What's new

Bradycast Featuring Perfect Legend - Putting DR Gross & CD Jr 'On Blast'

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I'm with PL on the topic of Gross.
But not KLs matchups.
He placed higher than you at a tournament with almost as many competitors as EVO.

Not saying your performance was bad(And your situations were very different obviously) but come the fuck on guys, 13th at MLG Dallas is absolutely nothing to scoff at. Also didnt Gross place higher than PL anyway?

He placed higher than you at a tournament with almost as many competitors as EVO.

Not saying your performance was bad(And your situations were very different obviously) but come the fuck on guys, 13th at MLG Dallas is absolutely nothing to scoff at. Also didnt Gross place higher than PL anyway?
yep, PL got top tied 17th. gross tied 13th.

Actually I just checked and Gross got 17th as well.

Still though, 17th out of 96 in the most stacked tournament of the year. And people act like he went 0-2, seriously.
oh yeah i forgot, and that is nothing to be ashames of because that tournament was the hardest mk tournament to date imo.

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
If Sheeva still gets the biggest hitbox and everyone elses is smaller she also deserves extra health.
Ya know, giving people different health ratings isn't a terrible way to balance a game. If Kabal had SF4 Seth health and Sheeva had Zangief health, the match-ups may not be so lopsided.

I feel Sheeva's gameplay philosophy would make a hell of a lot more sense if she could afford more errors. That's how a lot of grapplers play in Street Fighter: they strategically allow themselves to get hit by certain attacks in order to gain geography and corner their opponents.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
This is starting to sound like post-MLG Columbus all over again, PL just seems to lose the plot and doesn't know what's going on anymore when he tries to multitask fighting games.

Sub definitely has the advantage in the corner though.
That's essentially what it boils down to, there's no such thing as a hard 5-5.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

MLG didnt have 250+ entrants, it had under 100 (double the entrants isnt almost as many). Also I finished 13th too...

coolwhip

Noob
Actually I just checked and Gross got 17th as well.

Still though, 17th out of 96 in the most stacked tournament of the year. And people act like he went 0-2, seriously.
Which means he didn't get higher than Foxy, who got 16th at EVO. And no, there wasn't "almost as many" entrants in MLG than there was at EVO. I don't get people's fascination with comparing.

Zoidberg747

MLG didnt have 250+ entrants, it had under 100 (double the entrants isnt almost as many). Also I finished 13th too...
But you are still saying Gross did not perform well. When he got 17th at one of the most stacked tournaments of the year? By that logic then the rest of UK must have sucked too(They didnt, which is my point).

I don't think Cage loses to Sub Zero. I think if the match is played like it is supposed to be it can be a 5-5. Sub definitely has the advantage in the corner though.
I play Cage against a Sub Zero player is very good at the MU, I can tell you it is no lie that Sub has the advantage. This is my logic, it takes a very good Cage player to make this match up 5-5 against an average/very good Sub player. The reason being that Cage doesn't really have a good mix-up game (people usually confuse this with mix-ups), his forte is good pressure and mind games. I think you should play Cage against a very good Sub player like Brady or Denzell and you will understand what I mean. We could also ask the opinion of top Cage players like Curbo, F0xy or Maxter. Just my 2 cents...

Zoidberg747

Hardly the same logic AT ALL...

Oh so when we all hype all the UK guys up and only one of them makes it out of pools, that is different than gross who got 17th? Again im not insulting the UK guys, but most of us hyped you guys up and only 2 of you made it out of pools. So how is it fair to say gross was overrated when a lot would argue the UK guys were overrated?

It is the exact same thing.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master

I thought EVO had around 300 ppl for MK this year? MLG had what, 90 something ppl? Granted it was full of top players at MLG Dallas, but those same people also went to EVO where more people came out. EVO>MLG. Can't compare the pre-season to the Super Bowl.

Zoidberg747

I thought EVO had around 300 ppl for MK this year? MLG had what, 90 something ppl? Granted it was full of top players at MLG Dallas, but those same people also went to EVO where more people came out. EVO>MLG. Can't compare the pre-season to the Super Bowl.
How did I walk into a EVO vs. MLG debate? God dammit.

All im saying is gross played very well and wasnt overrated. Just as the UK players(Even UFG who went 0-2) played well and imo were not overrated.

I am not trying to compare MLG to EVO, again.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
How did I walk into a EVO vs. MLG debate? God dammit.

All im saying is gross played very well and wasnt overrated. Just as the UK players(Even UFG who went 0-2) played well and imo were not overrated.

I am not trying to compare MLG to EVO, again.
I have nothing to say, but you're first sentence amused me greatly.