What's new

Boon concerning buffs: "Lex is high on our list too."

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Balanced?? I literally have to stand there in fear of being punished by teleport when I do anything. And since I'm just standing there, Batgirl will just throw shit at me. If I try to retaliate and throw something back or dash in, boom you just got hit by the teleport and are now in a 50/50. Good luck guessing.

Totally fair...
uh.........is she winning tournaments? Does she have high damage output? She's good as she is. Only thing I believe they should fix is the car at Wayne Manor

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
The best lex in the world said this...
Fab said that too?

Here is what I would like to see them do with Lex Luthor:

- 112 string (all hits as Mids, all hits put even small hitbox characters into block stun while they are crouch blocking).
- Faster Backdash
- Increased damage on Projectile (9% at least)
- Shoulder Charge -4 on block
I can't tell if this is serious lol

-Make Corps Charge Safe
-Give him a faster dash
-Give him armor on all special moves
-Increase damage on all specials
-Make trait absorb more hits and last longer

Then after all that, I think he might be viable..... ;)

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
and will you consider this for reasons of context - lex has perhaps 2 favourable matchups and the rest are even and a bunch are negative. lex will not fall in your top 10 and he probably shouldnt be in your top 15 either.
I actually have Lex winning between 7-10 matchups lol. Only a couple that could be 7-3 though. But that could change after the patch anyway.

Seriously though, I just hope they give something small and let the game develop more. If they give him too much he probably will be stupid. The point of patches is to make everyone more equal, which is what I hope they do, instead of just trading brokeness.

haven't all of you realize that this marketing campaign is just to make time for the goty edition? I bet the patch will come with that, no way in hell it comes before, specially by revealing each character buff like a costume.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
I actually have Lex winning between 7-10 matchups lol. Only a couple that could be 7-3 though. But that could change after the patch anyway.

Seriously though, I just hope they give something small and let the game develop more. If they give him too much he probably will be stupid. The point of patches is to make everyone more equal, which is what I hope they do, instead of just trading brokeness.

well i guess you would know. you are the US competition. i have online and a handful of friends. going by my experience i am not as positive about the character as you.

but i also never said he needs to be broken or over powered. i dont think he is a fraction away from broken but i dont think he needs a truckload of changes either. even though i always downplayed lex, i know he doesnt need a lot of change to wreck shit. but i also want to assure lex receives the right attention in the face of a community who is of the mindset that hes so great, when this is the "big patch" and it is the best chance for lex to get what he really deserves without being cockblocked

Balanced?? I literally have to stand there in fear of being punished by teleport when I do anything. And since I'm just standing there, Batgirl will just throw shit at me. If I try to retaliate and throw something back or dash in, boom you just got hit by the teleport and are now in a 50/50. Good luck guessing.

Totally fair...
She has it unsafe. If you block that teleport, Batgirl is screwed. Really screwed. You can't just throw out teleports at random.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
haven't all of you realize that this marketing campaign is just to make time for the goty edition? I bet the patch will come with that, no way in hell it comes before, specially by revealing each character buff like a costume.
We had a MK Complete Edition come out like 6 months after the last patch. They don't have to wait for something to patch a game...

Zatanna

Meterburned Interactable Master
Can someone please elaborate on why Lex is only one minor buff from being godlike? I realize he has lots of depth and setups, but wouldn't he need a variety of buffs to shoot up the tier list?

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

The only one I could agree with is faster backdash. Shoulder Charge = Corp Charge, right? You want my 6f advancing special with good priority that sets up my armor to be safe on block?
Killer Frost has a fast advancing low that is -4 and leads to a combo.

Within the context of other games I would say that it is probably a bad idea, but this game is full of special moves that are safe on block, that should probably be punishable.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
lex went under the radar so long and nobody knew what he was capable of. recently the spotlight fell on lex and now everyone in the community that doesnt play lex is playing this silly "Oh no lex is a step away from broken!" or "Lex is such a deep character the will make him op"

let me tell you as a day 1 lex main that when you have learned how to escape his noob-saibot-depth setups and have any clue on how to play the matchup, you will understand why if lex does not get something now, he will fade into Cyber Sub tourny viable lethal killing machine with no representatives and no wins ever territory.

no one wants another extremely broken character but i am so fucking jaded having played thousands of games with lex in hopelessly imbalanced matchups against heavy zoners (deathstroke sinestro zod etc) i feel very justified getting some fucking attention finally.

and will you consider this for reasons of context - lex has perhaps 2 favourable matchups and the rest are even and a bunch are negative. lex will not fall in your top 10 and he probably shouldnt be in your top 15 either.

now let me enjoy my reasonable buffs because im tired of working so much harder to win than others
I to this day love when people say "tournament viable lethal killing machine "

I should Patton it

I suck at this game but just sharing my opinion, if corpse charge was -4 it would be too good. There would be nothing to discourage the use of it. Making it safer is okay but not exactly necessary.

As for buffs overall he could use some. Frankly most people have little experience against Lex and many have underestimated him. In this game match up knowledge is critical so it's no wonder he's seen as very strong when most don't know the match up. I've seen people jump right onto minds. Some people stand there and watch the 70+ frame start up on some specials. So many of his specials have massive start up and sometimes you have to pray that you won't get interuptred. In some instances even if you outsmart your opponent they can still escape because of his terribke frames.

Slight improvement on some of the start ups would go a long way.

We had a MK Complete Edition come out like 6 months after the last patch. They don't have to wait for something to patch a game...
the goty is going to be released on 1 of november. What says you that? they haven't announced it yet but everybody knows is happening because a lot of leaks.