Votes: 37 67.3%
  • Breakaway

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Hopefully neither

Votes: 15 27.3%

• Total voters

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Okay using your breaker you managed to escape the dreaded touch of death combo, now it's your turn to-OH NO you got put back in the combo and now you have no meter lol.
fair enough ..... if you get caught second time for the same trick, shame on you, lol ! :p
anyway, NRS build the game for both casuals and professional players, so, they will always try to put something to help people to play the game, despite the skill level involved ....

fair enough ..... if you get caught second time for the same trick, shame on you, lol ! :p
anyway, NRS build the game for both casuals and professional players, so, they will always try to put something to help people to play the game, despite the skill level involved ....
We'll see, At the end of the day: I've played MK without Breakers, I've played MK with Breakers, I've played MK with Breakaway.

I don't really care, I'm just gonna play.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I read the thread

This was your argument. Your opening statement and it’s wrong beyond belief. There are plenty of FGs that have vortex characters and don’t have a breaker mechanic and thrived. Had EVO success and all that. You also went on to name a bunch of FGs you claimed to play, and a lot of those games don’t have a breaker system, which goes against your argument

2 of the Big 3 FGs are full of mixup characters and they don’t have any type of break system. Those games are THRIVING and will continue to. No one cries about how “fucked up” the games are either. Yes there’s been some crazy characters but nothing to the point where it needed a breaker system
No, that's not even my entire argument.

My actual argument was that it largely depends on what kind of fighting game you're making, how the meter system works, how meter it's built, what offense is like, etc etc. Some games, it's totally fine. Others, it isn't which is why it exists.

If you didn't have the reading comprehension of a brick, you'd understand that, you dense fuck.

And, "this fighting game does it, so it is fine if another fighting game does it too" is a dumb as shit argument. Jesus fuck, you've been on this site as long as me, how are you this stupid?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I read the thread

This was your argument. Your opening statement and it’s wrong beyond belief. There are plenty of FGs that have vortex characters and don’t have a breaker mechanic and thrived. Had EVO success and all that. You also went on to name a bunch of FGs you claimed to play, and a lot of those games don’t have a breaker system, which goes against your argument

2 of the Big 3 FGs are full of mixup characters and they don’t have any type of break system. Those games are THRIVING and will continue to. No one cries about how “fucked up” the games are either. Yes there’s been some crazy characters but nothing to the point where it needed a breaker system
Also you're absolutely delusional if you think nobody ever talked about how fucked up some of the games just on my list were, or just how fucked up some NRS games were.

Imagine how much worse the Batgirl tearing, the Alien tearing, the Kabal tearing, would have been if there were no escape options.

You're either deliberately lying or stupid as shit.

Likely both.

Zviko

Noob
The "10 seconds" you are referring to exists in a game barely anyone consider (when it comes to meter (breakway). You see "Breaking" means you are in defensive position and unless you apply block pressure that meter is not refilling (with exception of special moves)

Also: At some point (or not) you may will realize, that the meter you trading has more value than your life bar and even your entire offense may depend on it.

At that point the perspective on "Breaker" does really change - its not just a meter, that you dont get back for free in ten seconds, its putting yourself into incapacitated state that may lead to a loss : )
By "10 seconds" I just meant you get it back too fast, not necessarily only applying to MK11's auto refil. It wasn't even my point. my point was, breaker should be purely a defensive mechanic used as a last resort and not something to rely on when making offensive decisions (plural - in 1 match). Basically it should have bigger consequences for the player using it so there will be less of "let's throw this out there, I'm safe anyway" mentality.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Also you're absolutely delusional if you think nobody ever talked about how fucked up some of the games just on my list were, or just how fucked up some NRS games were.

Imagine how much worse the Batgirl tearing, the Alien tearing, the Kabal tearing, would have been if there were no escape options.

