What's new

Boon Confirms, No Demo for Mortal Kombat X

coolwhip

Noob
You could still wait for retail by just not downloading the demo.
Oh Jesus. It was a smartass comment about how unbearable people can be when they have kneejerk reactions over earlier builds of the game (see the cringe-worthy Scorpion infinite thread from a couple of months back). It has nothing to do with whether I personally would or wouldn't play the demo.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I love Mortal Kombat. I'm capable of waiting an extra few weeks to play the full game. You're quite aware I'm not speaking for everybody, so when I say good, I'm speaking for myself, from a selfish perspective. Thanks for the terrific post. Immeasurable value, as always.
Same to you, the value i get when you speak for yourself fills me with joy, on a daily.

Others Enjoy your selfishness as well.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Oh Jesus. It was a smartass comment about how unbearable people can be when they have kneejerk reactions over earlier builds of the game (see the cringe-worthy Scorpion infinite thread from a couple of months back). It has nothing to do with whether I personally would or wouldn't play the demo.

People can only take comments at face value online unless it's just known nonsense before hand or is an obvious joke or what have you. It may be a smartass comment but people see "good" and ask "why is that good?". I'm commenting on your "I'm capable of waiting an extra few weeks to play the full game. You're quite aware I'm not speaking for everybody, so when I say good, I'm speaking for myself, from a selfish perspective" which I can only take as-is.

It's a little disappointing considering that I quite enjoyed the demo for MK9 and Injustice but on the bright side time might fly by a little faster by not thinking about it too much.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
There will be a demo. Ed Boon is just trolling as always.

He said there is not demo now but who knows later?

LOL. Wow @ what some of you are arguing about. Person A wants a demo.. Person B doesn't. Therefore, internet argument because its very important.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
LOL. Wow @ what some of you are arguing about. Person A wants a demo.. Person B doesn't. Therefore, internet argument because its very important.

How about "Person A wants a demo...Person B doesn't. Therefore, a discussion starts because it's the point of a forum". Some people are more aggressive with what they're saying than they need to be but a forum is all about discussion and getting opinions out there.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
How about "Person A wants a demo...Person B doesn't. Therefore, a discussion starts because it's the point of a forum". Some people are more aggressive with what they're saying than they need to be but a forum is all about discussion and getting opinions out there.
EXACTLY!!! If I didn't wanna what other peoples thoughts about these things, I wouldn't be here.

If I didn't wanna have conversations about MK I wouldn't be here.

If I didn't like anyone here, and thought I was better then everyone, I wouldn't be here.

If I had to "Block" people on a forum just so I could go to a forum I wouldn't be here.

Think about it people, we all love MK, don't be a dick, be a dude.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@Compbros

Ok, few things. I'm not angry btw in this responce but do want to establish more so what I meant by my initial post. I never said I was "happy with joy" or glad in that regard, I just don't care if we get a demo or not more so what I meant and nobody can complain either way about "these guys played the demo no fair". On top of that, I know for a fact someone would also find something broken and make a BIG deal out of it like they did with MK and Injustice...demos. Am I wrong there? Remember MK9 man? People were like "omg scorpion's fucking broken wtf..."

That not everyone has a console or in my case equipment to play it on yet(TV)? Hard to play anything without a up to date TV. How is that a terrible reason to not be able to play a demo? Again, I'm not wishing them to not have a demo...I'm saying if they don't, it makes little difference to me and others in my situations or saving for a console...you act as if anyone can just go stroll down the block and buy a new console like it's 5 bucks or something.

Again, I think you're taking what I said a bit out of context. I'm not "happy or glad" in the regard that there's no demo OMG time to celebrate, nor am I glad/happy if there were a demo. But as I said, if they were going to have one let's say 2 weeks before that's not long to the actual game comes out, so what difference does it make? If we were getting one a month+ahead of time then I can see being more excited personally but this sounds like what you're questioning personally, pretty sure there are other posters in here who agree with me in that a demo isn't priority...

