What's new

Breaking Bad (SPOILERS!)

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Awesome finale to an awesome series. Definitely picking up the complete series on Blu-ray at some point. I thought the "closure" Walt had with everyone was very well done and powerful. Also how boss was it to see Jack beg and Walt just off his ass mid-sentence? It seemed symbolic too about how he had finally let go of the money (aside from the trust).

jaym7018

Noob
I think if you all did a game of thrones or whatever other popular tv show topic youd find my opinions much more in line with the masses, which is boring.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
First of all great last episode!

Second: I think Marie's line on the phone is the story tellers way of setting up a way for Walt to show his brilliance: "He think's he is some kind of criminal mastermind". By succeeding with his plan, Walt pretty much confirms this.

I also appreciate the scene with Skyler where Walt admits both to himself and to Skyler that he has been egoistic during this whole thing. I don't see this as an indication that Walt love his family any less though. Walt clearly loves his family very much, but where he earlier thought he was doing it all for his family, he has come to realize he also did it because it made him feel alive.

And about Walt saving Jesse. All indications points towards Walt understanding the situation before going out there and executing his plan. I can't prove it of course, but the way Walt seems to "play" Jack to bring Jesse in to the building makes me think he understood the situation. He suspected Jesse was alive and he knew Jesse wouldn't willingly work for Tod. Either Jesse was being held as a slave, or Jesse had taught Tod well enough to make the blue meth himself. I would find it highly unlikely for Walt to go to Jack without considering what to do if Jesse was being held hostage.

This last episode takes Walt from being a man that thinks he is doing it all for his family (Might have unerstood this already before makes his call to Skyler as he leaves town a couple of episodes ago), to realize he is also doing it for himself and how it makes him feel. He also shows us that he no longer care for excessive money by not even bothering to listen to Jack on his deathbed. Walt has already ensured more than enough money for Jr. and that is all he wants, because he is now aware of his egoistic motive for trying to make more and more money earlier on in the series.

I also like the parting scene between Walt and Jesse, as it almost seems like they both forgive each other with that last one smile.

Haze

Noob
r.i.p breaking bad 1 of the greatest shows ever made although its kinda shit we wont see any more of this show heisenberg went out with a bang more than i can say about fucking dexter that was awfull

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Even though I think the ending went pretty much how people expected, it was still a wonderful ending with so much closure for such an excellent series. One of the best in TV history.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
Sadly enough this great show has come to an end. How did you guys like the ending? I thought it was a bit off, more should have been added to it.

jaym7018

Noob
Sadly enough this great show has come to an end. How did you guys like the ending? I thought it was a bit off, more should have been added to it.
It was a pretty safe ending as far as the writing goes. Some of it was cringe worthy with the PIS. But the scene with skylar was awesome. Id rate it as a 7 on the BB scale.

VG doesnt agree with you he blatantly brought up walt trying to manipulate him so did aaron paul.
Vince Gilligan and Aaron Paul were actually referring to a scene from a previous episode this season called 'Rabid Dog'.

The reason they brought it up is because there was a scene where Jesse had mentioned he would never do anything that Walt had requested again.

In that final scene where Walt gives Jesse the option to kill him. Jesse specifically asks for him to request it, thus giving Jesse an out when Walt specifically requests "I want this".

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
Vince Gilligan and Aaron Paul were actually referring to a scene from a previous episode this season called 'Rabid Dog'.

The reason they brought it up is because there was a scene where Jesse had mentioned he would never do anything that Walt had requested again.

In that final scene where Walt gives Jesse the option to kill him. Jesse specifically asks for him to request it, thus giving Jesse an out when Walt specifically requests "I want this".
and Aaron paul and cranston both said Walt saved Jesse in the end.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Where did i say Walt had no idea he was alive? I said he had no idea jesse was a slave and he had no idea jack would bring him out. Him bringing jesse out like a dog and pony show was just plot induced stupidity,so walt could get the keys.
He knew Jack would bring him out one way or another.
If he was actually now a partner, he'd of let Jesse kill Walt. Since they were going to kill Walt anyway, it would cement Jesse into the group and probably make him happy enough to keep cooking.

If not, he owed Walt Jesse's life, and Jack has never lied or failed to follow through with a job. That was made clear like 8 times in the past 3 episodes.

Walt played Jack like a retarded fiddle, because at the end of the day Jack wasn't nearly smart enough to deal with Walt. That is why Walt always put on a false bravado with him. He knew how to push Jack wherever he wanted (when he was in control of the situation of course).

Plus, you were right. Walt went in to the Natzi den thinking Jesse was actually apart of it. I mean, we all saw his reaction to chained up Jesse. His real son hadn't turned on him, he was a slave.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I'm gonna be honest, I think the Baby Blue song did not fit the mood of the final scene.

The lyrics might have been appropriate, but the rest of the music clashed too hard with my mood while watching it, and really lessened the impact of the final scene for me. I know others like it, but for me, it was kind of a letdown.