Likely both.
Damn 2 posts? And none of them even gives an answer to my argument and is just name calling? I got under your skin that bad based on facts? Lol Just shows you have no argument

You keep mentioning NRS games as your prime example. That’s not my problem that you know nothing but NRS games and aren’t skilled enough to deal with other fighters. There are a PLETHORA of other FGs out there, but since you got butt raped in NRS games so badly, that’s all you know. I thought you said you played other fighters? Why aren’t you using them as an example? Why only NRS fighters? I mean, you tried to make an argument by comparing breakaways to bursts which is just…lol

Again, I NEVER SAID breakers are a problem or they need to be removed or anything like that, so I’m not even sure why you’re even having a conversation with me. Just because I understand FGs and you don’t doesn’t mean you’re right and I’m wrong. I just feel as if you make a mistake, you should get hit. “oH bUt KaBaL, oH BaTgIrL” Oh man shut up and play other fighters lol. We get it. Those characters tore you a new one. That doesn’t mean a game is fucked up just because it doesn’t have breakers

Didn’t your last reply to me state your were done? Didn’t you post a status saying you’re logging off forever? Yet you commented back to try and be a smartass, just to be the complete opposite? You thought you ate, but whole time the plate is full. Meanwhile I’m chewing you up lol

InB4 the name calling and NRS examples continue. I challenge you to give me ONE fair argument. Everything you’ve been throwing out, I’m shutting down lol. I doubt it tho because you’re the same guy who said MK11 has better combos than MK9 and we ALLLLL know how bogus that statement is.

Your move

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Damn 2 posts? And none of them even gives an answer to my argument and is just name calling? I got under your skin that bad based on facts? Lol Just shows you have no argument

You keep mentioning NRS games as your prime example. That’s not my problem that you know nothing but NRS games and aren’t skilled enough to deal with other fighters. There are a PLETHORA of other FGs out there, but since you got butt raped in NRS games so badly, that’s all you know. I thought you said you played other fighters? Why aren’t you using them as an example? Why only NRS fighters? I mean, you tried to make an argument by comparing breakaways to bursts which is just…lol

Again, I NEVER SAID breakers are a problem or they need to be removed or anything like that, so I’m not even sure why you’re even having a conversation with me. Just because I understand FGs and you don’t doesn’t mean you’re right and I’m wrong. I just feel as if you make a mistake, you should get hit. “oH bUt KaBaL, oH BaTgIrL” Oh man shut up and play other fighters lol. We get it. Those characters tore you a new one. That doesn’t mean a game is fucked up just because it doesn’t have breakers

Didn’t your last reply to me state your were done? Didn’t you post a status saying you’re logging off forever? Yet you commented back to try and be a smartass, just to be the complete opposite? You thought you ate, but whole time the plate is full. Meanwhile I’m chewing you up lol

InB4 the name calling and NRS examples continue. I challenge you to give me ONE fair argument. Everything you’ve been throwing out, I’m shutting down lol. I doubt it tho because you’re the same guy who said MK11 has better combos than MK9 and we ALLLLL know how bogus that statement is.

Your move
he can probably break a TV over a teabag if he is that easy to tickle

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
he can probably break a TV over a teabag if he is that easy to tickle
Lmao honestly tho.
It’s crazy because I didn’t even disagree with him. All I said was “if you make a mistake, you should get punished for it. FG101”, which it literally is. FGs are literally based on that. But because my opinion is different than his, he’s butthurt.

The guy literally made a whole status about you, degrading you just because your opinion was different than his.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Speaking on the meter.

having to build meter should just be phased out of modern fighting games.

Most devs have realized that starting people out with full resources for augmenting their abilities is just more interesting and exciting, so long as you balance around that. MK11 was the first of the big 3 to do it, then SF6 and soon T8 both have instantly usable resources. It would be a massive step backwards to not keep on with this direction.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Speaking on the meter.

having to build meter should just be phased out of modern fighting games.

