What's new

Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma-Discussion Thread

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
For everyone's information, The Chicago anime scene has started playing at GGA on Friday's now, and we will be starting our own Ghost Battle Series for Blazblue and KOF. If you're in the Chicago area, please come out to GGA on Friday's to play with us. People will meet up at 6 pm, and tournament start time will be 9 pm and will be streamed on Nobody EXE's twitch channel.

http://www.twitch.tv/nobodyexe

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I've found that Valkenhayn seems to be a good compliment to Hazama. His MUs that he seems to struggle in are Valk, Tao, Kokonoe, and possibly Litchi. With the exception of Kokonoe, Valkenhayn seems to beat or go even with all of those characters.
Valk seems to go even or beat everyone!

Same with Litchi. lol. (excluding Kokonoe of kourse)

Yojimzo

One of many Bat-Breakers.
Finally got my hands on this, loving the hell out of it, then again, loved every Blazblue thus far.
#KaguraMain

~NAKM~

Tekken, SF4: AE, BB: CP, and Persona 4: Arena
Hit me up for some games, if anyone's interested. I main Amane Nishiki.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
Add me! I'm a Makoto main since she was first playable. One of the few who didn't drop her (hipster status over 9000). Can't play anyone else but looking to pick up Amane!

PSN: Misguided_Angel

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
I bought this game when it came out but never really played but now I'm looking to play a second game. I think this game is fun and I use Izayoi. I have a few questions for you guys. Is the online playable? How do you guys go about learning the game and the characters (I'm spoiled cause inj was my first fighter and it has in-game frame data (WHY DON"T OTHER FIGHTERS HAVE THIS?))? Also, just wondering where do people consider izayoi on the tier list? She's fun so I will use her even if she's low tier but I'm just curious.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
Izayoi is pretty low on the tier list, but the tiers are very condensed in this game. A "bad" character can still do well in tournaments when you put in the work. Tager is a bad character but made top 5 at Evo, for example.

Dustloop wiki and forums is where you'll want to go to learn the game. Their wiki has everything, including all frame data and mechanic breakdowns. The in-game tutorial is also very useful.

Sadly the online is pretty much as bad as MK9 (really super bad). It's sad because previous iterations of BB had pretty good netcode.

MrSoloLobo

Izayoi is pretty low on the tier list, but the tiers are very condensed in this game. A "bad" character can still do well in tournaments when you put in the work. Tager is a bad character but made top 5 at Evo, for example.

Dustloop wiki and forums is where you'll want to go to learn the game. Their wiki has everything, including all frame data and mechanic breakdowns. The in-game tutorial is also very useful.

Sadly the online is pretty much as bad as MK9 (really super bad). It's sad because previous iterations of BB had pretty good netcode.
Thanks for the response. That's unfortunate that online is bad because I'm not sure if many people in AZ play the game offline.

haketh

Noob
Thanks for the response. That's unfortunate that online is bad because I'm not sure if many people in AZ play the game offline.
He has no idea what the fuck he's talking about the online is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy better than MK9. it's actually playable.

MrSoloLobo

He has no idea what the fuck he's talking about the online is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy better than MK9. it's actually playable.
haha I'll have to try it out myself then. Also I forgot to ask in the other post: Who are the best Izayoi mains so I can watch and learn on youtube? lol

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yes. I agree with that.

I played with Truth in a LA to Chicago konnection while on skype and it wasn't even as bad as Injustice is a lot of times.

haketh

Noob
haha I'll have to try it out myself then. Also I forgot to ask in the other post: Who are the best Izayoi mains so I can watch and learn on youtube? lol
SKD from New York, can't remeber the names of any JP ones off the top of my head. Check Jourdal's youtube channel and dustloop for notable players.

You're all nuts.
No you cleaerly just have crap internet, if i can do full Azreal Double WP combos netplaying JPs then go offline and not be fucked the netplay is clearly not as bad as MK9 where it was basically a different game.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I have this one, and I was surprised to see BB: Continuum Shit at Best Buy pre-owned for $10 bucks. I was like fuck yeah I'll buy that shit, all I need now is the first game.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
No you cleaerly just have crap internet, if i can do full Azreal Double WP combos netplaying JPs then go offline and not be fucked the netplay is clearly not as bad as MK9 where it was basically a different game.

Clearly. Even Arksys themselves said the netcode in this version wasn't up to par relative to past iterations. They blamed the lobby system they added, and said they won't be doing that again.

Maybe it feels worse than it is because it's worse than past versions of BB, which is jarring. It's definitely not good though either way. Playable? Maybe. KI, SCV, and TTT2 have what I would consider good netcodes.

Last edited:

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

Clearly. Even Arksys themselves said the netcode in this version wasn't up to par relative to past iterations. They blamed the lobby system they added, and said they won't be doing that again.

Maybe it feels worse than it is because it's worse than past versions of BB, which is jarring. It's definitely not good though either way. Playable? Maybe. KI, SCV, and TTT2 have what I would consider good netcodes.
You did kompare it to MK9 though... You shouldn't make such a hyperbole if you don't want others to do the same.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
From my personal experience, it is as bad. Not hyperbole. I could honestly land Sektor BNB's better online than Makoto's (whose drive meter teleports around online now, so it's a crap shoot what level you get 4 times every bnb, even at a 3 bar connection. (And I've never even seen a 4 bar connection)

haketh

Noob
Your ports have to not be forwarded then or something or your internet is capped and speedtest doesn't pick up on things because I can say straight up your dead wrong.

RM Truth

Agreed with Haketh, Netplay isn't SF4 level, but it far outclasses MK and Injustice netplay. It's one of the few games that I can actually stand to play online. I've also dropped Hazama as my main to play Azrael like the scumbag that I am.

Also, I'm super pumped for the rebalance they're doing. Celica looks like fun as well.

RM Truth

Also, as for our Blazblue weekly that we do every Friday, we will be running it off stream for a couple of weeks in favor of giving stream time to our new Under Night In Birth weekly since the game was recently released in consoles. After that it will be based on which tournament gets more entrants. Game is super fun and a lot different from most anime fighters. Check it out every Friday at 9pm.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
Your ports have to not be forwarded then or something or your internet is capped and speedtest doesn't pick up on things because I can say straight up your dead wrong.
Then so are a fuck ton of other people, including Arksys themselves. Right on the front page of the BBCP reddit it even mentions in the disclaimers BBCP's poor netcode ;). Stop trying to strawman my internet. It works great for EVERY OTHER fighting game I own, which is like.. all of them (Except MK9 obviously). Maybe in your region it works great, but it sucks up here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. No one is getting a smooth connection up here in this particular fighting game. And obviously I was talking about my own personal experiences. Hard to be dead wrong about my own experiences.

You could try playing an execution heavy character online and report back to me. Azrael is Superman mode.