What's new

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Here's the one with me vs a Jin player. Enjoy.

Makoto/Chie is my old team before I switch to Yang.

I only hope that Taokaka will be added in this game. She's my BB waifu. lol

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Yea I don't think pulling these characters from different games is doing them any favors with hit/hurt box stuff, I'm noticing some inconsistencies with Tager combos on certain characters and it's not just a matter of small vs. big hitboxes. But it's a fighting game so there's bound to be some wacky shit with that.
The UNIST characters seem really bad especially, Orie has some weird stuff that goes on too. Only notice it with them.

I picked up the game yesterday because I can't resist Yang and her 'I burn' theme that turns on when your semblance is activated.
Do you have any tips for effective partners for Yang? So far I heard Hakumen because that way you can combo off of Yang's command grab, Yukiko because she can heal Yang back after she gets on low health to activate semblance, Blake because her projectile pulls the enemy closer and ofc Ruby who is a jack of all trades.
So I would argue that Yang is good enough to basically run solo, so you can pair her with anyone. Yukiko is definitely a good choice if you want to go that route, but bear in mind Yukiko isn't great by herself. I'd go Jin or Hakumen personally, but she'd be fine with anyone

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Here's the one with me vs a Jin player. Enjoy.

Makoto/Chie is my old team before I switch to Yang.

I only hope that Taokaka will be added in this game. She's my BB waifu. lol
Cool vid, BUT i will say this....the background music dubbed over the gameplay is VERY distracting, especially since its 23:26 long. I mean, that method would be good for a highlight reel type video, but for full gameplay with full on matches me as the viewer would rather have the actual gameplay sounds in the matches. Otherwise, i wont even look at it fully. Just keeping it all the way live :)

Tanno

Cool vid, BUT i will say this....the background music dubbed over the gameplay is VERY distracting, especially since its 23:26 long. I mean, that method would be good for a highlight reel type video, but for full gameplay with full on matches me as the viewer would rather have the actual gameplay sounds in the matches. Otherwise, i wont even look at it fully. Just keeping it all the way live :)
Had to cover it with music, because the fail part is that I recorded it without sound in PC. I didn't want to bore anyone watching this soundless video. Originally, it was a 1-hour, but I had to cut off the useless parts (chatrooms and discords) and the loading ones to skip these. lol

If you don't like it, you can mute it and watch it in peace. lol

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Had to cover it with music, because the fail part is that I recorded it without sound in PC. I didn't want to bore anyone watching this soundless video. lol

If you don't like it, you can mute it and watch it in peace. lol
OOOOOOOOOOOO! Well THAT makes sense. MAAAN get that shit on the PS4! The netcode is actually really damn good. WAAAAAY better than DBFZ thats for sure.

Tanno

OOOOOOOOOOOO! Well THAT makes sense. MAAAN get that shit on the PS4! The netcode is actually really damn good. WAAAAAY better than DBFZ thats for sure.
Will do once this shit gets a price offer. Asked my buddies to contact me once the price offer starts for the Deluxe Edition (Ultimate Edition for this game).

And I wanna do a comparison between PC and PS4 (unless someone already did it) with the lag issues.

And originally, I make the records soundless, because I want to make some combos (meterless, combos leading to meaty, assist starter combos, etc) and put some music there, that I forgot to enable the shit on in the options for the casual set. Thanks to this set, I found some stuff I wanna try. lol

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
And I noticed Jin's weakness as Makoto. If you have a multihit projectile, like Makoto's orb, it can absorb Jin's Ice Sword projectile and attack back. Some projectiles and AA can deal against him. And Jin's projectile is slow AF. Some projectiles can act as AA at the right angle and distance.

I haven't played against Ruby as to figure out her weakness.

Blake's weakness is that she has no AA tools, so as Yang (or someone else) you can spam air zoning. A good Blake main would do a A2A attack to compensate for her missing AA tools, because her arsenal of weapons control all distances.

BTW, in the Team Sp00ky BBTAG tourney I saw them using Jin/Blake, but nobody noticed their weaknesses. There were a few that used Aegis, Carmine, Ruby, Makoto, Hakumen, and Tager/Wald ( @CrazyFingers ).

