What's new

Bottom 5 Character Project

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
i disagree, as a sindel scrub/weak player i cant just spit out fireballs like crazy, csz freeze is so slow that i have to actually time my fireballs or itll almost always trade hits.. vs sub i can throw out a fireball and it tends to be pass me. its a fucking weird ice ball that CSZ has.. but im also still learning the match up so i cant say for sure..
If Sub is at 3/4 to full screen length away from you, it's pretty pointless for him to even throw iceballs, anyway; he can't make it over to you in time for a combo due to the fact Sindel is always airborne when he trades with her. I swear, it's so retarded that I can't even use the ex freeze to check her because she will unthaw from the ex faster than the regular version. You can sometimes make it over there after a regular freeze, but trying to catch Sindel with the ice ball is pretty fruitless. Sub's only chance is to push Sindel back to the corner so no point wasting time throwing iceballs. Cyber Sub is slightly different because he has a faster dash and he can also teleport and u4 into bomb games or regular slide if he freezes you from across the screen.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
anyone who has decent zoning doesn't fear Sub. It is just a fact. Especially if they can be airborne to do it. That is why Pig doesn't fear him. Mileena can stay airborne while zoning him out, besides the fact that he punishes her exTelekick for like... 12%. That is neither here nor there.

I agree with Sal though. I think he gets blown up by the top tier guys, so he's never represented in the top 8 at many tournaments. I guess we will have to wait a long time to understand this Sindel mess. Since no one has enough balls to post up matches they are having with her.

swag1

EX smash solves all
For those Sindel players getting salty because atm we feel she's bottom 5, please link a youtube vid or something to show us otherwise. I WANT to be wrong. Every Sindel I have ever come across online did nothing but zone.
Locally, we have no Sindel players so naturally I feel she's low tier. Please prove me/us wrong.
You cannot judge how great a character is by a YouTube video, an online player, or any local players in your area. If you really want to see Sindel's true potential, play a top Sindel player offline, or explore her full potential for yourself, in training mode and learn the matchups online

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
You cannot judge how great a character is by a YouTube video, an online player, or any local players in your area. If you really want to see Sindel's true potential, play a top Sindel player offline, or explore her full potential for yourself, in training mode and learn the matchups online
I attempted to explore her months ago, as a possible complimentary alt for my then Kitana main, but I really couldn't stick with it.
She felt very underpowered in the damage department, and I found myself relying heavily on the same zone-zone-zone tactics that
I saw from the few online Sindels I've played.

Unless Slips (or another STL player) starts alting sindel, I doubt i'll get the chance to play a top notch sindel offline.
Living in backwoods Missouri doesn't make for good offline comp. Trying my damnedest to try to get to STL to level up my game.

swag1

EX smash solves all
I use Sindel as my secondary, and I would like to give some inputs on her strengths that people who don't play her may not understand.

- I believe if you can land some hits, you can end the combo in a variety of ways to control what you would like to do when the combo finishes (i.e. full screen for zoning, close for fly cancel pressure)
- Instant air flight fireball (builds meter for fly and fireball, plus recovers fast, can machine gun inputs when you get used to it)

Also, people always comment on how "SINDEL NEEDS ARMOUR". I agree, with armour she would be top of the mid tier (IMO). EX Step up has some on wakeup, and can use that for people who try to use that to their advantage, + gives good distance.

A lot of people think if you get them at mid range you will start zoning. This can make them attempt to move in. You can take advantage of this and rush in on them, with a mixup or a pressure string.

Her 2, 1 string and 1, 1, 1 string are both good IMO. Second hit of 2, 1 is low, I always use flight cancel after into throw or 1 1 1. 1 1 1 flight cancel is safe, (I think it's neutral on block, maybe -1 or -2).

Anyways, I believe Sindel is underrated, and if she got armour on EX Step Up (not just wakeup), she would be so much better. Because really, when you hear about Sindel, does anybody ever complain about how terrible her zoning is, or flight cancel. I think people are too hung up on armour. It is a problem, but it gives her 'E' tier status, undeserved IMO.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
I've seen all sub has to offer and I have no fear

I've seen what sindel will become and it's frightening
No fear? You got raped by Tom Brady in that money match, Piggie. The fuck you talking about, dude? Show at least a little respect for the character hah!

About Sindel... really? REALLY?! She's not the best match up for Cyber Sub, but c'mon... What she will become that we've not yet seem?

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I changed my mind about sindel after playing her a little, she is a much better character than people are making out. She has definite issues against teleporters though and some problems against characters than control space better than she does, so I wouldn't say she is top 10.

So I'm gonna take Sindel out of my list and replace her with Sheeva. I actually think Sheeva is really good as well, every character has their fair share of bullshit in this game though.

1. Jade
2. Stryker
3. Nightwolf
4. Kano
5. Sheeva

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
How is Ermac put at 21? Just because some retards put him bottom 5?
I don't understand why anybody can say someone sucks besides metioning a character like Jade or Stryker without them explaining why and putting it up for argument. Ermac has some of the best kombos in the game, good rushdown, great specials, awesome zoning, argueably the best punisher. Who else hits mileena's teleport with mid-30% punishment? I get Sub Zero after running sets all day with my friends and online with dudes like TwoDays and yeah... Sub Zero has to work. Ermac though is a beast, his match up chart is great. Nothing is un winnable. I just seriously do not understand how he is below Skarlet, Rain, Liu Kang, Cage, Reptile, etc.

My brain hurts.
you should show me how good your ermac is and ill show u why he is where he is

not being rude, but if you dont get it then u dont get it

Pig Of The Hut

OK, Sindel is actually really annoying, lol, and she's a harder matchup for Sub than most of the matchups that commonly get listed for him.

Out of interest, Pig, what do you think it would take for Sub-Zero to become more of a threat to the rest of the roster again?
Thats a very tough question.

i think he is who he is - he does well in some MUs but In my experience he gets blown up in most.

If i had to name one thing maybe recovery on ice blast to be closer to sonya and kano but that'd be ridiculous LMAO

Pig Of The Hut

No fear? You got raped by Tom Brady in that money match, Piggie. The fuck you talking about, dude? Show at least a little respect for the character hah!

About Sindel... really? REALLY?! She's not the best match up for Cyber Sub, but c'mon... What she will become that we've not yet seem?
Bidu,

Hey buddy DID YOU NOT SEE ME RAPE AND BEND OVER AND RAPE AGAIN TOM BRADY IN POOLS AT NEC?

TO quote brady "win where it matters"

we ran a MM w CSZ vs Sub because i wanted to see how bad the MU is.

I do not respect Sub zero and you should get your facts straight

If you think you can take me on w Sub please bring your money and lets talk until then get it straight. Everyone and their mother knows CSZ has a bad MU with sub zero. If you cant beat CSZ w sub you arent playing the MU right.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
If Mr. Mileena's Sindel gets blown up at the next major he uses her, I'm going to smirk quite a bit and savor the aftermath. It's pretty silly that the Sindel users are getting all up in arms over people thinking she isn't that good, then start talking like she's going to be the Cable of MK9.

I think it's a fair choice to put her in a personal bottom five list. You don't see me telling people that they're mistaken once Boyx3 hits a tourney and starts obliterating top-tier competition with Sheeva do you?

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Bidu,

Hey buddy DID YOU NOT SEE ME RAPE AND BEND OVER AND RAPE AGAIN TOM BRADY IN POOLS AT NEC?

TO quote brady "win where it matters"

we ran a MM w CSZ vs Sub because i wanted to see how bad the MU is.

I do not respect Sub zero and you should get your facts straight

If you think you can take me on w Sub please bring your money and lets talk until then get it straight. Everyone and their mother knows CSZ has a bad MU with sub zero. If you cant beat CSZ w sub you arent playing the MU right.
No, in matter of fact I didn't knew that. LoL! I haven't followed that tournament much, to be honest. I always thought that your main was Cyber SZ, what character you won against him?

Enenra

Go to hell.
you should show me how good your ermac is and ill show u why he is where he is

not being rude, but if you dont get it then u dont get it
Eh I've made the decision to take a break for awhile. I'll remember this when I come back and shake off the rust. I think you're on Zer0's friend list so I'll look you up.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
No, in matter of fact I didn't knew that. LoL! I haven't followed that tournament much, to be honest. I always thought that your main was Cyber SZ, what character you won against him?
His main is Mileena.
He also plays Kenshi and Rain.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Mileena? Fuck you, dude! Haha, I've just lost a tournament at finals against her. There's footage of this? MUST SEE!

M2Dave Freedy is so nasty, can't wait to see yours! :D

Pig Of The Hut

i think Sub is pretty free to the following:

Mil, kit, kabal, sonya, lao, kenshi, Skarlet, freddy, sindel

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Wow I guess he really is the worst male Ninja. : (
I'd start demanding buffs if I thought NRS would give them to him.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Agreed on most. I haven't seem any recent footage of Sub against Sonya, Kenshi or Skarlet, so I can't say shit. But you must know what you talking about heh. A friend of mine plays Sindel at average level and gives me hard time. So I don't even wanna see what a pro Sindel player is capable off, lol.

Hey, there's footage of your match against Tom in the pools of that tournament?

Wow I guess he really is the worst male Ninja. : (
I'd start demanding buffs if I thought NRS would give them to him.
We do it from time to time at the Sub-Zero forum, of course it leaves us to nowhere and the thread is occasionally closed lol.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
What on God's Earth have we spoken to you get offended about? I know you quited the character, Tom. And I totally understand and respect your decision, but you still are a reference for Sub-Zero. Maybe you will always be.

I only (honestly) hope that you will be more successful with whatever character you're 'maining' now. :)

Edit: Heh, he deleted his post!

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever

Yeah, man, play against Foxy's Sonya with Sub-Zero and you'll lol every time he divekicks you out of your d4 pressure, combos you and then resets you. Can't go near her and can't run away from her either because she can zone you all day due to the super sonic recovery speed on ring blasts.

Also, I agree with Dan; Sub-Zero isn't free to most of those characters, they are just difficult matchups for him. Kabal is one of the easier matchups to handle, actually.