What's new

Blind speculation! Which variations look like poopoo??

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
If there's a burden of proof to say that he has plus strings, there's a burden to say that he looks like 'poopoo'. Both claims require validation, but in a 'blind speculation' thread I would have thought we can dispense with that. For instance, everyone's shitting on Spectral Ermac. What if his fly is 1 frame start up and armoured? When we're blindly speculating, calling for proof seems hypocritical

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
I know this is meant to be a joke thread...but doesn't Spectral Ermac allow for aerial wiff punishes? And he has command specials in flight.

If there's a burden of proof to say that he has plus strings, there's a burden to say that he looks like 'poopoo'. Both claims require validation, but in a 'blind speculation' thread I would have thought we can dispense with that. For instance, everyone's shitting on Spectral Ermac. What if his fly is 1 frame start up and armoured? When we're blindly speculating, calling for proof seems hypocritical
Well, from what we have seen from the tools nrs has showed I am making these claims, a lot different then claiming he has tons of plus strings. At that point we can poop anything out of our mouths.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
How do you play footsies when you can't see your exact position either(hint: you don't). Invis has always been a garbage move, nothing will change in this edition.
You wait for them to attempt to hit you and when they whiff because they dont know where you are you elbow dash their shit
Thank you. Every thing the opponent will do will be on read and if they're scared they'll be forced to commit to blocking in which case you get free pressure. And if you can do the force ball hold while invisible that'll help a lot.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Well, from what we have seen from the tools nrs has showed I am making these claims, a lot different then claiming he has tons of plus strings. At that point we can poop anything out of our mouths.
Well that's all we are doing, just 'pooping out of our mouths'. For all we know, some of the variants mentioned here will be more than viable and actually dominate. We've no idea as how anything will actually play out so asking for proof at all just doesn't work

Well that's all we are doing, just 'pooping out of our mouths'. For all we know, some of the variants mentioned here will be more than viable and actually dominate. We've no idea as how anything will actually play out so asking for proof at all just doesn't work
Example, I know raiden's tp is great for escapability and counterzoning, I can see his lightning traps being great for controlling space. Nrs tells me thunder God "has lightning komboz". Unless he becomes some godlike rush down beast with tons of new normals, it adds almost nothing practical. It doesn't enhance his mobility or footsies as far I can see. If it just adds damage then whoopie. It appears weaker. Raiden with just a projectile and superman is very limited. If he already has solid normals then the other 2 appear much stronger. It's way different from claiming he is plus on block.

RiverHB

Noob
Sonya's parry variation. Even under controlled circumstances they couldn't get her parries to work, and when they did it resulted in 10% damage and a hard(?) knockdown.
Yes it was a little disturbing when she appeared to get knocked out of it several times. However, she has options on how to leave the opponent, including leaving them standing. Whether or not she's + is a mystery but that could be very useful. Still, the Military Stance is in this variation and time will tell if it has similar utility as MK9, where it was amazing.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Example, I know raiden's tp is great for escapability and counterzoning, I can see his lightning traps being great for controlling space. Nrs tells me thunder God "has lightning komboz". Unless he becomes some godlike rush down beast with tons of new normals, it adds almost nothing practical. It doesn't enhance his mobility or footsies as far I can see. If it just adds damage then whoopie. It appears weaker. Raiden with just a projectile and superman is very limited. If he already has solid normals then the other 2 appear much stronger. It's way different from claiming he is plus on block.
was it ever confirmed that teleport is a universal move... and that it simply enhanced in that one variation?

Ethereal Mileena is gimmicky and the utility pales in comparison to a command grab or low projectile.

Mournful Kitana looks to be fairly weak compared to her other variations, it really just looks like a Jade shoutout.

Finally, as somebody stated previously Brawler Cassie looks to be pretty weak.

MK Led

Umbasa
Many variations have had extra or extended normals that nrs haven't mentioned, at least in what we've seen from shitty youtubers passing over the movelist trying to look for fatality inputs. I have hope for seemingly poopoo variations yet (but brawler Cassie does look pretty balls).