What's new

Blue Beetle Match Footage

Dr4che

i will fix the bug ;)
Some casuals I played with EMPEROR Canei's Aquaman
Still strongly believe this match up is 5/5.
The life lead is super important as you will see in this set.

i would say the matchup is in aquamans favor. it comes down to if aquaman knows the matchup. you did very well. my most hated matches are vs superman and fishman.

Sesal Snow

Exorcist, Demonologist and Master of the Dark Arts
i would say the matchup is in aquamans favor. it comes down to if aquaman knows the matchup. you did very well. my most hated matches are vs superman and fishman.
I strongly believe that the Aquaman and Superman match up is 5/5.
Beetle can still zone in this matchup he can still get in for his pressure and 50/50's.
The only thing those two characters beat Beetle in is the damage. Other than that I have had no problems with these matchups.

Dr4che

i will fix the bug ;)
I strongly believe that the Aquaman and Superman match up is 5/5.
Beetle can still zone in this matchup he can still get in for his pressure and 50/50's.
The only thing those two characters beat Beetle in is the damage. Other than that I have had no problems with these matchups.
the thing is if u play calm as sup or aquaman beetle has a real hard time to open u up .... Beetle has to play way more riskier to get life lead. Especially sup can out space u and his pressure is way better....
so sup has better pressure, more dmg, overall safer options theres no way the matchup is even. I dont have problems beating sups that try to rush... The problem i have is when they play calm and make use of their footsie tools.

and the thing why i see aqua has the upper hand is basically the same thing he doesnt have to pressure u in the first place. The Am you fought didnt even duck ur projectiles oO.And with trait ready he could not just break ur combo he can even full combo punish it for like 25% more dmg u would have done. If people start to lab beetle we will have a way harder time.
but i will still stick ro BB just way toooooo much fun . And the Feeling if u win vs am,ba or ds is just epic

Last edited:

Sesal Snow

the thing is if u play calm as sup or aquaman beetle has a real hard time to open u up .... Beetle has to play way more riskier to get life lead. Especially sup can out space u and his pressure is way better....
so sup has better pressure, more dmg, overall safer options theres no way the matchup is even. I dont have problems beating sups that try to rush... The problem i have is when they play calm and make use of their footsie tools.

and the thing why i see aqua has the upper hand is basically the same thing he doesnt have to pressure u in the first place. The Am you fought didnt even duck ur projectiles oO.And with trait ready he could not just break ur combo he can even full combo punish it for like 25% more dmg u would have done. If people start to lab beetle we will have a way harder time.
but i will still stick ro BB just way toooooo much fun . And the Feeling if u win vs am,ba or ds is just epic
1 option you have in those matchups is pushblock which you will always have access to with beetle because his meter build is amazing. Another thing is why are you trying to go in on supes and aquaman? you can easily keep them at bay with your flight and zoning.
If Supes breath on block you can challenge his follow up with 111 if he does anything but d1 you beat him for a full combo. Also you can easily out zone Superman's laser's, he cannot challenge your grounded zoning and in the air you just have to wait for his laser and then use your air projectile. If the Superman delays you can just flight cancel and jump the delayed air laser.
Aquaman is the matchup I have played most against many different Aquaman mains and its the same story every time. The person whom gets the life lead first is the one that can establish their zoning first. I always have pushblock to stop his trident rush also.
Pushblock is super important in both matchups I really don't see the problems people are having yes Beetle has to try a little hard but does this mean he does not have the tools to deal with them the same as they have to deal with you? No.

Dr4che

i will fix the bug ;)
1 option you have in those matchups is pushblock which you will always have access to with beetle because his meter build is amazing. Another thing is why are you trying to go in on supes and aquaman? you can easily keep them at bay with your flight and zoning.
If Supes breath on block you can challenge his follow up with 111 if he does anything but d1 you beat him for a full combo. Also you can easily out zone Superman's laser's, he cannot challenge your grounded zoning and in the air you just have to wait for his laser and then use your air projectile. If the Superman delays you can just flight cancel and jump the delayed air laser.
Aquaman is the matchup I have played most against many different Aquaman mains and its the same story every time. The person whom gets the life lead first is the one that can establish their zoning first. I always have pushblock to stop his trident rush also.
Pushblock is super important in both matchups I really don't see the problems people are having yes Beetle has to try a little hard but does this mean he does not have the tools to deal with them the same as they have to deal with you? No.
i don't say he has no chance against those characters. And to think u can outzone sup is ehhh a bit dreaming beetles projectile is still hitting high only so no pressure herr and if u go airborn just walk backwards if beetle shoots he is minus allowing for counter zone or go in if bettle trys to get pressure goin am d2 will beat hin. Also against flight punish with mb roll d2. Bbs zoning is good but its not better than sup or am. He can win those matchups but he has to work harder than them and thats why i say the matchupis not 5/5. If u fight someone equally skilled u would loose a zoning game just becouse chip. So you need to be abit tricky play mindgames bait sth out etc... So beetle has to work out a way around those strong meta chars..... Dont get me wrong no crying here i exactly like that about beetle but to say 5/5 against am and sup is a bit too much upplay for our little bug

