What's new

BnB, Max Damage, & Setup Combos Discussion [OLD THREAD. OUT-DATED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Anyone else having troubles landing the trait U3 combo in the corner? I get 2-3 volleys then she does the U3 in the wrong direction LOL ... it's actually starting to piss me off.
Yes, you have to delay it a bit it's annoying. I can usually time it fine offline, but online I will drop it a lot due to it flipping directions.

RiBBz22

@ all KF mains. Do you guys ever do a delayed empty neutral jump after the MB grab in order to catch your opponent off guard and go into 50-50 off it? I don't really do it so much now (maybe like once or twice in say a FT 10 set or something). Since they have to guess at the end of the standing reset anyways, am I just over-thinking things?

GGA 16 Bit
Konqrr

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
@ all KF mains. Do you guys ever do a delayed empty neutral jump after the MB grab in order to catch your opponent off guard and go into 50-50 off it? I don't really do it so much now (maybe like once or twice in say a FT 10 set or something). Since they have to guess at the end of the standing reset anyways, am I just over-thinking things?

GGA 16 Bit
Konqrr
I used to do that, but now I build my trait bar in lieu of the jump... they know it's coming but still too good lol

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I've found that 22 is really great in footsies to hit confirm to slide when standing 1 won't reach (Grundy matchup).

111~4 is pretty much a free throw attempt, even midscreen.

111 after blocking a jump-in that is negative on block (ie: batman J2) and hella easy to hit confirm to slide for full combo. Don't try to anti air moves like Batman J2 when you can just block it and pressure him for free after. Use it like Sektor's standing 1 as it is 6 frames.

Batman with bats out gets a FULL COMBO punish on blocked slide by releasing the bats before KF recovers.
Been in practice trying to see if ANY move will come out after a blocked Batman J2, let alone 111, will no avail. All his strings just continue after the block. I'm guessing you mean blocking his J2 AND whatever string he does? Also, how about a blocked J2 followed by another jumping J2 for those online Batmans who hop all around the place for free cross ups?

Rancour

Noob
What is a good combo off of B1U3? thanks
I honestly never do this, if I do b1, I do b1 xx slide.
I'm doesnt really understand why. Just cuz b1u3 is -6 and slide is -4? Most characters cant punish -6 aswell but b1u3 have a more damage combo.
b1u3 u3 3 slide u3 22 iceberg = 40%
also you can add MB on iceberg and do b3 iceberg/slide/MB command throw or if you want to vortex with one bar:
b1u3 u3 3 slide 22 command grab mb reset = its like ~32%, and what you get from slide? And this combos is very easy, and its works after f3 too (exclude b3 i mean)

RiBBz22

I'm doesnt really understand why. Just cuz b1u3 is -6 and slide is -4? Most characters cant punish -6 aswell but b1u3 have a more damage combo.
b1u3 u3 3 slide u3 22 iceberg = 40%
also you can add MB on iceberg and do b3 iceberg/slide/MB command throw or if you want to vortex with one bar:
b1u3 u3 3 slide 22 command grab mb reset = its like ~32%, and what you get from slide? And this combos is very easy, and its works after f3 too (exclude b3 i mean)
How long do you have to hit confirm b1u3 into u3? My fear would be that you might through out un-needed u3's and get punished where as the risk reward with slide is much less and it is easy to hit confirm into the rest of the combo on hit.

Rancour

Noob
How long do you have to hit confirm b1u3 into u3?
I do it each time, 2 hit combo for hitconfirm when you decide to do u3 or not to do is hard? BTW i'm not playing online but offline its easy. If you cant do it - just practice for 1-2 hour and do it 100%. If you want to do it of course...

Beck__

Old English Fighter
Only just started to look at KF, thanks for the great info on this forum!

When you talk about the 50/50, I know F3 is a definite. Wondered for the low if ppl are using B1 xx slide rather then raw slide. I believe B1 is a few frames quicker then slide.

RiBBz22

Only just started to look at KF, thanks for the great info on this forum!

When you talk about the 50/50, I know F3 is a definite. Wondered for the low if ppl are using B1 xx slide rather then raw slide. I believe B1 is a few frames quicker then slide.
I think the frame data is incorrect and the slide is actually faster. But yes some people use the b1 slide. I like to mix it up because some people will block low anticipating the slide and sometimes get hit because they release block early when I switch to b1 slide.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Slide is most likely 15 frames. Dizzy and I went through and looked at what it can and cannot punish point blank to find out.

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
lately ive been doing meterless combos ending in frozen daggers to set up opportunities to charge trait. So whatever starter into slide, u3 u3 2,2 frozen daggers to send them fullscreen and allows almost half her trait bar full. Now i know going for the standing reset is the optimal choice but i like to have other options as well and find myself sometimes not even setting up opportunities to charge. The damage you can get without a jumpin 2 is 40% using f113, slide, u3, u3, 2 2 frozen daggers and 43% with a jump in 2. Thoughts?

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
Ji-2 ' F1-13 xx BD3 ' U3 ' U3 ' F1-12 xx DB2 EX ' B3 ' BF1 (49% Damage)

(Trait Active) Ji-2 ' 1133 xx BD3 ' U3 ' U3 ' 22 xx DBF2 EX ' B3 ' Ji-3 ' F1-13 xx DB2 (47% Damage)

(Trait Active) BD3 ' U3 ' U3 ' U3 ' U3 ' U3 ' U3 ' U3 ' 22 xx DBF2 EX ' B3 ' Ji-3 (62% Damage)

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
i'm having trouble landing 22 XX DBF2. Do you guys input each motion of dbf2 or can you do a inward circle. I have been trying half circle back forward to get it. I play on pad.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
i'm having trouble landing 22 XX DBF2. Do you guys input each motion of dbf2 or can you do a inward circle. I have been trying half circle back forward to get it. I play on pad.
I'm on MK controls, so I input each button. Just make sure you input it pretty fast, without 'slurring' your inputs, so to speak. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.