What's new

General/Other Boon, "Rumor has it that Batgirl will be available to download for INJUSTICE next Tuesday"

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I personally feel NRS does a better job with costumes because at least they give some away for free which I don't think CAPCOM has ever done. Did you not read my post? It seems like CAPCOM is giving you a better deal with 12 characters for 20 dollars because they took more characters out of the initial roster to make it seem like you were getting a super deal and from your response is exactly how they wanted people to feel. Would NRS be giving you a better deal if they took out 15 characters out of the initial roster?

No ones saying NRS is less money hungry because we understand there both a business and they want to make a profit. So as I stated sincerest if not all developers/publishers do this then a decision is made how much finished content do we sell as DLC? CAPCOM in my opinion took finished content to be sold as DLC to the next level with SFxT. As far as things like lack of replays its unfortunate but other fighting games also don't have replays. Not having color customization and a solid netcode sucks I agree with that.

Lets also not forget though that the 360 version of SFxT didn't allow you to have 2 players on one console which was fucked because almost every team match with 4 players playing online at once lagged bad. I just feel CAPCOM took things a little to far with SFxT and I'm sure others do.
I forgot about that whole team thing in the 360 version, yeah it was even advertised to be there in the manuel as well, also many didn't point out that Capcom stated that it was impossible to ipliment in the 360 version and yet MK9 can do it, kinda confusing. BTW I think even Namco was quite angry what they did with that game and if you watch some of the trailers for TTT2 they blatantly slap Capcom in the face with what is in the game.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
TTT2 did it right.

Lots of additional characters and you weren't charged a penny for them. They all unlocked via time release, just like in the old arcade versions of Tekken. It's a damn shame that Namco is done supporting that game. Not ONE DLC pack for it. I would have loved to just have them offer all the custom items from Tekken 6 or at least add a pair play option for practice....ugh. Instead we got nothing.

Anyway, this isn't a Tekken thread so I'll refrain from bitching about that. I guess at least we're getting DLC and more stuff to keep the game fresh. I just want to know the rest of the DLC for sure. Couldn't care less about Batgirl.

Well it was pretty obvious she would be released real soon since they are more than likely to release Zod before Man of Steel hits theaters on June 14th. Two weeks between releases makes good sense. 2nd Season Pass will probably be released after EVO.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I really hope not. As much as I really like the Batgirl character, I don't care for Zod. He never struck me as a good villain but that is probably just me. I know a lot of people are looking forward to him and that's great but I still kinda hope the mining was wrong on him.
Dude's in Man of Steel. It's gon happen.
#KneelBeforeZoddies

I'm done with Capcom b/c of their ambiguous cross ups in SF4AE and SFxT that make no sense, nina jumping and you block cross up, but she lands on the opposite side. If Poison's jump fierce crosses up she clips and phases MMH style through your body. They're stupid, but objectively speaking I had no problem with SFxT's DLC setup. I know it was on disc, but that prevented these situations in multiplayer games that separate the community. EX Group A has it, but group B doesn't, so group A can't play group B (remember MK's problems). These injustice DLC characters were pre made and these polls were a show (Power Girl beating Batgirl). If Zod rumor is true only 2 people want him. I bet 3 of the 4 could have been on disc in time. What's the difference if you know you're getting screwed vs. I don't know I'm getting screwed? We can't be that gullible. You're still paying for the same thing either way. So if Capcom would have deleted the info on disc before going gold it would have been better? You get the same result either way. Capcom gave you 12 characteres for $20. Had they kept the content off disc people would have been amazed at 12 characters for $20 and love the DLC.

I don't mind spending extra money for content games are expensive to make... it's a business, profits over everything. Economics 101. At least we knew what characters we were getting from Capcom instead these lackluster reveals for characters we thought we were getting due to "We want your input" and arbitrary polls. I say bad practice on NRS as well. Don't hold polls and ask for input to not use it. If anything they're handling of DLC factually may not be a lie, but factually, it was sure misleading. How many of you honestly didn't think it the DLC was not going to contain MMH or have Power Girl over Babs? How many of you thought Zod was going to be DLC or jesus christ, Scorpion (completely separate from MK... no MK from 2nd lead producer Hector Sanchez)? Pretty misleading to many. I would have bought it either way to break down characters for tourneys, but it was misleading.

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"
I can't even lie. Her costume looks so fucked up. I'm not a batgirl fan at ALL. But they could have done better.

I can't even lie. Her costume looks so fucked up. I'm not a batgirl fan at ALL. But they could have done better.
I don't think it looks bad but I do agree some of her comic alts look better. A lot of good pics and suggestions floating around in her Alt Skin wishlist thread.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Lol at people calling out capcom and nrs for being money hungry. Did you think they were making games and content for fun? Cause they had nothing better to do? Damn them for wanting to turn a profit. Am I money hungry for going to work at my 'job'? God I've sold out :(

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo

I don't think it looks bad but I do agree some of her comic alts look better. A lot of good pics and suggestions floating around in her Alt Skin wishlist thread.
I love her look, but I do hope for at least ONE alt. Though I'd kill for a classic, New 52, and Thrillkiller Batgirl.

Lol at people calling out capcom and nrs for being money hungry. Did you think they were making games and content for fun? Cause they had nothing better to do? Damn them for wanting to turn a profit. Am I money hungry for going to work at my 'job'? God I've sold out :(

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo

While this is true and it should concede tolerance to the free market.

But complaining, and boycotting isn't a bad way to keep costs as low as possible. If everyone was appreciative of everything they got and didn't want more, companies wouldn't be able to improve. and you end up buying less for more.