What's new

Blue Beetle Match Footage

My thoughts,

LMAO when you did 11 jump over, reading his first interruption attempt of that string.

Holy crap, he blocked b23... I cant even.....

If you hit confirm say.... 111 and have no meter... I THINK bf3 is more optimal dmg than df1..... also probably a safer thing to do after poking with a d1 or having a 11 blocked..... of course, it does not have as much combo potential either.

while I love the df1 mb dash under gimmick, i think it may be over used.... I'd also mix it up with the d2 f2 in trait stance after that starter, a jump over 3 will be an optional cross up after, depending on when you hit 3. And unlike your fly cancel set up, I think its a little more ambiguous even when you know its coming (just refering to the moments after df1mb)..... And when you put them in the corner with df1mb, I think you could have done a more optimal combo than that set up...

and.... there was a moment you coulda gone for b3 transition rather than allowing clash.... but otherwise, you're still better than me LOL

Sesal Snow

Exorcist, Demonologist and Master of the Dark Arts
My thoughts,

LMAO when you did 11 jump over, reading his first interruption attempt of that string.

Holy crap, he blocked b23... I cant even.....

If you hit confirm say.... 111 and have no meter... I THINK bf3 is more optimal dmg than df1..... also probably a safer thing to do after poking with a d1 or having a 11 blocked..... of course, it does not have as much combo potential either.

while I love the df1 mb dash under gimmick, i think it may be over used.... I'd also mix it up with the d2 f2 in trait stance after that starter, a jump over 3 will be an optional cross up after, depending on when you hit 3. And unlike your fly cancel set up, I think its a little more ambiguous even when you know its coming (just refering to the moments after df1mb)..... And when you put them in the corner with df1mb, I think 33 111 is the best ender combo, with your choice of special attack tacked on to the end.

and.... there was a moment you coulda gone for b3 transition rather than allowing clash.... but otherwise, you're still better than me LOL
Only reason I do df1 on a meter-less hit confirm is because I like landing a little closer to the opponent.
These games are really so that Kotally can get the hang of the mu. I was his first Beetle.
I said to him before hand and during the set that I am going to keep doing the gimmicky set ups so you can learn where and when to block them.
If this was a more serious set I would not rush down nearly as much and would definitely play a lot more footsie based as you are supposed to.

That makes a lot of sense :)

I still saw you poke with df1 after strings that were not hit confirmed.... but I do the same damn thing.... but usually only after an OH

Espio

Kokomo
It's been a while since I posted so this is gonna be a huge deposit of matches featuring Captain Cold, Superman, Scarecrow, Wonder Woman, Cheetah, Blue Beetle mirrors!
Wowo Part 1
Wowo Part 2

Crow Part 1

Crow Part 2

Cheetah part 1
Cheetah Part 2

Superman

Captain Cold

Wonder Woman/Vixen against Psidude

Vixen and Blue Beetle Mirrors!

Last edited:
@Espio df1mb into the corner.... its super easy to consistently land 33 111 rather than just a 111.... Any particular reason you don't? You instead do a shimmy forward before the 111

Espio

Kokomo
Huge footage dump incoming again:

Jonnitti with Firestorm

Part 2

Bacon Lord- Poison Ivy

Mid Tier Harley's Scarecrow

Error with Sub-Zero

Part 2

Harold's Starfire

Perez Gomez with Bane And Cheetah

HeroesNZ Starfire

Part 2

Very short FT3 with Mid Tier Harley's Green Lantern at the end

Indecisive with Captain Cold

Steven_A/Sangre Brainiac

@Tony at Home Supergirl <3

Some Grodd/beetle action (mostly beetle) vs Dseid & Bman

I missed recording the oh low block that had me scream into my headset. There was one I blocked that I swear was a 1 frame oh/low. Either way, I was pretty proud of my defense in these MU's.... My offense was meh at first, but my later matches beetle vs dseid were pretty good.

AkioOf100

I play Raph
I participated in the most recent ESL Community Cup with Beetle. Stopped at 9th place because of some low profiling stuff with Canary + hitboxes + I suck at the game. c: So. Here ya go! :D

Sesal Snow

Exorcist, Demonologist and Master of the Dark Arts
I participated in the most recent ESL Community Cup with Beetle. Stopped at 9th place because of some low profiling stuff with Canary + hitboxes + I suck at the game. c: So. Here ya go! :D
Some nice gameplay man.
Can't believe people did not react to the jump over after the 13 fc everyone I play reacts instantly to that I have to condition people if I even want to try any of those sexy Beetle gimmicks.
Either way its nice to see more people playing Beetle now that people are finally realizing that he's a good char.
Good stuff my man.

AkioOf100

I play Raph
Some nice gameplay man.
Can't believe people did not react to the jump over after the 13 fc everyone I play reacts instantly to that I have to condition people if I even want to try any of those sexy Beetle gimmicks.
Either way its nice to see more people playing Beetle now that people are finally realizing that he's a good char.
Good stuff my man.
Thanks man! A lot of people sorta get conditioned to just neutral duck it eventually but that's when I just start instant canceling and d2 and punishing for a full combo. Like a lot of mix-ups in this game, it is a gimick, but technically not one since it works xD.

And it kinda is really hard to react to on hit, because the hit stun doesn't allow a backdash so they have to deal with the 50/50 left or right.