Blake is an interesting character for sure. Her gunshots are both + i believe, and both (A and B) are lows no less. Her C gunshot is her YoYo, and it's an over halfscreen, +OB, combo starting projectile with fast-ish startup and a big ass hitbox. Her main normal buttons require tip-hits to work, too close and you get a 'sour' hit, which either misses entirely, or does less damage and allows no followups. Probably worse OB as well, but I cant confirm that just yet.

It's interesting that you're saying her air control is her weakness and she cant AA - I'm not disagreeing at all, I dont have the experience yet to make a call there - its just that I figured some of her specials would work really well as either AAs or A2As - but then again, the speed the game operates at, using a special may be too slow.

EntropicByDesign

EDIT Ive noticed ppl substituting Blake for Ruby in their teams. So more so Blak/Jin combo will be somewhat the new tourny meta.

But Blake DOES have an AA from what Ive been seeing. Its not fast, but its more of a distance attack. I wanna say her Jump Medium where she swings that....whatever fucking whip weapon that is. But she has it because Ive seen it used to extend her combos.

Haven't really seen a Makoto yet....not even online. Then again Ive only played around 10 matches

Yeah, Blake has some shit. On the surface she has the glaring weakness of her tip/sour hit stuff, but she has strong normals to use at point blank and easy access to + frames to control and contest even when point blank. The way assists work gives her even more options to control her 'weak' range. The game itself moves fast and almost everyone has good mobility to one degree or another. Her specials build her some space too, so one of her main weaknesses isnt too hard to work around/through. People will def get better at fighting against her, but she's shaping up to be super strong as the game moves forward.

I love it, cause she's one of my favs. Almost certainly gonna include her on my team.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Yeah, Blake has some shit. On the surface she has the glaring weakness of her tip/sour hit stuff, but she has strong normals to use at point blank and easy access to + frames to control and contest even when point blank. The way assists work gives her even more options to control her 'weak' range. The game itself moves fast and almost everyone has good mobility to one degree or another. Her specials build her some space too, so one of her main weaknesses isnt too hard to work around/through. People will def get better at fighting against her, but she's shaping up to be super strong as the game moves forward.

I love it, cause she's one of my favs. Almost certainly gonna include her on my team.
She seems hella strong. Not sure what her statue and shadow clones do tho...if you can inform me, that be great cuz im confused on those moves lol

EntropicByDesign

She seems hella strong. Not sure what her statue and shadow clones do tho...if you can inform me, that be great cuz im confused on those moves lol

Ok, so stone clone absorbs a single hit and causes hit stun to take effect. So if a, (just making up numbers here) normal hits the clone, that on hit causes 10f of hitstun to the character that used the normal, they will be in hitstun for that amount of time, making them vulnerable. It's important to know that because games tend to treat situations like this differently. Sometimes a similar move may just negate the attack, but not trigger hitstun, causing near instant recovery, or it might treat the hit as a whiff, or whatever. I have not checked if it allows the opponent to create a chain though. Hopefully not.

Shadow Clone is either gonna be useless or amazing. So what SC does is if the enemy hits the clone with anything, or if Blake shoots (I think. I forget. I'll follow up with exact info when I can get on PC) it, it disperses I to a mist. Pretty short duration. If she's in the mist when this happens she will kinda disappear.. she fades out until you can't see her at all for just a couple frames, then snaps back to visibility. It all has very specific timing and it happens quickly and the return to visibility is instant. Very very hard to utilize because of the setup required and because she can't trigger the thing with her normals. Again, I forget if it's her guns.that trigger it, but I'm 95% sure she can trigger it herself, but not in an overly practical way. In a perfect-case scenario, you time an attack or special so it executes when she's totally invis, and they have no clue what's happening for that one move.

Fire clone is really good by all accounts..costs a bar, but it's quite simple. If an enemy attack hits it, it blows up. Launching them for a combo if you're in a position to convert. Good damage. Unsure of scaling. It will blow up by itself of left alone long enough. I can see some dirty dirty uses for this thing.

Tanno

Speaking about her shadow clones, her shadow clones aren't the real threat. Her fire clone is the real threat, as it does damage you, even if you hit it. Stay away from this fire clone.

Some dude found a reset/meaty combo off the smoking clone (214M).

@EntropicByDesign , I think that the slow supers are universal. The other ones are the most useful, because they're +. The slow ones are reactable AF and -, giving time to the opponent to block in time.

