What's new

Boon concerning buffs: "Lex is high on our list too."

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
the goty is going to be released on 1 of november. What says you that? they haven't announced it yet but everybody knows is happening because a lot of leaks.
NRS is very aware of us whining for a patch. There's no marketing reason for why a free balance update has to coincide with a GOTY edition. It would actually make more sense for the patch to come out beforehand in case we find something they need to hotfix and include on the new disc.

Reactions: 7L

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Killer Frost has a fast advancing low that is -4 and leads to a combo.

Within the context of other games I would say that it is probably a bad idea, but this game is full of special moves that are safe on block, that should probably be punishable.
Killer Frost's slide also doesn't beat out 99% of non-armored moves in this game and is easily jb3'd. Any neutral situation with Lex would become really stupid. Plus mid hitting 112, an already fast normal. There's no way a safe corp charge could be fair.

Spacepopsicle

Cool Beans
I went into a random player survival game and when it came to me and I started beating everyone with Lex, this forum is what the players sounded like playing against Lex for the first time. "He's the best zoning character in the game" "Lex is so broken how is this fair" "I didn't know Lex was so OP" "his charge is so cheap" learn the MU! He's not a hair away from being broken, he's riddled with flaws, you just need to get to know how he works. A little buff won't kill the game

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The truth is, that Lex is not making Top 8 right now even with only 1% of people knowing the matchup. To me that's not a good thing -- it means that once people actually do learn the matchup, it's going to be an even bigger uphill battle (remember what happened to Doomsday).

At some point, people will sit down and really take a look at how to fight Bane and Lex; so I'm glad they're getting buffs, because it'll help them make it to the top even after people learn how to fight them.

Honestly I have no problem with seeing Lex's win tournaments; I think he's hugely exciting to watch and it'd be an awesome thing for the game.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
The truth is, that Lex is not making Top 8 right now even with only 1% of people knowing the matchup. To me that's not a good thing -- it means that once people actually do learn the matchup, it's going to be an even bigger uphill battle (remember what happened to Doomsday).
There's also like 1% of the community playing Lex. Like, we can't say Batgirl is bad because she doesn't make top 8s either.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
There's also like 1% of the community playing Lex. Like, we can't say Batgirl is bad because she doesn't make top 8s either.
Yeah but lets be serious -- even when Lex is played well it's an uphill battle in a lot of cases just based on matchups alone.

Once people actually learn the matchup, multiply that by 3 or 4.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
But it's not like he has a ton of them. IMO Lex doesn't lose anything more than 3-7. And that's fine.
Yeah, but don't forget that other characters are being buffed as well. If the goal is to put everyone on more equal footing, then Lex deserves that just like everybody else :)

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
Yeah, but don't forget that other characters are being buffed as well. If the goal is to put everyone on more equal footing, then Lex deserves that just like everybody else :)
but if they buff lex, when i win people wont give me so many props for winning mere 3-7 matchups. its already a pushover, they should probably nerf lex

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Where's that one picture of Lex? You know, where he's wearing the suit and it says

"I don't need buffs. YOU do"

Man save it ! we've seen all of 2.7 lex luthor's make it to top 8 and people complain when most of us are more then aware that people aren't familiar with that matchup. Does top 8 mean that that character shouldn't get any buffs ? lmao this rationale is idiotic ... just because a character is good doesn't mean he's broken or that they'll be top tier if they received buffs after someone placed high in a tourney.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Sweet sassy molassy.

This patch, it needs to happen already.

inb4 uselss buffs that do nothing for Lex, MB mine will still be ass, fireball will hardly be an better, still has nothing to help him in near-hopeless match ups, profound sadness.

I may be like, one of the 10 people who actually main Lex, but this is seriously awesome news.

Also, give us a fucking DLC costume already, geez.

It's as easy as making all of his attacks and suit glowing orange and replacing the L on his chest with an Orange Lantern crest.

There you go, orange lantern Luthor, cool right?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I just want more damage on his lance and probe, and then I want to be able to get the probe out between SOME character's lazy projectile spamming.

Maybe less recovery on his dash.

rolz420zx

MindGamez
Balanced?? I literally have to stand there in fear of being punished by teleport when I do anything. And since I'm just standing there, Batgirl will just throw shit at me. If I try to retaliate and throw something back or dash in, boom you just got hit by the teleport and are now in a 50/50. Good luck guessing.

Totally fair...
Please don't ask for character to get nerfed because you don't know how to deal with it. If something is broke and the game doesn't give you a way to deal with it, then yes nerf or fix but not because people struggle against it. Yes, I am a Batgirl main and please tell me the last major/local she won or even a top 8 appearance. She has plenty of bad matches primarily Aquaman she can't play her game against him. Her one projectile hits high (without meter burn) so just duck it and she has a ton of recovery on it so duck and dash.