What's new

Boon Confirms, No Demo for Mortal Kombat X

trufenix

bye felicia
Has he ever outright said "no" or "yes" to something that was later proved wrong?
With the exception of "no MK in Injustice" (which is somewhat debateable) no. People misconstrue tweets constantly, but he's never outright lied.

I just want an explanation (from one of the NRS guys) on why no demo?
I don't know what you expect them to say. Demos require time and money and offer nothing in return. One of those things wasn't there this time.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say based on Goro and the Kombat Pass pre-order, WB is done doing us favors. The last horse has finally finished the race.

coolwhip

Noob
People can only take comments at face value online unless it's just known nonsense before hand or is an obvious joke or what have you. It may be a smartass comment but people see "good" and ask "why is that good?". I'm commenting on your "I'm capable of waiting an extra few weeks to play the full game. You're quite aware I'm not speaking for everybody, so when I say good, I'm speaking for myself, from a selfish perspective" which I can only take as-is.
Yes. I'm capable of waiting a few extra weeks, which means from a selfish perspective, I don't mind the demo not being out if it means not having to sit through TYM nonsense (which would happen if there is a demo). I am neither claiming this is the right way to go nor that everyone should feel that way. I'm simply saying that's how I feel.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Has he ever outright said "no" or "yes" to something that was later proved wrong?
"There won't be any MK characters in Injustice. We want this to be its own game, its own universe. So no, it's not crossing over with Mortal Kombat."

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
You forget that only like what 10% of tym and like 1% in general of MK players go to tournaments lol
I get that, dude. I'm talking release day tournaments at Gamestop and stuff. The ones around my area did it for MK9 and IGAU. The only characters people played were demo characters.

JDM

Noob
Oh Jesus. It was a smartass comment about how unbearable people can be when they have kneejerk reactions over earlier builds of the game (see the cringe-worthy Scorpion infinite thread from a couple of months back). It has nothing to do with whether I personally would or wouldn't play the demo.
People are literally going to be stupid NO MATTER if there's a demo or not. Who gives a shit if they make threads?

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Why is anyone surprised after the debacle that was the last demo (when the whole game was revealed thanks to data mining).

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Why is anyone surprised after the debacle that was the last demo (when the whole game was revealed thanks to data mining).
Yeah, its not like NRS has relesed a demo for a game in the meantime, and it's not like that demo didn't leak the entire game. Oh wait....

A study done about a couple of years ago actually discovered that games would sell more on release day if they DON'T have a demo beforehand.

That and I'm sure that there would be some broken stuff on the demo like Johnny and Lex Luther block infinites from Mk9 and Injustice.

I'll never forget a video I saw when Mk9's demo first came out. It was of three well known Japanese fighting game players doing the block infinite on the demo and just laughing at NRS and MK9. It honestly hurt a little bit like someone was laughing at my little brother or something.

I'm glad there's no demo, really.
Makes sense...with no demo the mystique factor remains.