Forgot to add that Ruby is the MKX's Tanya with all her teleports. @JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Speaking about her shadow clones, her shadow clones aren't the real threat. Her fire clone is the real threat, as it does damage you, even if you hit it. Stay away from this fire clone.

Some dude found a reset/meaty combo off the smoking clone (214M).

@EntropicByDesign , I think that the slow supers are universal. The other ones are the most useful, because they're +. The slow ones are reactable AF and -, giving time to the opponent to block in time.

Forgot to add that Ruby is the MKX's Tanya with all her teleports. @JBeezYBabY
Unfortunately, I never got into MKX to try Tanya so that analogy went right over my head lol

Sazbak

Noob
There is this weird and annoying ps4 training mode bug that I keep experiencing. I don't know exactly how to reproduce it but usually happens when e.g. I do an 5bb jump cancel with Yang then fall down and keep running toward the opponent. Now when I press the ps4 touchpad middle button the character's position reset to the corner and not to the middle of the screen. So then I have to go to settings and reset it to default.
Tell me if you experience something similar.

Basically it changes a setting without you opening the settings menu.

Tanno

There is this weird and annoying ps4 training mode bug that I keep experiencing. I don't know exactly how to reproduce it but usually happens when e.g. I do an 5bb jump cancel with Yang then fall down and keep running toward the opponent. Now when I press the ps4 touchpad middle button the character's position reset to the corner and not to the middle of the screen. So then I have to go to settings and reset it to default.
Tell me if you experience something similar.

Basically it changes a setting without you opening the settings menu.
Typical noob mistake. It's OK.

To reset it in neutral, hold 2, and then press the touch. For the corners, press 4 or 6, and then press the touch. This is a thing in all Arcsys games. You most likely held the 6 when you pressed the touch.

EntropicByDesign

@Tanno gotcha. Ty sir.

And yeah, her Shadow Clone is probably buttcheecks. Im just trying to give it the benefit of the doubt for now, cause IN THEORY, if a reliable way is found to snap off a literally invisible mix, with strong damage and Oki on all options, that could be huge - especially if it's done in such a way that doesn't piss an assist away. I don't see that happening, but just in case, lol.

Fire Clone is absolutely gangster though..there are a million uses.. drop it midscreen and stand with it, use it in/near the corner to really lock the opponent into a set region of the screen, meaties, setups, safety.. it's a beast of a move.

I forgot to mention Blake's assists..her YoYo is a very very good assist..it's one-size-fits-all. Need a pressure assist? It works. Need a combo extension? It usually works. Need to cover your ass?.it.. ok well her other assists are better there. Need a mix assist? It works. Want to throw a YoYo? It works. Used to play Bridgette in GG and miss his yoyos? Your weird go away.

Looking at Es as a second to Blake. Same disclaimer: the following statements are based on our CURRENT understanding and perception of the game. Subject to change. As the game stands right now though, Es is one of better/best characters in the roster IMO. She controls any part of the screen she wants and can play from almost any range. Maybe not exact point blank, but that's it. (If that's even the case). Her assists are excellent snd she can make use of a broad range of other Char's assists. Solid solo damage and some good mix. etc.

I dont plan to play BBTag "seriously", more just to have fun doing crazy shit and messing around. So while I'll probably have a main team, lll def be messing with a secondary and possibly tertiary team. Basically if I like a character and they are fun to play, I'ma fit them in somewhere. Blake is Def my number 1 right now though.

Liking:

Blake
Es
Carmine
Vatista
Ruby
Hazama
Jubei
Azrael

I would kill for Answer and Potemkin from GG and Hibiki and Naoto from BlazBlue: CF.

Tanno

@Tanno gotcha. Ty sir.

And yeah, her Shadow Clone is probably buttcheecks. Im just trying to give it the benefit of the doubt for now, cause IN THEORY, if a reliable way is found to snap off a literally invisible mix, with strong damage and Oki on all options, that could be huge - especially if it's done in such a way that doesn't piss an assist away. I don't see that happening, but just in case, lol.

Fire Clone is absolutely gangster though..there are a million uses.. drop it midscreen and stand with it, use it in/near the corner to really lock the opponent into a set region of the screen, meaties, setups, safety.. it's a beast of a move.

