What's new

Blind speculation! Which variations look like poopoo??

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
I'm going to jump aboard the Spectral Ermac bashing. This variation will be WRECKED by:

Anyone with an IAP
Anyone with an OH teleport
Anyone with a vertical projectile
Anyone with a Dive Kick

So that is:

Every Kenshi variation
Every Liu Kang variation
Every Mileena variation
Every Kung Lao variation
Half of Kung Jin variations
Scorpion.....

Anyone seeing a trend here?

Also invisible Reptile is laughibly stupid.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
The only way I see Spectral Ermac being useful is if you can instantly cancel the levitation kinda like how Sindel did in MK9.

I'm going to jump aboard the Spectral Ermac bashing. This variation will be WRECKED by:

Anyone with an IAP
Anyone with a Dive Kick

So that is:

Every Kenshi variation
Every Liu Kang variation
Every Mileena variation
Every Kung Lao variation
Scorpion.....

dont forget spectral ermac can also vanish whenever he wants. obviously characters with good air control seem not to be his favoured matchups, but baiting an air teleport with hover, then vanish to make it whiff and drop to punish sounds pretty hype to me.

MK Led

Umbasa
dont forget spectral ermac can also vanish whenever he wants. obviously characters with good air control seem not to be his favoured matchups, but baiting an air teleport with hover, then vanish to make it whiff and drop to punish sounds pretty hype to me.
The vanish was actually another variation, master of souls I think?

Slymind

Noob
I think that there is more to some variations that was showed, and some characters i must say were not showcased/explained properly(Paulo for instance didn't show the Kang's parries in flame fist), despite the special moves, some normals are tweaked as well, and there some differences like, Cage being able to mb the nutcracker on hit on one of the variations, rather than comitting it right away. With that being said.

Mournful Kitana dissapointed me, i cannot believe they didn't gave her staff based normals.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Wow out is a Master of Souls tool. Now that variation looks great.

Spectral on the other hand is going to be destroyed... mark my words.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
i never understood why they put invisibility in 2D fighting games. not like it's gonna fool anyone or anything
Invisibility completely removes the ability to see your opponent. You can't tell exactly where they are, so it's harder to space out your normals against theirs, and you cannot visually see what normal they may be throwing out. You don't know if they're ducking. If taken advantage of properly, invisibility is actually super fucked up. Even the camouflage that we've seen recently can make it hard to see exactly what is going on. That's why when you see players go invisible, their opponent will appear to panic and do something predictable such as a wakeup option as soon as they see invisibility. That loss of visibility is huge in fighting games.

It's a lot easier to deal with now, compared to the classic MKs, due to how much the camera pans depending on positioning. But back in UMK3, Reptile and Robot Smoke were top tier partially due to invisibility, and tbh, I'd imagine Reptile could have flourished more in MK9 if the players had really mastered using invisibility.

Anyone with an IAP
Anyone with a Dive Kick

So that is:

Every Kenshi variation
Every Liu Kang variation
Every Mileena variation
Every Kung Lao variation
Scorpion.....

Raiden superman

DanCock

Cock Master!!
There's all so many variations we want to play, but which variations do you look at and think " that looks shitty"

For me:

1: spectral ermac: wtf is ermac gonna do flying around like a retard???is there something we don't know?? He doesn't have mace charge or mace throw. I can't see any1 liking this over the other 2, and when I see sigs with spectral ermac my noobdar begins to sound off on alert.
a sindel main from mk9 knows what to do with this stance.. i have already been dreaming up stuff. he has better moves then sindel.. so stuff like d,d,u, land into one of his specials is one thing. d,d,u into that charge move, we dont know if he has to be fully airborne to perform it but, something tells me he doesnt have to be in full flight.

combo string, flight cancel into 50/50 mix up. sindel didnt really have any good mix ups, we know he will.. the moment i saw it i got boner..

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
The problem with even comfortably guessing on a topic like this is that we don't know anything about strings and corresponding frame data . . . for anyone.

Bi-on-iC

I'm innocent, I mean..not guilty.
I don't like making speculations before the game comes out. But I can't help but being sure that Spectral Ermac will be useless as shit.

a sindel main from mk9 knows what to do with this stance.. i have already been dreaming up stuff. he has better moves then sindel.. so stuff like d,d,u, land into one of his specials is one thing. d,d,u into that charge move, we dont know if he has to be fully airborne to perform it but, something tells me he doesnt have to be in full flight.

combo string, flight cancel into 50/50 mix up. sindel didnt really have any good mix ups, we know he will.. the moment i saw it i got boner..
Can he Levi cancel pressure??

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I've said since day one as an Ermac player, Spectral Ermac looks horrible. Leaves him in a more vulnerable state, lack of options and unsafe IMO from what I've seen. I already know it'll be the least used Ermac variation.

Master of Storms Raiden, also agree that while it may not be "useless" it's the most technical and probably due to the work you'll have to do with trapping set ups nobody is going to want to be bothered with that, it'll be the least used for Raiden.

I think Kitana's mournful IMO looks the weakest in her line up, may not be useless I was curious about it just doesn't seem to offer as much as the other two styles with her.

Sonya's counter variation, the parry one IDK seems kind of risky.

Brawler Cassie, just lacks options compared to her other two.

Reptile's Nimble, Ok I'm the opposite of most here but I actually find deceptive more useful IMO. When I used Smoke in MK 9 I always turned invisible every chance I got, why be visible when you can be invisible with shitload of mix ups? It's a valid move in that variation, use it lol. I'm not sold on that Flash shit...people act like it's going to dominate, I don't see it. IDK I just don't see this variation being used that much as some people think. It's not exactly like Flash since he has other moves to work with. Seems like he puts himself at risk when he detonates the move. I don't see it being used much. We all know his Noxious is going to be used the most due to the "toxic gas" around him...combined with rushdown pressure that's going to be annoying as fuck to deal with.

Kotal Kahn's War God, (I think that's it) the one with the totems, I just don't see people setting those up when the other two variations offer more. It's another one of those technical and very tactical styles people will have to use set ups with, most won't want to invest the time.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I can't think of a single character who could go completely invisible that actually had reliable tournament performance, in any game or series. Just throwing that out there. That's probably more to do with their lack of other tools, but by the same token, are Reptile players going to want to lose raw damage potential for shenanigans?

On the Spectral Ermac note, there have been plenty of very dangerous characters with flight, though. My biggest worry for him would be whether that's as useful in a game without side-to-side mixup, and this goes double for Ethereal Mileena.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Can he Levi cancel pressure??
we dont know yet but im sure he will.. we did see him do a flight, cancel it into moves instantly.

also dont forget he has attacks in the air, one is his over head NJP one, react properly he can just punch your teleport out of the air.

im telling you people this will not be a shitty stance. he has another move in the air with this stance, its not a fireball but its his air d,b 1 move from MK9. lets not forget he can teleport himself. you teleport, i teleport lol his levitation is everything i wanted sindels to be..

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm with Dan on Spectral. You guys are thinking too much on using the flight on its own and not in relation to other tactics, such as pressure. I think that will be his straight up rushdown variation. It's a sleeper.

None of the variations thus far look like they have no use. All of them look very viable in some way or another.

I'm with Dan on Spectral. You guys are thinking too much on using the flight on its own and not in relation to other tactics, such as pressure. I think that will be his straight up rushdown variation. It's a sleeper.

None of the variations thus far look like they have no use. All of them look very viable in some way or another.
Bahaha far too optimistic