What's new

General/Other Boon, "Rumor has it that Batgirl will be available to download for INJUSTICE next Tuesday"

Exactly and people complain about Capcom.
Except CAPCOM took out far to many characters (12) out of the original roster compared to NRS (4). NRS could've just taken out 8 more characters out of the original roster then sold us 12 finished characters as DLC to make it seem like we were getting a great deal for 20 dollars. Either way there is no law against selling finished content as DLC so it becomes a moral issue how much finished content do we sell as DLC?

Almost every developer/publisher does it but how many developers/publishers do it to the extent CAPCOM has with SFxT? What percent of the finished content did CAPCOM actually sell to is over time in SFxT not just including characters? Not only that but to make things worse how long did we have to wait till we were able to pay to unlock that finished content. That's another slap in the face not only are we going to make you pay for 12 finished characters were also going to make you wait a good 3 months to do so.

If people weren't making a ruckus about it we would've had to wait even longer. People will say well we all know it was because the vita version but that just makes things worse. The home console version is where SFxT made the most sales which means it was the most strong/loyal fan base. So the vita version cost 39.99 20 dollars less than the console version and the 12 DLC are free what kinda shit is that? On top of that sins CAPCOM did the DLC so stupidly hackers got access to the characters early why the rest of us had to wait.

I'm not going to into how SFxT needed huge overhaul with 2013 to even stay viable because that would mean the game was rushed and had far to much finished content sold as DLC. Injustice in my opinion is a more complete game to me righ out the gate then SFxT was. If you think about all that SFxT almost feels purely like a money making scheme but in the end as I stated there us no law against this type of thing which is why so many developers/publishers do this. So once again it becomes a moral issue much finished content do we omit to sell later down the road as DLC?

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Except CAPCOM took out far to many characters (12) out of the original roster compared to NRS (4). NRS could've just taken out 8 more characters out of the original roster then sold us 12 finished characters as DLC to make it seem like we were getting a great deal for 20 dollars. Either way there is no law against selling finished content as DLC so it becomes a moral issue how much finished content do we sell as DLC?

Almost every developer/publisher does it but how many developers/publishers do it to the extent CAPCOM has with SFxT? What percent of the finished content did CAPCOM actually sell to is over time in SFxT not just including characters? Not only that but to make things worse how long did we have to wait till we were able to pay to unlock that finished content. That's another slap in the face not only are we going to make you pay for 12 finished characters were also going to make you wait a good 3 months to do so.

If people weren't making a ruckus about it we would've had to wait even longer. People will say well we all know it was because the vita version but that just makes things worse. The home console version is where SFxT made the most sales which means it was the most strong/loyal fan base. So the vita version cost 39.99 20 dollars less than the console version and the 12 DLC are free what kinda shit is that? On top of that sins CAPCOM did the DLC so stupidly hackers got access to the characters early why the rest of us had to wait.

I'm not going to into how SFxT needed huge overhaul with 2013 to even stay viable because that would mean the game was rushed and had far to much finished content sold as DLC. Injustice in my opinion is a more complete game to me righ out the gate then SFxT was. If you think about all that SFxT almost feels purely like a money making scheme but in the end as I stated there us no law against this type of thing which is why so many developers/publishers do this. So once again it becomes a moral issue much finished content do we omit to sell later down the road as DLC?
I love everything you had to say, but you left out a few details, sorry I always take the time to explain this because it took me almost a full year before I even considered buying another Capcom game, I admonished SFxT since I found this out the day after I bought it on release day...

The Disk Locked Content, not only encompassed 12 characters, it involved, gem packs, alternate costumes for each character, 4 DLC characters to given away, combo preset strings, and even colors, "FUCKING COLORS" for the custom costume coloring mode. It all would cost one $120 + to purchase every last bit and all of it was on the disc day 1 on release day, it was actually 30-40% of the data on the game disk. There excuse was simply "So we wouldn't have put ou a re-release since everyone complained about that thing".

I am certain NRS had all this stuff done or nearly done during development, but at least they were honest about it and twats like Capcom's nikel and dime scheme, also seriously lets just say that SFxT costed $60 + $120, thats a total of $180 for a full game that was complete on day 1, which if this was the past gen systems, would have all been unlockable in game content that would have costed nothing extra.

Rant done, sorry that game is a sour spot for me...

Neclord

Noob

Wait, we don't know if we will only get 4 characters.
And don't forget all the costume packs. They were all done before release.
And Capcom does a better job with the costumes imo, because you can buy each costume separately and don't have to buy a pack of four or something.

