What's new

Brainiac Combo Thread

I will try to add all max damage combos that I have posted in other threads.
Let's start with the max damage of the divekick midscreen:

Meterless with a stored beta strike or beta bomb, 423.81 damage on high defense characters
Instant divekick ,trait hits (if it is the beta bomb release it before inputting the divekick, if it is the beta strike release it right after inputting ia divekick), b3, bf3, 12xxTendril Thrash

1 bar , 493.16 damage, inputs are the same, just MB the Tendril Thrash in the end:

B12 starter with stored drone

Meterless : (beta strike stored) B12xx(trait release)BF3, trait hits, D2xxBF3,3xxDF2 = 385.97 damage

1 bar: (beta strike stored) B12xx(trait release)BF3, trait hits, J3xxDB2 MB, B3, J3xxDB2 = 530.32 damage

2 bars: (beta strike stored) B12xx(trait release)BF3, trait hits, J3xxDB2 MB, B3, F2xxDB2 MB = 582.41 damage

D+F1 starter with stored drone

Meterless : (beta strike stored) D+F1xx(trait release)BF3, trait hits, D2xxBF3,3xxDF2 = 347.83 damage

1 bar: (beta strike stored) D+F1xx(trait release)BF3, trait hits, J3xxDB2 MB, B3, J3xxDB2 = 499.77 damage

2 bars: (beta strike stored) D+F1xx(trait release)BF3, trait hits, J3xxDB2 MB, B3, F2xxDB2 MB = 554.6 damage

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
D+F1 starter with stored drone

Meterless : (beta strike stored) D+F1xx(trait release)BF3, trait hits, D2xxBF3,3xxDF2 = 347.83 damage

1 bar: (beta strike stored) D+F1xx(trait release)BF3, trait hits, J3xxDB2 MB, B3, J3xxDB2 = 499.77 damage

2 bars: (beta strike stored) D+F1xx(trait release)BF3, trait hits, J3xxDB2 MB, B3, F2xxDB2 MB = 554.6 damage
Brainiac is cool and all, but is the alternate input set-up for holding trait easy to get used to?

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Brainiac is cool and all, but is the alternate input set-up for holding trait easy to get used to?
I did it since day 1 (found it easier for darkseid at first tbh), so can’t truly say. But I like it more for most characters now. Gives trait some real independence from other inputs. I would say counteracting your current reflex of using 4 will be the hard part. But you’ll get there if you want to :)

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
LB/L1 for trait is where it's at.

I tech throws better then ever having it on the B button.

Was frustrating to get used to for a wee bit but them's the breaks.

I have like a list of options to go for first against each character. Since Superman can wake up with either Rising Grab or Flying Punch, I usually go for a low mix up in OKI first. By low mix up option I mean either D3 with beta bomb right after>>>divekick mb etc,etc... or d+f1xxbf3, beta strike release>>>divekick mb etc,etc. Since both of Sup's wake ups can be low profiled by d3 and d+f1 and even if Sups whiffs and invulnarability frames eat you initial attack, he either gets hit by beta strike and you can confirmfrom there into divekick mb or you just get to whiff punish him.
And when the opponent stops waking up and starts blocking low I go for divekick oki shinenigans)

Marinjuana

(Post December Patch)

Optimal midscreen two bar divekick combo? (No trait.)

Divekick MB, B3/F3, JI3~Divekick MB, S3~DF2 (444)

Edit: Found a better one. I'm sure someone posted it at some point but I don't wanna go through 100 combos where most of them won't work.

Divekick MB, JI3~Divekick MB, B3, S3, DF2 (462)

This actually does just slightly less damage then the old DB2 MB ender combo.

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Here's a higher damage 12U2 combo(at least more then the one I used with D2~BF3) that's seems to be easier to land now:

12U2, 12~BF3, D1~DF2 (261)

Edit: Doesn't seem possible on small hurtbox characters. Bummer.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Is there a new BnB considering that BF3 no longer switches opponents to the opposite side? Or am I just trash and it's still the same?

Edit - Cancel that I am just trash

Last edited:

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
So what did the update do for brainiac?

Is the change better cause the corner push is better now or is it not as great cause we now have to trade our corner push to be able to go for max damage with f3 f2 db2?

Marinjuana

Just out of curiosity why are people using two bars in one combo isn't that like a waste of meter or am I not seeing a bigger picture
For one, high resource combos can be very useful situationally if it can kill or get the opponent to critical health where chip or stray hits can kill.

Meter is easy to come by in this game, doing that two bar combo alone gives you a half a bar of meter. And it adds an extra 7ish%. Not a crazy amount, but it adds up. If I have a life lead or a lot of meter, that sort of thing is appealing. Not counting clash and air escape, that's guaranteed damage and sometimes you just want cash now!

A lot of two bars combos are very high damaging anyway, sometimes it can do another 10%, and other times the reward doesn't come from straight damage, but rather from setup potential or positioning.

As for this particular Brainiac combo, I think it's good situationally, but not as useful as the pre patch one. The pre patch combo left the opponent closer for better oki, did better damage and the MB came at the end of the combo so it was easier to gauge the situation and decide if you wanted to use two bars.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
For one, high resource combos can be very useful situationally if it can kill or get the opponent to critical health where chip or stray hits can kill.

Meter is easy to come by in this game, doing that two bar combo alone gives you a half a bar of meter. And it adds an extra 7ish%. Not a crazy amount, but it adds up. If I have a life lead or a lot of meter, that sort of thing is appealing. Not counting clash and air escape, that's guaranteed damage and sometimes you just want cash now!

A lot of two bars combos are very high damaging anyway, sometimes it can do another 10%, and other times the reward doesn't come from straight damage, but rather from setup potential or positioning.

As for this particular Brainiac combo, I think it's good situationally, but not as useful as the pre patch one. The pre patch combo left the opponent closer for better oki, did better damage and the MB came at the end of the combo so it was easier to gauge the situation and decide if you wanted to use two bars.
Yeah that's what I kind of figured thanks for the quick reply man appreciate it

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
if u want, you can spend bar on a second divekick in a combo to go for the corpse hop setup, the mb dive kick will give you just enough time to land a d3, and you can time that forward dash and do the instant dive kick for the tricky crossup :)