What's new

BREAKING: Erron Black (and others) supposedly Leaked on Reddit

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
My man Kotal looking SICK.

Everyone please shut up about the roster now.

Keep in mind that Paolo stated there are "secret unlockable characters", so that's where you'll find Rain, I'd bet. I'm so sick of everyone bitching about Rain, I want this to be true.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I think MK4 Noob used a Scythe. He could again, but Skarlet uses one so I think that lowers his chances.

Maybe by "Sickles" they mean a pair of Kusarigama:

EDIT: Taken from Wikipedia:

"Kusarigama consists of a kama (the Japanese equivalent to a sickle)..."

Judging by the fact that it says "Sickles" and not just "Sickle", I think you're right on the money.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
This is what I think the Roster is going to look like. I'm using the positions on the screen select from the leak since most of them are there. It follows the leak screen exactly but I added Mileena, Shang, and Shinnok where I think they'll go. The 6 Kombat Pack characters are the squares with gold around them.

I fully believe this is what the roster is going to look like.

HOWEVER

I wouldn't put it past them add another DLC pack. However, I don't think it will consist of 6 characters. I think they'll add 4 more DLC characters and it'll end up looking like:

New slots next to Mileena, Shao Kahn, Shang, and Shinnok.

That'll give us 10 DLC, 11 including Shao Kahn (Hehe...11...perfect.)

Idk. Maybe I'm crazy, but I truly believe this. Who do I think these DLC characters will be you might ask? Well, idk. There are so many characters who I think they could pull from. I definitely think we'll see fan requested characters. Sindel, Stryker, Rain, Sareena, Nightwolf, Smoke, and Fujin are 7 I can most definitely see them adding in. I could see it as somewhat of a 'MKX Cameo' apology for not adding any of them in as DLC for MKX. People would buy the shit out of them.

When it comes to guests I think Pennywise is an obvious choice. I mean, he's gotten so much popularity in the last couple of years and the IT sequel comes out this year. Just obvious whether you like it or not.

The other guest? Spawn. I think it's about damn time we get Spawn in an NRS game and I'm not even a fan of the guy! I just feel like his inclusion is long overdue and if he isn't in I'll be a bit disappointed.

Kombat Pack 1: Sindel, Smoke, Havik, Nightwolf, Pennywise, and Spawn
Kombat Pack 2: Stryker, Fujin, Sareena, and Rain

It's kind of a reach assuming they'll dial back guests from 4 to 2 since they had 4 guests in MKX as well as Injustice 2. But I can see them trading in 4 guests for 2 huge guests guaranteed to get big hype.

Also, I might be reaching in thinking that they'll have all those mega fan requested characters. And Havik could be considered a reach, but idk I think he could be a cool 3D era character if done correctly. and Stryker I just added cause he was an MKX cameo, but it could be possible especially since Kabal's in. I just don't think playable characters in MKX will be DLC (as in Ermac, Reptile, etc), but who knows.

But this is what I think the roster could end up looking like in the end:

AGAIN all of the DLC is complete speculation in terms of who's in there (The Kombat Pack 2 might not even happen. But I do think that this is possible.)

Idk, I just really like the look of this roster. It can get the people begging for the likes of the MKX cameo characters to stfu and I think pretty much the majority of the player base will be happy.

A solid roster of 38 characters that I think would make a lot of fans happy.

Edit: Please for the love God don't drag me into oblivion for this.

My man Kotal looking SICK.

Everyone please shut up about the roster now.

Keep in mind that Paolo stated there are "secret unlockable characters", so that's where you'll find Rain, I'd bet. I'm so sick of everyone bitching about Rain, I want this to be true.
Doesn't look like it. Rain isn't included as one of the leaked unlockable characters. Tsung and Mileena appear to be what we are getting. And apparently Boon doesn't want to repeat DLC characters, so Rain fans may be shit out of luck. Who knows though, maybe he will rethink that idea?

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Its gonna be 34 people base roster, it makes no sense to have random 6 people as dlc place holders on base.