Last edited:

Sesal Snow

i don't say he has no chance against those characters. And to think u can outzone sup is ehhh a bit dreaming beetles projectile is still hitting high only so no pressure herr and if u go airborn just walk backwards if beetle shoots he is minus allowing for counter zone or go in if bettle trys to get pressure goin am d2 will beat hin. Also against flight punish with mb roll d2. Bbs zoning is good but its not better than sup or am. He can win those matchups but he has to work harder than them and thats why i say the matchupis not 5/5. If u fight someone equally skilled u would loose a zoning game just becouse chip. So you need to be abit tricky play mindgames bait sth out etc... So beetle has to work out a way around those strong meta chars..... Dont get me wrong no crying here i exactly like that about beetle but to say 5/5 against am and sup is a bit too much upplay for our little bug
The fast recovery and fast startup on the projectile means you beat Supermans ground zoning easy. His air lasers are the one you have to wait for him to do before you can shoot your projectile. a 4/6 matchup would mean that the other character has a significant advantage which they do not this is the only reason I believe that the matchup is 5/5.
I am pretty sure a lot of other Beetle players agree.
I would love to hear the counter argument some more though.
Thanks for the posts.

Dr4che

i will fix the bug ;)
The fast recovery and fast startup on the projectile means you beat Supermans ground zoning easy. His air lasers are the one you have to wait for him to do before you can shoot your projectile. a 4/6 matchup would mean that the other character has a significant advantage which they do not this is the only reason I believe that the matchup is 5/5.
I am pretty sure a lot of other Beetle players agree.
I would love to hear the counter argument some more though.
Thanks for the posts.
well okay i guess ur just use other criterias for matchups then me. I see it like that zoning wise neither beetle or sup have advantage. Combo dmg and neutral game especially safe pressure game goes to sup. Thats why i feel the matchup overall is in sups favor he doesnt have to react to stuff as much as blue beetle has to so he can play more calm and safe. But everyone has his own opinion and sight on things. I just wish beetle would have sth safe and not situational that leads to advantage. 1 into b2 works often but a lot of people mash d1/2 vs beetle when they see his 111

Sesal Snow

well okay i guess ur just use other criterias for matchups then me. I see it like that zoning wise neither beetle or sup have advantage. Combo dmg and neutral game especially safe pressure game goes to sup. Thats why i feel the matchup overall is in sups favor he doesnt have to react to stuff as much as blue beetle has to so he can play more calm and safe. But everyone has his own opinion and sight on things. I just wish beetle would have sth safe and not situational that leads to advantage. 1 into b2 works often but a lot of people mash d1/2 vs beetle when they see his 111
Beetle is not really a pressure character. He really relies on whiff punishing a lot. This is huge in the Superman matchup especially with Beetles lovely galloping backdash. I can't count how many time I have back dashed a Superman trying to come in with f23 and then been able to low profile d3 it or backdash. Also with Beetle you will have to confirm your hits into combo and blocked strings into shield bash.

Dr4che

i will fix the bug ;)
Beetle is not really a pressure character. He really relies on whiff punishing a lot. This is huge in the Superman matchup especially with Beetles lovely galloping backdash. I can't count how many time I have back dashed a Superman trying to come in with f23 and then been able to low profile d3 it or backdash. Also with Beetle you will have to confirm your hits into combo and blocked strings into shield bash.
bb is not a whiffpunisher he gets nothing then a sweep out of a whiff. Maybe a f2 in combo but f2 is pretty slow. Bb in my opinion is more a jack of all trades with exceptionel good mobility. And why should superman whiff a f2 in the first place btw ? Sups confirm the 3 so if u bd his f2 u are longer in recovery then him. Bb flight cancel pressure isnt that bad esp when u train ur Opponent and mix it up. 13db2 d1 33bf3 is a blockstring on nearly the whole cast. If the respect it u can start pressure mixups or sneak throws in air jump back into ex canon etc.... Thats how i play bb. There is no right or wrong maybe thats why i struggle a bit in those matchups and u dont. I just have anther kind of playstyle. And in the end it all comes down to the players and not the tier list

Last edited:

Sesal Snow

bb is not a whiffpunisher he gets nothing then a sweep out of a whiff. Maybe a f2 in combo but f2 is pretty slow. Bb in my opinion is more a jack of all trades with exceptionel good mobility. And why should superman whiff a f2 in the first place btw ? Sups confirm the 3 so if u bd his f2 u are longer in recovery then him. Bb flight cancel pressure isnt that bad esp when u train ur Opponent and mix it up. 13db2 d1 33bf3 is a blockstring on nearly the whole cast. If the respect it u can start pressure mixups or sneak throws in air jump back into ex canon etc.... Thats how i play bb. There is no right or wrong maybe thats why i struggle a bit in those matchups and u dont. I just have anther kind of playstyle. And in the end it all comes down to the players and not the tier list
This is true all us Beetle brethren play the character differently so depending on our styles at the end of the day we will have different results.
I have enjoyed your input man good stuff.