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
By complete accident. It was very spur of the moment. I believe Walt went there with every intention of getting mowed down along with the nazis.
I believe that too, that he was going to kill them as well as himself. But when he see the way Jesse was treated and what he became he knew he had to save him. He could have easily pressed the button to the keys right when he got them. But he made sure to tackle jesse to the ground and Shield him. In the end he saved Jesse's life one last time and pretty much took a bullet for him.

Crathen

Death is my business
I was reading that and article and saw Vince thought Todd was in a wierd way likable, and i couldnt agree more. Vince and i are such kindred spirits :D

He was consistent with his behaviour , he was a bad guy but it was natural to him and imo he was somewhat naive ( killing kids then having a crush on Lydia ) , i really disliked him but i can see how someone could like the "character".

Walt is great character and in the end he finally accepted the path he took with that "To feel alive" when talking to Skylar , and i think he took the path of "redemption" even knowing it was the end for him , instead of following his Hisenberg revenge driven agenda he acted as Walt.

jaym7018

Noob
He knew Jack would bring him out one way or another.
If he was actually now a partner, he'd of let Jesse kill Walt. Since they were going to kill Walt anyway, it would cement Jesse into the group and probably make him happy enough to keep cooking.

If not, he owed Walt Jesse's life, and Jack has never lied or failed to follow through with a job. That was made clear like 8 times in the past 3 episodes.

Walt played Jack like a retarded fiddle, because at the end of the day Jack wasn't nearly smart enough to deal with Walt. That is why Walt always put on a false bravado with him. He knew how to push Jack wherever he wanted (when he was in control of the situation of course).

Plus, you were right. Walt went in to the Natzi den thinking Jesse was actually apart of it. I mean, we all saw his reaction to chained up Jesse. His real son hadn't turned on him, he was a slave.
No he did not know jack would bring him out. He couldnt have known hes not a god damn psychic. And what are you talking about he was payed to kill jesse he didnt kill jesse thats a failed job. You give Walt way way way to much credit. The fact they inspected everything possible except the trunk is like the biggest form of plot induced stupidity ever. And lol false bravado with jack,no just no. Was it false bravado when he was crying begging for Hanks life. Was it brilliant when walt gave jack exact coordinates to his 80 million.

jaym7018

Noob
He was consistent with his behaviour , he was a bad guy but it was natural to him and imo he was somewhat naive ( killing kids then having a crush on Lydia ) , i really disliked him but i can see how someone could like the "character".

Walt is great character and in the end he finally accepted the path he took with that "To feel alive" when talking to Skylar , and i think he took the path of "redemption" even knowing it was the end for him , instead of following his Hisenberg revenge driven agenda he acted as Walt.

Nah vince even said it " in the end he was with what he loved most his meth lab, his chemistry" which is what ive said all along. Sure he took baby steps towards redemption but in the end it was clear what he loved the most and it wasnt his family and it wasnt jesse.

I was reading that and article and saw Vince thought Todd was in a wierd way likable, and i couldnt agree more. Vince and i are such kindred spirits :D
Also, I am really liking this article that you just quoted.

In this article Vince Gilligan also confirms what I just said a few moments ago:

"But he had said a long time ago, in a previous episode, ‘I’m never doing what you tell me to do ever again,’ so when he says no and drops the gun and says, ‘Do it yourself,’ to Mr. White, it’s as much a refusal to do what Walt tells him. He’s just not going to make Walt happy anymore. It’s not about, ‘I’m not still angry enough to murder you.’ Rather, it’s, ‘You want this, and therefore I’m not giving it to you.'"

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
No he did not know jack would bring him out. He couldnt have known hes not a god damn psychic. And what are you talking about he was payed to kill jesse he didnt kill jesse thats a failed job. You give Walt way way way to much credit. The fact they inspected everything possible except the trunk is like the biggest form of plot induced stupidity ever. And lol false bravado with jack,no just no. Was it false bravado when he was crying begging for Hanks life. Was it brilliant when walt gave jack exact coordinates to his 80 million.
You're bringing up things that do not pertain to that specific scene

I'm not giving him too much credit at all. Walt ALWAYS had a false sense of being a bully when dealing with the Natzi's WHEN HE WAS IN CONTROL. Meaning, when he met with them. He always got them to do exactly what he wanted. He always manipulated Jack into doing what he needed to be done.
The entire point of him calling Jesse his partner was for him to prove one way or another Walt's suspicions. Jack failed to do a job Walt hired him to do, which was to kill Jesse. That made Jack a liar. and one thing Jack has insisted since we've met him, he is not liar nor a rat, nor would he partner with one. Walt is aware of this. It isn't blind luck. He forced Jack's hand.

Even the idiot 2nd in command not checking everywhere on the car makes sense to me. They no longer view Walt as a threat. Hell, he simply stuck his head in the window of the car to inspect it. Didn't actually look under it, check inside anywhere else. Just looked in. That isn't ever precaution, its redneck precaution.