People are just not ready to accept the greatness!

Gamer68

Fujin!
Keep in-mind that Shang Tsung, Shinnok, and Mileena still aren't 100% confirmed. The GameFAQs leak said that, and while it does seem legit, if it's true these images were floating around on Discord for a while then it's possible some guy just piggybacked off of THIS leak and decided to make his own with BS characters.

We'll just have to wait and see.

This is what I think the Roster is going to look like. I'm using the positions on the screen select from the leak since most of them are there. It follows the leak screen exactly but I added Mileena, Shang, and Shinnok where I think they'll go. The 6 Kombat Pack characters are the squares with gold around them.

I fully believe this is what the roster is going to look like.

HOWEVER

I wouldn't put it past them add another DLC pack. However, I don't think it will consist of 6 characters. I think they'll add 4 more DLC characters and it'll end up looking like:

New slots next to Mileena, Shao Kahn, Shang, and Shinnok.

That'll give us 10 DLC, 11 including Shao Kahn (Hehe...11...perfect.)

Idk. Maybe I'm crazy, but I truly believe this. Who do I think these DLC characters will be you might ask? Well, idk. There are so many characters who I think they could pull from. I definitely think we'll see fan requested characters. Sindel, Stryker, Rain, Sareena, Nightwolf, Smoke, and Fujin are 7 I can most definitely see them adding in. I could see it as somewhat of a 'MKX Cameo' apology for not adding any of them in as DLC for MKX. People would buy the shit out of them.

When it comes to guests I think Pennywise is an obvious choice. I mean, he's gotten so much popularity in the last couple of years and the IT sequel comes out this year. Just obvious whether you like it or not.

The other guest? Spawn. I think it's about damn time we get Spawn in an NRS game and I'm not even a fan of the guy! I just feel like his inclusion is long overdue and if he isn't in I'll be a bit disappointed.

Kombat Pack 1: Sindel, Smoke, Havik, Nightwolf, Pennywise, and Spawn
Kombat Pack 2: Stryker, Fujin, Sareena, and Rain

It's kind of a reach assuming they'll dial back guests from 4 to 2 since they had 4 guests in MKX as well as Injustice 2. But I can see them trading in 4 guests for 2 huge guests guaranteed to get big hype.

Also, I might be reaching in thinking that they'll have all those mega fan requested characters. And Havik could be considered a reach, but idk I think he could be a cool 3D era character if done correctly. and Stryker I just added cause he was an MKX cameo, but it could be possible especially since Kabal's in. I just don't think playable characters in MKX will be DLC (as in Ermac, Reptile, etc), but who knows.

But this is what I think the roster could end up looking like in the end:

AGAIN all of the DLC is complete speculation in terms of who's in there (The Kombat Pack 2 might not even happen. But I do think that this is possible.)

Idk, I just really like the look of this roster. It can get the people begging for the likes of the MKX cameo characters to stfu and I think pretty much the majority of the player base will be happy.

A solid roster of 38 characters that I think would make a lot of fans happy.

Edit: Please for the love God don't drag me into oblivion for this.

I like the looks of your Kombat Pack 1 and 2 quite a bit. I would upgrade the roster from a thumbs down to a thumbs up overall if they release those characters. That said, didn't Boon say that he doesn't want to redo DLC characters? Doesn't that mean Rain is likely out? Then again, Boon is full of shit so he could easy have just been trolling if/when he said that.

xXRagingFlameXx

Keep in-mind that Shang Tsung, Shinnok, and Mileena still aren't 100% confirmed. The GameFAQs leak said that, and while it does seem legit, if it's true these images were floating around on Discord for a while then it's possible some guy just piggybacked off of THIS leak and decided to make his own with BS characters.

We'll just have to wait and see.

I like the looks of your Kombat 1 and 2 quite a bit. I would upgrade the roster from a thumbs down to a thumbs up overall if they release those characters. That said, didn't Boon say that he doesn't want to redo DLC characters? Doesn't that mean Rain is likely out? Then again, Boon is full of shit so he could easy have just been trolling if/when he said that.
One answer: Big bank.