Most devs have realized that starting people out with full resources for augmenting their abilities is just more interesting and exciting, so long as you balance around that. MK11 was the first of the big 3 to do it, then SF6 and soon T8 both have instantly usable resources. It would be a massive step backwards to not keep on with this direction.
SF6 has a different philosophy.
You start with no super art meter instead, but the Drive gauge you start full because the main goal its to never be without it, as you use it, it depletes and you will ender burnout state if that happens, basically the game offers you ex moves right of the bat, but if you overspend you will lose a good chunk of the mechanics of the game for quite a while.

Burnout it's so interestingly designed for what it does.
You lose over drive moves, drive impacts, drive rush, if a DI hits you near a wall, you get stunned, all your normals are minus, all attacks you block are also minus

It's the worst scenario possible.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

Likely both.
Relax, it's not because someone disagrees with a freaking gameplay mechanic you have to call them stupid mate. Learn to debate without insults.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Breakers at least never full combo punished the person who landed a combo
I remember it being a thing in MKX where someone would break, and it would deplete both characters' energy/stamina bars, to prevent the aggressor from immediately running back in on the person that just broke. I always thought it kinda sucked because so often afterwards they'd throw out something yolo and I'd have to eat the full combo because my stamina hadn't recovered yet. Like okay, They get to use theirs but I don't get to use mine? Awesome.

Still leagues better than breakaway of course. I don't recall how breakers worked in MK9. But MKX and MK11 were far from perfect.

What I liked about Breakaway is if you made the read on someone using breakaway, you could ruin someone's day and punish them for even more damage. I like that idea.

If you want to get out of my combo and I made a read that you were going to try and escape it, I should be able to prevent your escape and make the combo even worse for you.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
What I liked about Breakaway is if you made the read on someone using breakaway, you could ruin someone's day and punish them for even more damage. I like that idea.

If you want to get out of my combo and I made a read that you were going to try and escape it, I should be able to prevent your escape and make the combo even worse for you.
That would have been great had all characters been blessed with viable armor breakers. Much like KI's counterbreakers.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?

Something to think about for the new game.

Breaker or Breakaway I want to punish your get out of jail free card.

inb4 "but it costs meter / but it resets neutral". No. I want to punish your escape attempt with even bigger damage.
Agree . Make it happen NRS.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
SF6 has a different philosophy.
You start with no super art meter instead, but the Drive gauge you start full because the main goal its to never be without it, as you use it, it depletes and you will ender burnout state if that happens, basically the game offers you ex moves right of the bat, but if you overspend you will lose a good chunk of the mechanics of the game for quite a while.

Burnout it's so interestingly designed for what it does.
You lose over drive moves, drive impacts, drive rush, if a DI hits you near a wall, you get stunned, all your normals are minus, all attacks you block are also minus

It's the worst scenario possible.
Well all three are different(MK11, SF6, T8)
But they all have the core philosophy of giving the player immediately access to full resources specifically for move augmentation, that’s my point.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Well all three are different(MK11, SF6, T8)
But they all have the core philosophy of giving the player immediately access to full resources specifically for move augmentation, that’s my point.
That's actually what the new director of SF6 and Harada said, they wanted ppl to go crazy right off the start. But if they overshoot it then the disadvantage becomes evident, that's the neat balance MK1.2 needs to achieve.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
That's actually what the new director of SF6 and Harada said, they wanted ppl to go crazy right off the start. But if they overshoot it then the disadvantage becomes evident, that's the neat balance MK1.2 needs to achieve.
MK11 had the same idea but it was held back by only having 2 offensive bars IMO and balancing around that.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
MK11 had the same idea but it was held back by only having 2 offensive bars IMO and balancing around that.
This is also the first time in a long time, that i have no idea what will NRS do, literally i'm just waiting to see what it will look like and have my ride on it, just as it was on MK9, from MKX onwards i've always had a pretty good idea of what would they push next.

Feels worrying, but also feels nice to have a complete blank, and just see everything as its for the first time.