I forgot to mention Blake's assists..her YoYo is a very very good assist..it's one-size-fits-all. Need a pressure assist? It works. Need a combo extension? It usually works. Need to cover your ass?.it.. ok well her other assists are better there. Need a mix assist? It works. Want to throw a YoYo? It works. Used to play Bridgette in GG and miss his yoyos? Your weird go away.

Looking at Es as a second to Blake. Same disclaimer: the following statements are based on our CURRENT understanding and perception of the game. Subject to change. As the game stands right now though, Es is one of better/best characters in the roster IMO. She controls any part of the screen she wants and can play from almost any range. Maybe not exact point blank, but that's it. (If that's even the case). Her assists are excellent snd she can make use of a broad range of other Char's assists. Solid solo damage and some good mix. etc.

I dont plan to play BBTag "seriously", more just to have fun doing crazy shit and messing around. So while I'll probably have a main team, lll def be messing with a secondary and possibly tertiary team. Basically if I like a character and they are fun to play, I'ma fit them in somewhere. Blake is Def my number 1 right now though.

Liking:

Blake
Es
Carmine
Vatista
Ruby
Hazama
Jubei
Azrael

I would kill for Answer and Potemkin from GG and Hibiki and Naoto from BlazBlue: CF.
Jubei, Vatista, Carmine and Hakumen are legit broken.

Vatista is a broken AF zoner. Even her normal beam absorbs anyone's super and still keep attacking.

The rest are broken in their own way.

You're not the only one who want Naoto in BBTAG. I know a few others who want him in. I'd kill for Taokaka from BBCF to complete my team (Makoto/Taokaka). lol

If GG was to be cross fated, I'd kill for Jam/Jack-O or Kum/Faust (both teams are a killing one).

Tager is the BB's Potemkin, if you didn't notice their similarities in their moves.

Bridgette? I don't know this lady, because I started the GG series from GGXrd and learning about them slowly.

EntropicByDesign

Jubei, Vatista, Carmine and Hakumen are legit broken.

Vatista is a broken AF zoner. Even her normal beam absorbs anyone's super and still keep attacking.

The rest are broken in their own way.

You're not the only one who want Naoto in BBTAG. I know a few others who want him in. I'd kill for Taokaka from BBCF to complete my team (Makoto/Taokaka). lol

If GG was to be cross fated, I'd kill for Jam/Jack-O or Kum/Faust (both teams are a killing one).

Tager is the BB's Potemkin, if you didn't notice their similarities in their moves.

Bridgette? I don't know this lady, because I started the GG series from GGXrd and learning about them slowly.

Yeah Vatista looks insane. And yeah, I know Pot and Tager are pretty similar but I think Pot is different enough for both to be in the same game.

Id love to see Jam, Kum and Jack-O. Faust I don't personally care for at all, but I know he has a strong fanbase.

I'm not an old school GG player, I came to the series when you did, XRD, but I've bought some of the older games when I see them cheap, just to check things out for fun, that's the only reason I know who Bridgette is.. it's actually a male, but raised as a girl (I dunno why), and dresses and looks very feminine. I'm pretty sure he's not transgender though, he's a genetic male and identifies as a male, he was just raised as a girl and looks very androgenous, which is why i say "He". If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. My general rule is, I don't care if you're genetically a male or female or fucking toaster oven, I will defer to however.you self-identify. If you're a toaster and see yourself as a female, then your female.

anyway, lol

I main Answer in GG, and pray 'erryday he makes it in if they announce GG characters. If for no other reason than a simpler version of Answer to play on occasion would be good for my mental health.

Tanno

Yeah Vatista looks insane. And yeah, I know Pot and Tager are pretty similar but I think Pot is different enough for both to be in the same game.

Id love to see Jam, Kum and Jack-O. Faust I don't personally care for at all, but I know he has a strong fanbase.