Well...again here you seem to be taking what I said with "glad" a bit too seriously, I should have said "this makes little difference to me" and I never mentioned or referred to tournaments, I was talking in general. I am sorry to hear you're annoyed at no demo, would it have been nice? Sure, but will I hate NRS or be like "wtf NRS no demo?!?" no...

Everyone has their own perspective on this topic I guess. At any rate, I'm personally more concerned(and again this is me not saying everyone has to agree) with more revealed key characters and modes of the game than the demo, little by little they're revealing this stuff in streams but I'm just chomping at the bit to learn more about those things and netcode of course.

As an MK fanatic, I'm NOT happy about no demo or news...make no mistake, I want it as much as anyone, you're talking to a guy(one of those crazy fans who got inked with MK dragon) believe me in that regard I'm not pleased, but in regard to those other points I'll get over the fact of no demo this time.

BTW, curious did you play MK 9? I don't recall you prior to Injustice on here unless you were and maybe you had a different icon on your avatar....

Last edited:

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Well i'm over the whole "no demo for MKX" now I just want an explanation (from one of the NRS guys) on why no demo?

Unfortunately I don't have a Twitter account,so can one of you guys do me a solid and ask them that question, I'm just curious...

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
@Compbros

Ok, few things. I'm not angry btw in this responce but do want to establish more so what I meant by my initial post. I never said I was "happy with joy" or glad in that regard, I just don't care if we get a demo or not more so what I meant and nobody can complain either way about "these guys played the demo no fair". On top of that, I know for a fact someone would also find something broken and make a BIG deal out of it like they did with MK and Injustice...demos. Am I wrong there? Remember MK9 man? People were like "omg scorpion's fucking broken wtf..."

That not everyone has a console or in my case equipment to play it on yet(TV)? Hard to play anything without a up to date TV. How is that a terrible reason to not be able to play a demo? Again, I'm not wishing them to not have a demo...I'm saying if they don't, it makes little difference to me and others in my situations or saving for a console...you act as if anyone can just go stroll down the block and buy a new console like it's 5 bucks or something.

Again, I think you're taking what I said a bit out of context. I'm not "happy or glad" in the regard that there's no demo OMG time to celebrate, nor am I glad/happy if there were a demo. But as I said, if they were going to have one let's say 2 weeks before that's not long to the actual game comes out, so what difference does it make? If we were getting one a month+ahead of time then I can see being more excited personally but this sounds like what you're questioning personally, pretty sure there are other posters in here who agree with me in that a demo isn't priority...

Again, you're taking what I said with "glad" a bit too seriously, I should have said "this makes little difference to me" and I never mentioned or referred to tournaments, I was talking in general. I am sorry to hear you're annoyed at no demo, would it have been nice? Sure, but will I hate NRS or be like "wtf NRS no demo?!?" no...

Never said you were jumping for joy or anything, I said glad which, admittedly, might be out of context but if someone says "part of me is disappointed and part of me isn't" I don't take it to be "a part of me is disappointed and a part of me is indifferent", I'd take it to be a conflicting emotion such as being content or, as I said, glad. I addressed the part of you that's fine with a demo not coming out because it means everyone will be on equal footing. To further my point on the "no fair" part of your response, people get these games a few days early sometimes. There's also midnight releases or people that pre-order to get Goro. There is literally no way we would ever be on equal footing no matter what so for a part of you to not be disappointed because everyone will be equal day 1 doesn't hold water.

Again, you're trying to justify why you're not disappointed about no demo because some people aren't "ready" for MKX yet. Let me ask you: why should a TV or the console matter for a demo? Demo's are mostly to get a feel for the mechanics instead of being serious practice. So playing on previous gen or a regular TV is whatever. Regardless, this is truly a bad reason to argue for there being no demo. I asked this before and I'll ask it again, for people that may have to wait two weeks for MKX/PS4/XB1 should the game be pushed back because they won't be on equal footing and may say "no fair, you guys got to play two weeks before me"?

I never argued for or against a difference, I'm just trying to find out people's reasoning for not wanting a demo or not being disappointed in such. I'd enjoy a demo but I understand they may be focusing their efforts on polishing the game so let's get that train of thought out of this discussion. It's simply about why part of you isn't disappointed that there's no demo.

