What's new

Breaking Bad (SPOILERS!)

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
Ok so I have heard that Breaking Bad was an extremely good series. I know it's on Netflix so I decided to start watching it one day. Me and my cousin watched the first episode and it was kinda ehhh.... We got bored and couldn't really get into it. We only watched like 20 minutes of it and didn't even finish the episode.

Does it take a long time to get into Breaking Bad? Like am I going to have to watch a couple episodes to get drawn in? I want to give this show a chance but what I seen of the first episode so far was kinda boring
Well i'm going to honest with you, if you need a show where exciting things are constantly happening then this might not be the show for you. If you enjoy a great story, acting, character development then you need to sit through it. You are going to have to watch more than one episode to actually see if you enjoy it or not. Season 1 only has 7 episodes because of the writers strike, but it picks up in season 2 and season 3 is where it becomes the best show on TV. Also if you got bored within the first 20 mins there isn't much hope for you lol, it's a shame because it is amazing and an intense show. Just force yourself to watch it even if its like 1 episode a day you'd get into it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The first season sucks imo. Despite what some say this is not an all time great show but it is a very good show.
IN your opinion
probably should tag that on there sir

FOREVER KING

yes its slow. I had the same problem but pushed through it, and you are rewarded.

If you seriously stay bored

come back in about 4 years and try again. Eventually you'll appreciate it.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Idk how anyone could make the comparison between darth vader, hannibal lecter and Walter white. They are not even remotely the same.

But Darth Vader is AWESOME. How can anyone not like him as a character? doesn't mean i rooted for him. Never liked lecter.
I was just making a joke.

jaym7018

Noob
and if you notice

the people that stopped quoting you aren't those people

But again..... you compare in black and white...... like your gun analogy

basically saying enabling is also making the decision for the person

If the person said "i'm going to kill myself, can i have your gun"
then yeah its your damn fault

if the person said "I don't feel safe in my home, can I borrow your gun"

then what?
Im not saying hes forcing him to do drugs. But he is enabling them which means he deserves some blame. If you said "i dont feel safe at home , can i have your gun" then you proceeded to kill yourself id absolutely feel responsible which is precisely why id never give you my gun. Do you watch Sons of Anaracy ? They are about to explore this exact scenario but instead of a suicide its a kid using the gun to shoot up a school.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Im not saying hes forcing him to do drugs. But he is enabling them which means he deserves some blame. If you said "i dont feel safe at home , can i have your gun" then you proceeded to kill yourself id absolutely feel responsible which is precisely why id never give you my gun. Do you watch Sons of Anaracy ? They are about to explore this exact scenario but instead of a suicide its a kid using the gun to shoot up a school.
yeah

and i wouldn't feel responsible for someone else's decision.
I made my decision with the facts that I had. So i was doing a good thing in my mind.

Yet some, like you, would blame me.... on some level. How fair that is.... is in the eye of the beholder.

Actually SOA didn't explore it.... it was merely a means to an end. Quoted from the writer himself.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
My woman didn't like Breaking Bad what so ever, I showed her 1-3 episodes. Little bit later I'm like you need to give it another try and now she is OBSESSED with the show! Shoot there were even moments I would fast forward and be like "F'in woman moments..." The other day I discovered the comic con with breaking bad and the Walter White mask...AMAZING, she said she wanted the mask *I hope not for sexual reasons*

Yes I'm one of those people that HATE Skylar and HATE Marie...but the show wouldn't be the show without any of them...if any of the actors in the show were missing it just wouldn't feel right. You need to feel attached to someone, you need to hate someone and the acting in this show is just phenomenal....it blows my mind just thinking about it.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I hate hoe I can't edit, but when all the dvds are released I plan on taking a week off with her and just watching the whole series straight through and dissecting every second of it...I LOVE IT!

LionHeart V1

See this is where im gonna come off as a hypocrite. I love the lecter as a character cause despite him being evil he had redeeming qualities as characters. He had loads of charisma, he was incredibly charming and witty he was funny and he never withered under pressure and his psychosis made him genuinely interesting. Of course im still rooting for starling to catch bill . My hate for Walt isnt just cause hes evil i also find his character to have no redeeming qualities to make him likeable as a character hes not funny hes not witty he has zero charisma he has no prescence hes frail and weak and can only lie and manipulate.
Well to each his own. People have their preferences in terms of what they like in characters. See I think Walt is funny, I think Bryan Cranston does an amazing Job that makes me like his character even more because he's so believable. He is very smart and to me he does have redeeming qualities about himself until he went full dbag mode in season 5A. We just view characters and their qualities differently. Part of the reason I'm still rooting for Walt is because I want to ( or at least) believe that in the end he can have that one redeeming moment and realize the errors of his ways. Will the forgive everything he's done absolutely not, but the character has managed to become my favorite character on TV so that's why i'm still with Walt.