I'm not an old school GG player, I came to the series when you did, XRD, but I've bought some of the older games when I see them cheap, just to check things out for fun, that's the only reason I know who Bridgette is.. it's actually a male, but raised as a girl (I dunno why), and dresses and looks very feminine. I'm pretty sure he's not transgender though, he's a genetic male and identifies as a male, he was just raised as a girl and looks very androgenous, which is why i say "He". If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. My general rule is, I don't care if you're genetically a male or female or fucking toaster oven, I will defer to however.you self-identify. If you're a toaster and see yourself as a female, then your female.

anyway, lol

I main Answer in GG, and pray 'erryday he makes it in if they announce GG characters. If for no other reason than a simpler version of Answer to play on occasion would be good for my mental health.
Speaking about old games, I'm in the same boat. I'm currently looking into Persona series. Started playing Persona 4 Golden in PSV. lol

I main Jack-O, Jam, Kum and Faust, but lately I'm more inclined towards Jack-O and Faust for their all-around gameplay. After the patch, I no longer "feel" Kum, even thought I like Jonryoku (not the chick within him). I'd need more time to get used to Jam, now that I understood the general gameplay thanks to Blazblue Central Fiction.

Very interesting story about Bridgette. So let's say that he's a char with a tranny mind. An old AF GG player ought to enlight us about his story to clarify some things.

EntropicByDesign

Speaking about old games, I'm in the same boat. I'm currently looking into Persona series. Started playing Persona 4 Golden in PSV. lol

I main Jack-O, Jam, Kum and Faust, but lately I'm more inclined towards Jack-O and Faust for their all-around gameplay. After the patch, I no longer "feel" Kum, even thought I like Jonryoku (not the chick within him). I'd need more time to get used to Jam, now that I understood the general gameplay thanks to Blazblue Central Fiction.

Very interesting story about Bridgette. So let's say that he's a char with a tranny mind. An old AF GG player ought to enlight us about his story to clarify some things.
I dunno how you can main 2-3-4 characters in GG, damn. GG is my "main" game, and just Answer kicks my ass.. but I have something like 8-12 different variations on my core BnB sequence that's dependant on MU, what started the combo in the first place, where are we on the screen when it started, where on the screen it ends (seriously, ending in the corner, close to the corner, and in wide open space are all different) and what oki/setup options I want after (this can get complicated in and near the corner). Thats not some crazy, pro, optimal nonesense either, that's the CORE of my offense - to play Answer at all its the his cornerstone. Then add in the weird tricks every character has, like how to get a Card YRC and not RRC, I've got to tiger-knee the Card projectile input so it cancels into a jump then hit my RC so in tricking the engine into canceling the jump startup(25 meter) vs the card recovery (50). And my OH/Cling OS on ground scrolls, my air throw/j.H OS and on and on.

My hats off to anyone that can play several characters in GG. I've been grinding for weeks now, 30m-1hr a day in practice JUST working on basic execution and I can't 7/10 my BnB scroll stuff - it's brutal.

I shoulda mained Potemkin or Sol lol.

Tanno

I dunno how you can main 2-3-4 characters in GG, damn. GG is my "main" game, and just Answer kicks my ass.. but I have something like 8-12 different variations on my core BnB sequence that's dependant on MU, what started the combo in the first place, where are we on the screen when it started, where on the screen it ends (seriously, ending in the corner, close to the corner, and in wide open space are all different) and what oki/setup options I want after (this can get complicated in and near the corner). Thats not some crazy, pro, optimal nonesense either, that's the CORE of my offense - to play Answer at all its the his cornerstone. Then add in the weird tricks every character has, like how to get a Card YRC and not RRC, I've got to tiger-knee the Card projectile input so it cancels into a jump then hit my RC so in tricking the engine into canceling the jump startup(25 meter) vs the card recovery (50). And my OH/Cling OS on ground scrolls, my air throw/j.H OS and on and on.

My hats off to anyone that can play several characters in GG. I've been grinding for weeks now, 30m-1hr a day in practice JUST working on basic execution and I can't 7/10 my BnB scroll stuff - it's brutal.

I shoulda mained Potemkin or Sol lol.
Well, to find such setups, okis, meaties, and such is like finding an infinite number of possibilities. This is what I found out playing anime FGs. It's not like MK series that have limited number of combos and a few setups. I happened to play all 4 chars, because my buddies introduced the GGXrd to me, and I still remember how to play them. My playstyle is mostly of the CQC with some setups, like Jack-O's, to keep pressuring. Those 4 did surprisingly fit me at that time.

This is why I main Makoto and Yang in BBTAG. I heard that Taokaka is the hardest, because of execution, but I dunno. She just fits me well.

Edit: Forgot to add that some stuff are trickier, but way risky, if someone figures out your gameplay.