What's new

Combo List - Bo' Rai Cho Bo' Rai Cho Official Combo Thread

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Does anyone else think that damage will be normalized across all kp2 DLC?
me- i think all are prob gonna get some quick nerfs - which even as a tri borg user now i say they ALL need it - IF it doent happen soon, FR should be very interesting .. ...im buying stock in Morton

Last edited:

Cosmos

Noob
Just added this is the OP, but PLEASE for the love of science, format your combos like those in the OP. All sorts of bogus stuff happens in the built in HTML editor when I have to do copy pasting chunks of your combos. It's way more trouble than it's worth and I simply dont have time to dick with it all day. Thanks!
I've edited all my combos to the way it's formatted in the OP as they've all been lost in translation and won't work the way they've been currently listed in the OP.

Sorry for any inconveniance, hopefully this should clear things up :)

Looks at 45% meterless combos... Looks in tri-borg discussion and sees people screaming "broken" at the completely impractical 41% Cyrax combos.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Is there a trick to the 1~db4 connecting? I seem to be dropping it non stop
Just look at how his standing 1 hits and try and get the top of his hand to hit the bottom of the opponents body as they fall. If 1 is too hard you can try 2 instead.

Cosmos

Noob
Guys what do you find to be the optimal meterless punisher after a naked fart cloud? Not a variation specific, just with his uni strings & specials.
I've just had a mess about and i've got

Db4,BD, ji2 413u4, rc, 413u4, rc, f1(second hit)~db3. 32% you can spend a bar to otg afterwards if you choose. A lot more consistent if you omit the backdash into ji2. Stance specific to get ji2 4 on the same side but hits everytime if you land the ji2 as a crossup.

Cosmos

Noob
Thanks that sounds good I'll try it out. What do you think of 413u4 njp rc 12 fart as a midscreen meterless starter? Is it consistent because I've been dropping it like 7/10 times because the fart will miss.
I never use 413u4 outside of combos. There is a gap between 41 and 4 by itself is -22. If you are going to use it I personally use 413u4, f1(third hit)~db4 for drunken shenanigans. From your combo I would do a f1(second hit)~db4 instead of 12 as it seems way more consistent and same damage aha.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I really don't want to come off like a dick but I keep seeing combos like this being posted. It's cool and it does good damage but it's fairly impractical because of your positioning.

413U4 in your combo just happens to be at the corner, allowing you to continue the combo. Any fuether away and it wouldn't work, any closer and it wouldn't be the same combo.

Please keep fooling around with BRC combos but keep positioning in mind.

Last edited:
I never use 413u4 outside of combos. There is a gap between 41 and 4 by itself is -22. If you are going to use it I personally use 413u4, f1(third hit)~db4 for drunken shenanigans. From your combo I would do a f1(second hit)~db4 instead of 12 as it seems way more consistent and same damage aha.
Not saying you should start all combos with 413u4 but I wanna see the person who can consistently exploit the gap in a real game.
Nor criticising or anything, I'm just sceptic. ;)

Cosmos

Noob
@Cosmos I couldn't do your combo at all :( In the second 413u4 the 3 which is a low whiffs. So I found an easier one which is fart jip 341 b233 bf4 for 31% or db3 for 30% plus 11% with the otg dd4 ex
You aren't running far enough by the sounds if it. it's a strange combo to get used to but it's consistent with practice aha. I'll see if I can find something easier from 341 for you though.

Cosmos

Noob
Not saying you should start all combos with 413u4 but I wanna see the person who can consistently exploit the gap in a real game.
Nor criticising or anything, I'm just sceptic. ;)
It's just because people aren't familiar with the matchup yet. It's easy to react to 4 and anybody with an armoured launcher will use it as it will interrupt 4(1) 4(special) and will punish 4 on it's own. Give it some time the move will likely become obsolete outside of punish's/anti-airs.

It's just because people aren't familiar with the matchup yet. It's easy to react to 4 and anybody with an armoured launcher will use it as it will interrupt 4(1) 4(special) and will punish 4 on it's own. Give it some time the move will likely become obsolete outside of punish's/anti-airs.
Sure, but it took like 6 months before people started punishing kotals b122~ex sunstone consistently and that's insanely more easy to react to.

Cosmos

Noob
Sure, but it took like 6 months before people started punishing kotals b122~ex sunstone consistently and that's insanely more easy to react to.
Casuals sure but most decent players will be exploiting gaps as soon as they know they are there. You shouldn't use a move on the basis that you're hoping your opponent doesn't know it has a gap and won't punish.

Do whatever works for you but i'm just not going to advocate use of a normal that's fairly slow has no reach and has a massive gap just because it pops up. I'll stick to using it as an anti-air because it works well for that aha

Casuals sure but most decent players will be exploiting gaps as soon as they know they are there. You shouldn't use a move on the basis that you're hoping your opponent doesn't know it has a gap and won't punish.

Do whatever works for you but i'm just not going to advocate use of a normal that's fairly slow has no reach and has a massive gap just because it pops up. I'll stick to using it as an anti-air because it works well for that aha
I think you misinterpret me. I'm not saying you should use it all the time, but even at high level play people get away with gaps in strings all the time.
You need insane yomi or reactions to punish all.
And also I agree with most of what you said.

Cosmos

Noob
I think you misinterpret me. I'm not saying you should use it all the time, but even at high level play people get away with gaps in strings all the time.
You need insane yomi or reactions to punish all.
And also I agree with most of what you said.
If the move was fast and led to a quick follow up or even had some application then sure. Look at Sonya for example, they all use b14 regardless of the gap.

Compare it to Bo though, Sonya's is a frame slower but hits from about 2 character spaces and is an overhead. Bo's 4 whiffs if you're point blank and shimmy back a step starts high and has no inherent mixup unless you count the 'mixup' between 413 or or 41xxdb3.

I'm also fairly sure Sonya can make herself safe in every variation should you block the b14 with a special cancel meterlessly though i'm assuming she'd need a drone or a grenade to do so not to mention she can actually make b14 jail from max range.

Bo can't make himself safe at all unless you spend a bar on special cancelling the low but even then you are forced to cancel into ex puke as anything else can be armoured as it has a second gap so you'll still be minus after spending meter that he relies on.

I just don't see why it would be used at all unless i'm missing something?

If the move was fast and led to a quick follow up or even had some application then sure. Look at Sonya for example, they all use b14 regardless of the gap.

Compare it to Bo though, Sonya's is a frame slower but hits from about 2 character spaces and is an overhead. Bo's 4 whiffs if you're point blank and shimmy back a step starts high and has no inherent mixup unless you count the 'mixup' between 413 or or 41xxdb3.

I'm also fairly sure Sonya can make herself safe in every variation should you block the b14 with a special cancel meterlessly though i'm assuming she'd need a drone or a grenade to do so not to mention she can actually make b14 jail from max range.

Bo can't make himself safe at all unless you spend a bar on special cancelling the low but even then you are forced to cancel into ex puke as anything else can be armoured as it has a second gap so you'll still be minus after spending meter that he relies on.

I just don't see why it would be used at all unless i'm missing something?
I'm not entirely sure eather tbh, I'm just not ready to throw it in the trash just yet.
I'm not trying to provoke you. Sorry if it seemed that way.

Cosmos

Noob
I'm not entirely sure eather tbh, I'm just not ready to throw it in the trash just yet.
I'm not trying to provoke you. Sorry if it seemed that way.
No nooo not at all nothing to apolgise for man haha!! It's just from my testing it seems pretty useless so I was just curious as to whether there was a reason you was using it haha :)