To say that I never liked Lecter would be falsed. He's just not one of my favorite characters. Anthony Hopkins did play him with a certain class which made the character charming and likeable even though he ate people, but to me and this is just me Walter White just has so much depth as a character and you can really analyze him (TV show with 64 episodes will do that).

jaym7018

Noob
yeah

and i wouldn't feel responsible for someone else's decision.
I made my decision with the facts that I had. So i was doing a good thing in my mind.

Yet some, like you, would blame me.... on some level. How fair that is.... is in the eye of the beholder.

Actually SOA didn't explore it.... it was merely a means to an end. Quoted from the writer himself.
So you would just all willy nilly hand your gun to someone like its no big deal? You shouldnt feel responsible for their decision you should feel responsible for your decision. How can you say SOA didnt explore it when it hasnt happened yet?

LionHeart V1

I find it very sad but in a great way that the last scene that was shot in this show was the flashback in the RV. Just reminded me of the simpler times but then all of that faded away.

jaym7018

Noob
I read it perfectly

You only said the first season sucks

you then went on to say it wasn't an all time great show as some would make you believe... but rather just good

that is also your opinion......
I thought the fact i said imo in the first sentence made it crystal clear anything i typed was my opinion. I mean should i put in my opinion after everything i type? Seems a bit redundant.

jaym7018

Noob
I find it very sad but in a great way that the last scene that was shot in this show was the flashback in the RV. Just reminded me of the simpler times but then all of that faded away.
Cooking meth in the desert is what you consider simpler times? I would think him teaching chemistry pre cancer would be simpler times.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Would you consider Breaking Bad to be a fine wine? You have those earlier times, it hasn't matured and your having a fun evening...and now your your drunk and circling a expensive wine in deep thought, holding on to each sip.

Horrible analogy, but hope you get the point. I feel like most people put themselves in Walts shoes when watching this show...you didn't know what you were getting in to, it seemed crazy at first and now your just thinking holy shit...

jaym7018

Noob
Well to each his own. People have their preferences in terms of what they like in characters. See I think Walt is funny, I think Bryan Cranston does an amazing Job that makes me like his character even more because he's so believable. He is very smart and to me he does have redeeming qualities about himself until he went full dbag mode in season 5A. We just view characters and their qualities differently. Part of the reason I'm still rooting for Walt is because I want to ( or at least) believe that in the end he can have that one redeeming moment and realize the errors of his ways. Will the forgive everything he's done absolutely not, but the character has managed to become my favorite character on TV so that's why i'm still with Walt.

To say that I never liked Lecter would be falsed. He's just not one of my favorite characters. Anthony Hopkins did play him with a certain class which made the character charming and likeable even though he ate people, but to me and this is just me Walter White just has so much depth as a character and you can really analyze him (TV show with 64 episodes will do that).
Him being believable is a credit to Brian Cranston not Walter White. Cranstons acting is phenomanal i will not argue that. Outside of maybe the fly episode when has walt made you laugh. The comedic role of the show to me always belonged to saul jesse and jesses friends and in a twisted way tuco was funny. You wanting or believing Walt to realize the error of his ways speaks more aboit your character than Walts.

LionHeart V1

Cooking meth in the desert is what you consider simpler times? I would think him teaching chemistry pre cancer would be simpler times.
Well i was mainly comparing it to the point where we are at in the story. Jesse was just an idiot and Walt hadn't unleashed Heisenberg yet. and they didn't have hatred for each other.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Well if we are doing comparisons. Then facing death or abduction while held prisoner by tuco is a simpler time. I dont think thats how that expression works.
Well by your point of view, Tuco is just a comic book character and should only be taken as a joke.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
The first season sucks imo. Despite what some say this is not an all time great show but it is a very good show.
IN your opinion
probably should tag that on there sir

FOREVER KING

yes its slow. I had the same problem but pushed through it, and you are rewarded.

If you seriously stay bored

come back in about 4 years and try again. Eventually you'll appreciate it.
Well i'm going to honest with you, if you need a show where exciting things are constantly happening then this might not be the show for you. If you enjoy a great story, acting, character development then you need to sit through it. You are going to have to watch more than one episode to actually see if you enjoy it or not. Season 1 only has 7 episodes because of the writers strike, but it picks up in season 2 and season 3 is where it becomes the best show on TV. Also if you got bored within the first 20 mins there isn't much hope for you lol, it's a shame because it is amazing and an intense show. Just force yourself to watch it even if its like 1 episode a day you'd get into it.
So would you guys say that it starts getting really good around the 2nd season? If the first season is only 7 episodes long and it starts getting good around the 2nd season I'll give it a try

jaym7018

Noob
Well by your point of view, Tuco is just a comic book character and should only be taken as a joke.
He is a comic book character and a joke. Tucos hilarious. His men are hilarious to. Remember when tuco beats that guy to death and calls him a pussy for dying. Then tucos other lackey goes back to recover the body only to have his arm severed by the pile of cars then he dies from bleeding out. Everything about and involving tuco is hilarious.