What's new

Born On a Monday -- Solomon Grundy General Discussion/QA/Combo Thread

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Well no grappling character is ONLY a grappler... it's just the focus of that character's playstyle to get in and do that.
I meant the main grappler. As the character who uses mostly or only grapples, where eas the other grapplers use grapplers along with different strategies. Hugo vs Alex you know? Then again, I may be thinking too specialized.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet on this game having a true blue grappler.
I know the game is supposed to be different then MK9, but NRS can be kinda weird with gameplay mechanics.

God I hope he is though.

Espio

Kokomo
I wanna see what Grundy's ultra/x-ray/critical edge type move is, if Superman's is that flamboyant...I'm curious about Grundy's, hopefully it will be seen in the demo at E3/

Beast3

Theres No Escape
I wanna see what Grundy's ultra/x-ray/critical edge type move is, if Superman's is that flamboyant...I'm curious about Grundy's, hopefully it will be seen in the demo at E3/
I think Grundy's is the one where he pulls a tombstone from his chest and smashes the opponent with it

Espio

Kokomo
I think Grundy's is the one where he pulls a tombstone from his chest and smashes the opponent with it
Maybe, but it seems rather meh in comparison, they can't have one that over the top and give him a very meh one or at least I hope not.

Maybe that's an enhanced move? I dunno lol.

Beast3

Theres No Escape
Maybe, but it seems rather meh in comparison, they can't have one that over the top and give him a very meh one or at least I hope not.

Maybe that's an enhanced move? I dunno lol.
Maybe, but maybe thats just the beginning/end of his super move and we aren't seeing the whole thing in the trailer...like Superman's

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Grapplers need that or else they will just be not grapplers their grabs are usually untechable too

Sent from the PND Haters Ball
I'm okay with it possibly being techable, but there would need to be two command grabs then. Astaroth is still scary as hell in SCV with his command grabs, but it certainly needs to be unblockable, I do not want to see another Sheeva...what a failure that was.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
I'm okay with it possibly being techable, but there would need to be two command grabs then. Astaroth is still scary as hell in SCV with his command grabs, but it certainly needs to be unblockable, I do not want to see another Sheeva...what a failure that was.
really grapplers in fg now come like brick walls

huge amount of health
untechable grabs
unblockable grabs
not much for mixups
main damage comes from grabs

KOF everyone has the same health
untechable grabs
unblockable grabs
ability to combo into grabs
grab gives you free jump in (depends on opponent)
high grabs
low grabs
unduckable grabs
ways to close space quickly
armour

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
I hope they take a few pages out of the great Victor Von Gerdenheim's playbook for this one

- Chargable normals for a "shock" animation, slightly better damage and range than the reg normal
- Various command grabs
- Charge moves, ie [d]u+k would make him jump up and crash the ground for a full ground unblockable
- qcb p, shock lariat. Jab version fast enough to hang with other character's projectiles
- super where he chokes someone out with his buttcheeks (optional) :D

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of Grundy gameplay we saw today, hopefully we'll see more by the end of the week. The one thing I did see was him doing a chokeslam, and he looked to be following it up.. i think it might be his super? The camera went back to Boon while it was going on.