want NPC characters in their story modes again, right?

Shinnok is a character that was playable in the previous game and has a full model in story mode. Regardless of whether or not you like him, he would be in a very similar boat as Kabal and the other revenants in MKX if he was an NPC.

@Chuckyscookie
@FoughtDragon01

EDIT: And if it turns out Shinnok really is playable, then that just gives more credibility to the leak claiming that Mileena is.
The NPC comment was referring to fightable NPCs with semi-finished movesets, such as Rain, Baraka and Sindel in MKX. Simple "cameo" appeances are still possible, I believe. I'm relatively indifferent about him being in or not, I was just surprised because there was the modifier thing and no visual evidence for him.

Anyways, thanks for the clarification!

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I will admit though, I am surprised that they cut the Kombat Kids down to just Cassie and Jacqui it seems, especially after setting up a romance between Takeda and Jacqui. Makes me wonder what happened that led to that decision.

hatyr

ball roll enjoyer.
My reservations about Shinnok being playable:
  • Until the typo (lol-leak) when it was clearly Sub-Zero in that image, no one even bothered considering Shinnok. You think this 'zine had some special knowledge that no one else did then had a slip up? Possible, I suppose.
  • In the story prologue, which takes places moments before our very last scene in MKX, Raiden is looking like MK11 Raiden (redesigned) while Shinnok looks exactly like MKX Shinnok. They did not even bother to redesign him. Maybe that would've been a giveaway if he is playable but I'm not buying it quite yet.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Though we only have the roster shot of him so far, that Kollector guy kinda looks interesting. If the description of him is true, looking kinda like a mix between an elf and a demon, he'd definitely appeal to me. I'm not a fan of the name though, because... well, it's not even a name, more of a title. XD

mwharp

Noob
I hate leaks, it’s awesome for one day and then the hype kinda fades. Serious question, should someone who leaks information like a roster for a major video game be punished? I feel like if found out they should, it is secret information that was meant to be kept secret

Gamer68

Fujin!
My reservations about Shinnok being playable:
  • Until the typo (lol-leak) when it was clearly Sub-Zero in that image, no one even bothered considering Shinnok. You think this 'zine had some special knowledge that no one else did then had a slip up? Possible, I suppose.
  • In the story prologue, which takes places moments before our very last scene in MKX, Raiden is looking like MK11 Raiden (redesigned) while Shinnok looks exactly like MKX Shinnok. They did not even bother to redesign him. Maybe that would've been a giveaway if he is playable but I'm not buying it quite yet.
Remember that Sonya's default is literally just her MKX design. It doesn't seem that all the characters will get redesigns, or if they do, their MKX outfit may still be an unlockable skin or something.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I need my Cyrax, Reptile and my fiance's Mileena and I'll be content with the roster.

As for the leaks I'm not 100% sure they are legit as it could be false info pushed by NRS? But who knows. I am positive that many of these renders could be fanmade although it is very hard to render characters like this.
But I've seen people freehand much better on Gimp/Photoshop.

Erron, Kotal renders look beautiful. I'm not a erron or Kotal player but still look sick.
For the icons which are far easier to fake:
Frost
Jacqui
Kollector
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Cassie Cage
Ect.

They are more on speculative until further confirmation arises in my mind.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I will admit though, I am surprised that they cut the Kombat Kids down to just Cassie and Jacqui it seems, especially after setting up a romance between Takeda and Jacqui. Makes me wonder what happened that led to that decision.
Kenshi, also. I mean he's Ed's second favorite character and it seems he always makes it in somehow since Deadly Alliance (the exception being MKvsDC).

Maybe Kenshi and Takeda is gone because they are out trying to bring down the Red Dragon finally? But maybe it's going to be a while before they can actually strike so they are just out and hidden somewhere and they will show up in the next game or something. I don't know... Especially when it comes to Kung Jin.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I hate leaks, it’s awesome for one day and then the hype kinda fades. Serious question, should someone who leaks information like a roster for a major video game be punished? I feel like if found out they should, it is secret information that was meant to be kept secret
While' I'm not sure about the legal ramifications of leaking info related to a video game (classified government intel on the other hand...), I'd imagine that if an employee was found out, they'd get dropped like a sack of potatoes. Besides, even if there were punishments, I doubt that'd stop people anyway.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Maybe there will be a Konquest mode with Takeda and Kung Jin that adds like a side story to the main on ‍♂
I think they deconfirmed Konquest specifically, but there is a 3rd single player mode that's suppose to be pretty big apparently.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Maybe if they didn't just reveal 1 character every single week. Or go over characters we had already seen. This wouldn't be an issue.

The game comes out in 7 weeks.

We've seen less than half of the roster's gameplay.

I can only hope that this would encourage them to get gameplay trailers out sooner. That's all I fuckin want. 2 Minute trailers for each character. Show us an intro, let us hear their voice, some moves, Fatal Blow, Fatality, outro. I don't need an hour-long Kombat Kast. Don't get me wrong! I enjoy the Washed-Up Warriors segments and to an extent the Belt Battles (I like seeing high-level play as well as the more casual side of gameplay) but I mainly watch those to hear extra intro dialogues lol.

But in just a few hours I'm going to be able to say "MK11 comes out NEXT MONTH!!!" You'd think with that we'd have more gameplay to go off of.

There are also modes they've yet to talk about. Like, I partially feel bad for them. But not too bad.

They played themselves from the jump showing screenshots of D'Vorah and Kano and waiting weeks to show either of them while hyping up D'Vorah's fatalities and such.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Starting to think someone at NRS has a fetish for bald chicks....Frost, bald. Why? I get D'vorah she's not human and it fits. Kronika because she's some sort of Goddess of Time or something of power. But seriously why Frost? I'm changing her hair day one lol.

If Mileena comes back, she better not be bald....not even a Mileena main but seriously.

Anyway, I'd love to know who's leaking this shit. You know they're losing their job if someone finds out.

So essentially they're bringing everyone new in MK X except Takeda, Kung Jin and Ferr/Torr. I can understand Ferra/Torr, was hardly played but I just don't get Jacqui. Whatever, at this point I just hope Ermac, Fujin and hopefully Smoke get in as DLC. The new characters, curious about. I will guess right now that the Kollector is some sort of sorcerer, dude has that evil wizard or Sith look to him. Cetrion looks intriguing, she definitely ain't human lol. I don't think Kollector is either.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
RE: Takeda and Jin, I wouldn't be surprised if the story mode involves Cassie and Jacqui getting knocked together through a time portal or something, and Takeda and Jin getting left behind. Cameo appearances. It's mostly surprising because Takeda was very well-received, but I'm hype to see what they've come up with for Jacqui this time.