He will whiff f2 off of blocking a shield slam, if you just block back. And I would say bb has the spacing advantage vs supes. Aquaman is a little more contestable.

Dr4che

i will fix the bug ;)
He will whiff f2 off of blocking a shield slam, if you just block back. And I would say bb has the spacing advantage vs supes. Aquaman is a little more contestable.
again why would sup f2 after u bash. bbs footsie is f2 thats way to slow and Telegraphed and his bash. after bash u get nothing and on block u just reset the neutral. dont see any adv for bb if sup makes a read nearly half of ur hp is away. while u have to either jump in for dmg or somehow hope u can get lifelead in zoning where sup and beetle perform even. bb has to risk more than sup has to and gets less dmg for mor risk. if u meet a half good sup he will wait until u try to airprojectile and then its one mb roll and he gets a free combo. same with sup but beetle just hasnt the dmg and the airborn combos.

if u see beetle airdash just air to air him try the same with sup.

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
This is a set with a very cool Flash player I got the pleasure of meeting/playing at CEO. Not saying I played it godlike or anything, but this is the general idea of how I play the Flash

Part 1

Part 2

I have 2 old sets that I found recordings for (already posted in the discord)
I might have improved since, but I still think the scarecrow/darkseid I play in each, are both pretty darn good.

(theres a bit of a lag spike on the second round vs scarecrow, but its fine after that)

i finally get beter fighting darkseid. i damn love BB more n more. i just hope they will remove the 111 gap. its a high and beetle has nothing good plus on block. 21 is sadly way to slow.

however heres the match
DUDE! The wall combo at 1:36 is siiiiiiiiiiiick.... I tried it...I failed.... also fun to listen to in german.... german? right..... lol

Dr4che

i will fix the bug ;)
DUDE! The wall combo at 1:36 is siiiiiiiiiiiick.... I tried it...I failed.... also fun to listen to in german.... german? right..... lol
jeah german but i already switched it to eng the voice acting is good especially joker but a lot of the jokes are lost in translation.

Espio

Kokomo
Versus Wonder Weave- This match up is actually pretty straight forward in my opinion. A lot of people talk about her simply parrying zoning and what not, but it's much deeper than that. In an offline environment at several ranges a whiffed parry is punishable by projectile.

Shield toss is punishable by shield slam and she has quite a few strings with gaps that can be interrupted with armor or back dash.

Even though I won most matches ,there's some punishes and stuff I'm not doing optimally at the current time.

Other notes: fly back is your friend and knowing the spacing of shield allows you to zone while avoiding chip from shield tosses.

Overall fun match up based around solid play and mixing up your footsies. Her overhead is the primary ranged concern as her low is pretty unsafe and the rest of her strings seem to just be just mids that are negative or have gaps.

Dr4che

i will fix the bug ;)
wonder woman has suffered a lot compared to injustice i think bb definately has the upper hand in that matchup. i think i have my matchups labbed now. I only have problems with catwoman and her stupid j2, good deadshits and solid superman players

Dr4che

i will fix the bug ;)
against catwoman i started to use bladestance and do a lot better u can aa her j2 without so much risk

So I know this isn't match footage, but did y'all know that his flight cancels on hit scale his combos severely unless it's meterless?
I was just practicing and if I do a forward 3 bounce cancel off of 111 I would get 464, but once I added one flight cancel I got 410, and two flight cancels gave me like 380. Just something to throw out, idk if bb's know this or not

Sesal Snow

So I know this isn't match footage, but did y'all know that his flight cancels on hit scale his combos severely unless it's meterless?
I was just practicing and if I do a forward 3 bounce cancel off of 111 I would get 464, but once I added one flight cancel I got 410, and two flight cancels gave me like 380. Just something to throw out, idk if bb's know this or not
Yeah this is pretty well known.
Only reason people would add more flight cancels to a combo would be for the meter build.

Espio

Kokomo
Versus my first ever Gorilla Grodd. The connection was pretty spiky but Omega K is really good. His giant hit box when he leaps is pretty easy to blow up I feel and his post blocked shield bash game seems pretty weak. His trait helps him a lot since he covers such crazy range with his air explosion.

Scarecrow