On top of that, NRS dlc characters are more expensive. I just bought the SFxT dlc for 20€ = 12 new characters.
When I buy the NRS dlc characters, I only get 4 for 20€.
With the season pass, it's only 14,99€ but that is still way too expensive and ridiculous.

So please don't tell me NRS is less money hungry.

And yes SFxT with all the content might be more expensive overall, but you make it sound like Injustice is a more finished game which it isn't.

We don't have a replay mode, we don't have a decent netcode (which is probably the most important thing), we don't have color customization etc. Of course, both games are not perfect, but I gladly pay more for a game I can play online without lags, or almost without lags.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I love everything you had to say, but you left out a few details, sorry I always take the time to explain this because it took me almost a full year before I even considered buying another Capcom game, I admonished SFxT since I found this out the day after I bought it on release day...

The Disk Locked Content, not only encompassed 12 characters, it involved, gem packs, alternate costumes for each character, 4 DLC characters to given away, combo preset strings, and even colors, "FUCKING COLORS" for the custom costume coloring mode. It all would cost one $120 + to purchase every last bit and all of it was on the disc day 1 on release day, it was actually 30-40% of the data on the game disk. There excuse was simply "So we wouldn't have put ou a re-release since everyone complained about that thing".

I am certain NRS had all this stuff done or nearly done during development, but at least they were honest about it and twats like Capcom's nikel and dime scheme, also seriously lets just say that SFxT costed $60 + $120, thats a total of $180 for a full game that was complete on day 1, which if this was the past gen systems, would have all been unlockable in game content that would have costed nothing extra.

Rant done, sorry that game is a sour spot for me...
Dlc is such a touchy subject. I do enjoy Capcom's games, but sfxt's disk locked content was just stupid. paying money just for an unlock code? I understand that the dlc characters are pre-planned and are usually done before the games release, but to just put them on the disk is just low. i have no problem playing a few bucks for a character, especially for all the time and money it takes to animate the character, but to already have them on the disk just ruins the hype for new characters.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
And Capcom does a better job with the costumes imo, because you can buy each costume separately and don't have to buy a pack of four or something.

On top of that, NRS dlc characters are more expensive. I just bought the SFxT dlc for 20€ = 12 new characters.
With the season pass, it's only 14,99€ but that is still way too expensive and ridiculous.

And yes SFxT with all the content might be more expensive overall, but you make it sound like Injustice is a more finished game which it isn't.

We don't have a replay mode, we don't have a decent netcode (which is probably the most important thing), we don't have color customization etc. Of course, both games are not perfect, but I gladly pay more for a game I can play online without lags, or almost without lags.
NRS is as money hungry as any other company out there, no doubt about that, but Capcom has way worse practices with DLC than any other, I'm not going speak more about SFxT, but until that game almost every game they put out had Disk Locked Content, Asura's Wrath had the actual game ending sold off as DLC, they consistantly would re-release an entire game to sell instead using a large patch or selling you new content and that disk would still have mor elocked content, look at SF4, SSF4, SSF4AE, and then they mad epromises about MvC3 and instad big suprise they released UMvC3 not even tah long after the previous release. The worst I have honestly seen NRS do is pre-order exclusives, IOS unlocks, and the release of Komplete Edition, which though came out way later added nothing new to the game besides placing the DLC characters into the Necropolis. Capcom sells you half a game and then forces you to buy the other half.

I am not knocking you if you like their games so be it, you are more than welcome to buy any DLC they sell, but at least don't ignore how scummy their practices are.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
I'm sorry I am going to learn to use her, the trailer showed me qualities of her play-style that fit the way I play. I like fast agile charcaters, that play in unpredictable ways.
unpredictable? Lol...all right i can't wait to give you waffles with Raven.

I personally feel NRS does a better job with costumes because at least they give some away for free which I don't think CAPCOM has ever done. Did you not read my post? It seems like CAPCOM is giving you a better deal with 12 characters for 20 dollars because they took more characters out of the initial roster to make it seem like you were getting a super deal and from your response is exactly how they wanted people to feel. Would NRS be giving you a better deal if they took out 15 characters out of the initial roster?

No ones saying NRS is less money hungry because we understand there both a business and they want to make a profit. So as I stated sincerest if not all developers/publishers do this then a decision is made how much finished content do we sell as DLC? CAPCOM in my opinion took finished content to be sold as DLC to the next level with SFxT. As far as things like lack of replays its unfortunate but other fighting games also don't have replays. Not having color customization and a solid netcode sucks I agree with that.

Lets also not forget though that the 360 version of SFxT didn't allow you to have 2 players on one console which was fucked because almost every team match with 4 players playing online at once lagged bad. I just feel CAPCOM took things a little to far with SFxT and I'm sure others do.