They'd make so much money off of Rain I can't even fathom.

Although the only other outcome I could see: Shinnok NOT being unlockable and Rain instead taking his place. With another 3D era character in Rain's spot in the Kombat Pack 2. There are so many they could try and reimagine I don't even wanna think about it lol.

If Mileena is in then not counting Armageddon wouldnt this be the most females on a base roster for Mk? Also if Mileena is in then the female dlc will definitely be either Sindel or Sareena, potentially even both.

MK Led

Umbasa
They'd make so much money off of Rain I can't even fathom.
the only people who are that hype for Rain will be buying the game and all the DLC regardless. He's not really that much of a draw-card all things considered.

That being said he could easily be in, seems likely even with these leaks.

xXRagingFlameXx

If Mileena is in then not counting Armageddon wouldnt this be the most females on a base roster for Mk? Also if Mileena is in then the female dlc will definitely be either Sindel or Sareena, potentially even both.
Oh most definitely. We'd be sitting at 11 Female characters which would be HYPE!

I think Sindel being DLC is solid because of the whole Cameo MKX thing I got going on with my DLC roster. Sareena too. However, there are a couple other female characters from the 3D era I could see them trying out besides her like Ashrah, Kira etc. I don't want Nitara cause with Mileena we'd already have a bitey lady.

the only people who are that hype for Rain will be buying the game and all the DLC regardless. He's not really that much of a draw-card all things considered.

That being said he could easily be in, seems likely even with these leaks.
Yeah, I definitely think he's a solid bet for DLC if that's not him on the menu screen and is in fact, Kotal Kahn. But of course, he could be unlockable instead of Shinnok. Which I'm starting to think is most likely it. The menu screen photo, albeit looking like Kotal's model perhaps, just seems very MKX Rain like to me.

I think a lot of people would be hype to have Rain be unlockable and yet another 3D era guy get a shot in his DLC slot.

Oh most definitely. We'd be sitting at 11 Female characters which would be HYPE!

I think Sindel being DLC is solid because of the whole Cameo MKX thing I got going on with my DLC roster. Sareena too. However, there are a couple other female characters from the 3D era I could see them trying out besides her like Ashrah, Kira etc. I don't want Nitara cause with Mileena we'd already have a bitey lady.

Yeah, I definitely think he's a solid bet for DLC if that's not him on the menu screen and is in fact, Kotal Kahn. But of course, he could be unlockable instead of Shinnok. Which I'm starting to think is most likely it. The menu screen photo, albeit looking like Kotal's model perhaps, just seems very MKX Rain like to me.

I think a lot of people would be hype to have Rain be unlockable and yet another 3D era guy get a shot in his DLC slot.
Yeah i think for the girls with Frost and potentially Mileena and Tanya not an option anymore Dlc is most likely Sindel, Sareena, Li Mei or Ashrah those are really the only reasonable options unless the create a new one. Now for the guys thats definitely more trickier my bets on Nightwolf Havik and if Shang is in the game im gonna go with Fujin, if not Shang.

J_in_CA

Noob
I really like this base roster but I would have loved for Rain, Fujin and Kenshi to have made it. I hope they are in as DLC as well as Nightwolf, Sindel and Sheeva.

Kratilim

Noob
Imo its a fantastic roster. Sure some are missing, but that would always be the case. The leak has me more hyped than ever, especially concidering the effort they put into mr cage. But I do sympathise with NRS. Hope they catch the leaker and sue thhe shit out of him/her.

thesacrifist

Too old for this
I agree this leak is a godsend hypewise, due to the hit and (mostly) miss of NRS reveal schedule - but of course, sack the shit who leaked.

Roster looks like the best ever. All the unlockables PER CHARACTER drive me insane with joy, and I get tingling in my spine thinking about seeing these characters in action. That's hype!

xXRagingFlameXx's roster + DLC suggestion further up this page would be the PERFECT roster. Absolutely perfect.

Fingers crossed for only 2 huge guests, not 4.