What's new

Blind speculation! Which variations look like poopoo??

There's all so many variations we want to play, but which variations do you look at and think " that looks shitty"

For me:

1: spectral ermac: wtf is ermac gonna do flying around like a retard???is there something we don't know?? He doesn't have mace charge or mace throw. I can't see any1 liking this over the other 2, and when I see sigs with spectral ermac my noobdar begins to sound off on alert.

2: raiden Thunder god: Lightning combos?? Over teleport and/or crazy orb traps that also might suck?? No spank you

3: stealth reptile, yeah that's gonna be better than noxious or broken flash trait my ass.

4. Cage a-list, I just don't see it being worth it unless he has ndcs. I might I could see canceling a flash kick for mindyames but not as useful as stunt double or cuffs.

5. Ravenous mileena just didn't look great

Parry variations..plenty of others look weaker

I think a lot of these "poopoo" variations will come in vary handy with certain match ups the other variations of each character might have. Maybe not be the best overall variation, but they will have a purpose
What spectral ermacs gonna try to run out the clock on cage?? I just don't see it. I would never use Thunder God from what I have seen over the other two. Same with invis rep.

i could imagine spectral ermac doing well against lackey ferra or in general characters who have no option but getting in.
for raiden, displacer might do good damage, but you have to rely on counter teleports to open your opponent up. maybe thunder god has more blockstun or charge- and cancleable moves.

i could imagine spectral ermac doing well against lackey ferra or in general characters who have no option but getting in.
for raiden, displacer might do good damage, but you have to rely on counter teleports to open your opponent up. maybe thunder god has more blockstun or charge- and cancleable moves.
The only way I see thunder God being good, is if it makes his normals extremely good in comparison to the others. The other two have such better utility

I have my theories also, but wouldn't spectral or master of souls be even better for keepaway?? Unless spectral is literally so stupid you can fly around the entire 90 seconds and win.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Sonya's parry variation. Even under controlled circumstances they couldn't get her parries to work, and when they did it resulted in 10% damage and a hard(?) knockdown.

I have my theories also, but wouldn't spectral or master of souls be even better for keepaway?? Unless spectral is literally so stupid you can fly around the entire 90 seconds and win.
i dunno. maybe if the opponent has armor, because ermac only has single hits?

Sonya's parry variation. Even under controlled circumstances they couldn't get her parries to work, and when they did it resulted in 10% damage and a hard(?) knockdown.
I'm not sure if military stance was exclusive to it or not, if cross variation, than not in a million years would I want it over the other two

It adds lightning shooting out of a guys hands. If you don't think that's awesome I advise you to reassess your priorities in life. It probably won't be as powerful as Displacer but that doesn't stop it looking amazing.
All the combos in that variation looked + on block that shits gonna be scary!

Ferra/Torr's Ruthless - that better be one hell of a damage boost to be worth the health lost AND the loss of utility from the other variations.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Interesting thread. Expect blowups if we're all wrong. I'll take the risk.

1- Warlock Quan Chi. I mean are we serious here? I have yet to see a single reason why this variation would ever be played over Sorceror/Summoner unless someone just wanted to be different. It offers nothing better than the other two. Variation for the casuals to look cool.

2- Spectral Ermac. Unless he has Magneto-esque cancel pressure I'm calling it massively inferior to the other two.

3- Deceptive Reptile. Reptile fans stop lying. You know damn well you aren't using an invisibility ability over constant DoT or Flash Trait. I don't believe you. Liars.

4- Brawler Cassie. This one flys under the radar. The air grab is cool, but the rest? A blockable command grab? A "MMA grab" that does an extra 1%? Why anyone would use this over Spec Ops or Hollywood is beyond me, and as the game grows Brawler will die.

Those 4 seem to stand out the most to me. Time will tell.

*If I'm wrong have mercy on the blowup.