It's not what you said though, which is what I'm discussing. Now it's indifference but the argument for your indifference remains the same: it gives people a chance to be on equal footing. It does not any more than a demo would've.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I never argued for or against I difference, I'm just trying to find out people's reasoning for not wanting a demo or not being disappointed in such. I'd enjoy a demo but I understand they may be focusing their efforts on polishing the game so let's get that train of thought out of this discussion. It's simply about why part of you isn't disappointed that there's no demo.

It's not what you said though, which is what I'm discussing. No it's indifference but the argument for your indifference remains the same: it gives people a chance to be on equal footing. It does not any more than a demo would've.
Well as you said my post inplied conflict but would quickly get over it as well. On the equal footing bit, I believe that 6 months into the game not the first week or two of release though, for the most part most are around the same level(not really counting a casual or total noob) but guys like us on this site or competitive, tournament or players who know what they're doing more so in this regard.

I'm saying that's ONE reason, say the demo came out today...and some people are still saving for the console due to budget issues or whatever, then get it the week before play it, then play online and get wrecked by someone who has played the demo a month in advance? Guess we'll have to disagree there, because to me that's not fair to the other guy. Also the whole some people get it a day or two early, a game like this a day or two won't make any difference. Maybe you'll get an idea of one variation in that time period at most. You're also taking my less fortunate people point out of context now lol I never said that =game should be pushed back for people, i'm talking about strickly an early demo. Nothing more, the game comes out can't change and then once that happens it's everyone's problem to get a console asap to keep up with everyone, play when it's hot etc. I'm not disputing that...

Also, lol I see you're trying to tell or find out why those who happen to disagree with you on the demo bit. Like you're trying to get in their heads or ask why. I'd like to ask if I may, why does it matter to you that much? Everyone has their own opinion on it and I'm again not "happy" of the news, but I'm also not going to to cry about it or get down because "omg no demo, fuck!" It's why I had said initially, part of me is disappointed, the other part is contempt with it. Why don't you ask me about the part of disappointment?

But as I said that whole equal footing is just one example, my other issues why I'm not so mad at no demo is the other reasons you seem to have forgotten like the players who will find something broken and be like "OMG, how did NRS miss that, hope they fucking patch that shit!!!" kind of attitude. As I said earlier, we saw this with MK 9's demo. Yet once the game came out all 4 of those characters played different. Cage was slowed down, Scorpion's teleports were tweaked/limited and so on and so forth.

I do agree with you in regard though that it's good to get a feel for the game. Unfortunately, as someone else pointed out already most games actually don't get demos...

That's good. I'm sure NRS had good reasons. You can see how well this game is looking and we havnt even seen half of it yet. I understand the disappointment but no need to be so rude or cry about it.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
@Compbros

Well...again here you seem to be taking what I said with "glad" a bit too seriously, I should have said "this makes little difference to me" and I never mentioned or referred to tournaments, I was talking in general. I am sorry to hear you're annoyed at no demo, would it have been nice? Sure, but will I hate NRS or be like "wtf NRS no demo?!?" no...

Everyone has their own perspective on this topic I guess. At any rate, I'm personally more concerned(and again this is me not saying everyone has to agree) with more revealed key characters and modes of the game than the demo, little by little they're revealing this stuff in streams but I'm just chomping at the bit to learn more about those things and netcode of course.

As an MK fanatic, I'm NOT happy about no demo or news...make no mistake, I want it as much as anyone, you're talking to a guy(one of those crazy fans who got inked with MK dragon) believe me in that regard I'm not pleased, but in regard to those other points I'll get over the fact of no demo this time.

BTW, curious did you play MK 9? I don't recall you prior to Injustice on here unless you were and maybe you had a different icon on your avatar....
Dood.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I am glad they aren't doing a demo, as that will help them boost sales and make the final product more polished.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Btw Shaun Himmerick double confirmed it on twitter and said instead of making a demo they put the time in the final game to make it better.

Last edited:

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Release day tourneys will be a lot more fun without the demo character whores. Makes no difference to me. I do not like playing demos of fighting games at all.

Last edited: