What's new

Bottom 5 Character Project

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
i think mk is balanced in the fact that every character has what it takes to win and that's alot more than can be said for other fighters look at marvel that's the most broken piece of shit i have ever seen. look at sf you always i mean always see the same characters making sbo making evo making ceo it don't change. atleast with mk that order can change we just dont mindlessly tier whore we actually learn our characters inside out constantly make new tech we dont even have that big of a comeback factor as marvel or sf. i have never seen a mk tournie without diversity and that makes me happy.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
As I've said before, Sub Zero players will not stop asking for buffs until Sub Zero can simply walk every character into the corner OR Sub Zero's opponent is placed in the corner at the start of every fight.

On another note, I think NRS has botched the EX moves in this game. They ought to be a lot more useful. I would have no problem if Sub Zero's EX clone, for example, broke armor and voided the proximity rule.
I think it'd be pretty cool if ex clone also deflected projectiles, it'd really help his game against big zoning characters like Kitana, Noob, Kabal, etc.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
wow alright seein Nightwolf bottom 5 that's ridiculous especially when the person puttin him bottom 5 is a baraka or stryker player saying these characters aren't bottom 5, and maybe they're not, but they are definitely not higher than Nightwolf, hell at least this character has won at a high level (LOTF, Big D) more than I can say for stryker and baraka. If Nightwolf is trying to reflect every projectile thrown and doin constant shoulders and wakeup shoulders every time yes he's easily beat, but no good Nightwolf is gonna do that. Not tryin to start shit vulcan just my opinion. I mean you were winning last time we played before the match dropped, I'm a solid Nightwolf but far from the best, i think you ARE the best stryker, i don't think ive ever been close to being beat by stryker except by you. I don't think NW is top ten, or even top15, but bottom 5, naw.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Why should Sub-Zero be able to clone without any consequence?

Sub-Zero wouldn't be cloning wihtout consequence even if he recovered immediately after a clone. Every time he clones, he puts himself further away from you, and Sub-Zero has to get in to win against pretty much the entire cast. If he clones midscreen, it gives Kitana, et al the opportunity to just start pasting him with iafs. That's enough of a consequence, in my opinion.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I'd settle for 2 hitting all crouch blocking hit boxes. shit. at least I would be rewarded for closing the gap.
Kitana gets that, you don't.

I did not cry. I merely pointed out the hypocrisy.

Just because Kitana has moves like Ass that probably should have more recovery doesn't mean Sub-Zero deserves to be able to put an ice clone on screen without recovery.
What's the hyprocrisy? I used to main SZ. He's not that viable anymore. I play Kabal now. He's fine.

Gas Blast - -25
Buzzsaw - -12

Fan Toss - -2
Fake Out Kick - 0 (there is a bug with this move that gives +8 advantage at times)

Yep, no hypocrisy here.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Sub-Zero wouldn't be cloning wihtout consequence even if he recovered immediately after a clone. Every time he clones, he puts himself further away from you, and Sub-Zero has to get in to win against pretty much the entire cast. If he clones midscreen, it gives Kitana, et al the opportunity to just start pasting him with iafs. That's enough of a consequence, in my opinion.
Most people don't understand that clone is counter-productive against zoners, unless it's in the corner.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Most people don't understand that clone is counter-productive against zoners, unless it's in the corner.
Yeah, to be honest, the only time I would use Sub-Zero competitively is in the Cyber-Sub and Johnny Cage matchups. Why would I use Sub-Zero when I can use Smoke who has far more effective footsies, better run away and better pressure thanks to being neutral on block and how great his d1 is? Lol, Sub-Zero has to rush down to win and his rush down has huge holes in it for anybody who knows the matchup. Completely pointless, but whatever. Everybody who doesn't play Sub-Zero knows more about him than the people who've laboured with him for the longest time and given up on his tournament viability.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Freeze, Slide and Clone are all excellent moves. Especially clone. You cannot have a safe special out of this group just because he has no safe specials. That makes no sense.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
i personally felt like y'all needed your rest i mean its not like it was overpowerd or anything you had to waste meter to use it and ice puddle should be useful i don't know why its even in the game if you cant use like i said i liked i tried playing him i relaized that he sucked in like 6 days. but some of the above hings aren't valid points to justify his clone being safe. scorpion has to take risk that justify the things he's gotten otherwise he would be just too unsafe to justify said risk. sektor is not an aggresive character so he needs his missiles to zone the opponent out and for quick offensive burst. sub-zero is an aggresive character with good high low mix-up, a free combo special move, an x-ray that doesn't really scale, and in the corner completely takes away some characters options with all that does he really need it to be safe i do not think so. does he need his reset yes, does he need the ice puddle to be useful in some manner yes, but safe ice clone no

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Kitana gets that, you don't.

What's the hyprocrisy? I used to main SZ. He's not that viable anymore. I play Kabal now. He's fine.

Gas Blast - -25
Buzzsaw - -12

Fan Toss - -2
Fake Out Kick - 0 (there is a bug with this move that gives +8 advantage at times)

Yep, no hypocrisy here.

I'll trade you my Fake Out Kick for your buzzsaw.

BTW, you do understand there's more to safety than block disadvantage, right?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Now that I think about it, it totally could work. Kit could lift her knee and a giant spinning fan would roll across the screen. With Kabal's pig tails and f+3 animation him doing Kitana's girly kick wouldn't be too out of place.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Now that I think about it, it totally could work. Kit could lift her knee and a giant spinning fan would roll across the screen. With Kabal's pig tails and f+3 animation him doing Kitana's girly kick wouldn't be too out of place.
Let's get a jtagged xbox and make it happen.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Wow can't believe I started this conversation.

Idk I'm a zoning type of player and I use sindel, Kano and kitana mainly. I tried subby a few times and tried to come up with a way to keep away with clone and I found it silly that I wasn't able to defend myself instantly after I completed the special. Like I should be hit during the clone but once the clone is fully on the screen I should be able to defend any on coming attack and it seems I can't instantly. I find this stupid. It's not as if subby can clone and then clone again instantly. Idk I'm slow so wtf do I know.

m2dave that idea with the enhanced clone is a great idea.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
After about three days of trying to get the definitive answer; this is what I came up with:

~1~ Sheeva
~2~ Jade (Pretty much interchangeable)
~3~ Stryker
~4~ Baraka
~5~ Kano/Nightwolf/Noob (In that order, but it's very close and there's a big gap after #4)

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Wow can't believe I started this conversation.

Idk I'm a zoning type of player and I use sindel, Kano and kitana mainly. I tried subby a few times and tried to come up with a way to keep away with clone and I found it silly that I wasn't able to defend myself instantly after I completed the special. Like I should be hit during the clone but once the clone is fully on the screen I should be able to defend any on coming attack and it seems I can't instantly. I find this stupid. It's not as if subby can clone and then clone again instantly. Idk I'm slow so wtf do I know.

m2dave that idea with the enhanced clone is a great idea.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
Well clone is like a 1 frame move, so it'd be OP if you could block right away, but it has like 36 frames of recovery right now, which is absurd.
After about three days of trying to get the definitive answer; this is what I came up with:

~1~ Sheeva
~2~ Jade (Pretty much interchangeable)
~3~ Stryker
~4~ Baraka
~5~ Kano/Nightwolf/Noob (In that order, but it's very close and there's a big gap after #4)
Play GGA Jeremiah then say Sheeva is worst in the game ;]