What's new

SALTY Bradycast: SZ, the cycle, the truth

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
To actually comment on the video, I think it's an easy argument to make that NRS needs to lay off of reactive patching but I think it misses a very big key argument. Anyone remember how anti-hype CEO Tanya was? How about this past tournament with Acidic Alien? These events are just as much community events as they are publicity for the game and it reflects VERY badly to have showings like this.

In a bubble, yes the community needs to take time to learn the matchups more thoroughly; however, whenever a game launches the company is quick to market it for tournaments and the success of it out the gate sets the tone for the success of the entire duration of the scene. If they wait several months to start promoting a game at tournaments less people care at that point and turnout is lower than at launch.

I don't envy NRS.
Excellent point.

The Highlander

There can be only one
To actually comment on the video, I think it's an easy argument to make that NRS needs to lay off of reactive patching but I think it misses a very big key argument. Anyone remember how anti-hype CEO Tanya was? How about this past tournament with Acidic Alien? These events are just as much community events as they are publicity for the game and it reflects VERY badly to have showings like this.

In a bubble, yes the community needs to take time to learn the matchups more thoroughly; however, whenever a game launches the company is quick to market it for tournaments and the success of it out the gate sets the tone for the success of the entire duration of the scene. If they wait several months to start promoting a game at tournaments less people care at that point and turnout is lower than at launch.

I don't envy NRS.
Yea the problem is we aren't a big/good enough community to flesh out all these match-ups. It takes us years to fully understand some nuances and too many tournaments happen by then. I think what they do is usually for the better, there are many casualties and characters lose some of their dirt but I have yet to see a character get completely destroyed by a patch. If my options were the nerfs my own characters got vs top 8's filled with vanilla Tanyas, Predators, and Aliens (funnily enough all DLC...) I'm picking the former every single time.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yea the problem is we aren't a big/good enough community to flesh out all these match-ups. It takes us years to fully understand some nuances and too many tournaments happen by then. I think what they do is usually for the better, there are many casualties and characters lose some of their dirt but I have yet to see a character get completely destroyed by a patch. If my options were the nerfs my own characters got vs top 8's filled with vanilla Tanyas, Predators, and Aliens (funnily enough all DLC...) I'm picking the former every single time.
"I Have yet to see a character get completely destroyed in a patch"

Welp, looks like someone else forgot Cyber Sub exists.

champdee

Noob
yeah, I'm really disappointed how he turned out in this game, basically everything @Tom Brady said(the staggering strings, safe clone cancels, etc) He just doesn't feel "him" without that stuff. I kinda thought they'd give him a bit faster of a d1 this last patch but... i dunno, OH and then they nerf mournful for absolutely no reason... I can't win

edit: Not sure if this would help against ermac (somehow I doubt it and don't feel like testing sub anymore)
I know it's slower startup, but is safer.. I hope it helps

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
That monologue above shows passion for the game. Stream monstering takes next to none. Only opinions you should value are of those who share the same dedication. :coffee:
This

Also, Tom, you literally just responded with several paragraphs, after what I am certain is a child, gave you two lines that contain zero complete sentences. Chill my man, and good stuff on putting the bradycast back up.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Just pointing out that this is the kind of passive aggressive trolling that gets a free pass on this site, but if you were to directly call Tom an idiot you could get a warning. How about you correct Tom's points in a civil way without trying to piss someone off for being wrong in your eyes?
Just pointing out that this is the same site where you can go on racist blasphemy fits and if anyone says your wrong for that you just hit with that quick "I was salty..we all get alittle salty. Your a anti-saltist then if you dont let me vent out my saltrations. So who's wrong?"

So yeah..Welcome to TYM..your daily dose of WTF.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I enjoyed the vid.

Its tough to make a vid like this. If you just say how you see it, then only those that see it like you do are going to be on your side. If you walk them through your thought process, then you'll get everyone to see where you're coming from - but you're hurting yourself playing in tournaments going forward.

Wigy

There it is...
also a number of things that are pretty heavily exaggerated in his statements about sub.

I'm totally with brady on subs placement in tier list though