What's new

Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma-Discussion Thread

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I have this one, and I was surprised to see BB: Continuum Shit at Best Buy pre-owned for $10 bucks. I was like fuck yeah I'll buy that shit, all I need now is the first game.
The first one is insanely hard to come by unless you buy it online.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Agreed with Haketh, Netplay isn't SF4 level, but it far outclasses MK and Injustice netplay. It's one of the few games that I can actually stand to play online. I've also dropped Hazama as my main to play Azrael like the scumbag that I am.

Also, I'm super pumped for the rebalance they're doing. Celica looks like fun as well.
Interesting. Had no idea there were more characters coming. After playing story mode, I was wishing Celica was playable so this is awesome to hear.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
The first one is insanely hard to come by unless you buy it online.
Yeah, I saw BB CP in Gamestop for $59.99 and I said to myself "I know this game is good and I know its gonna be gone the next time I come back so I took my chance and bought it" lol.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
From my personal experience, it is as bad. Not hyperbole. I could honestly land Sektor BNB's better online than Makoto's (whose drive meter teleports around online now, so it's a crap shoot what level you get 4 times every bnb, even at a 3 bar connection. (And I've never even seen a 4 bar connection)
As a Sektor main I kan say that spacing Sektor's B34 online is horrible and landing his BnBs would be impossible for me online. I kan't even do his basic 36% kombos, much less his 40% BnB. Worse yet, I feel like I kan barely move without getting hit.

Also remember that distance is a factor. So you may be playing people far away from you on Blazblue and not in MK. Or you kould just be so used to other games that you just lumped MK9 with Blazblue despite the difference because once they reach below your expectations they're practically the same sh*t... Just a theory though.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Agreed with Haketh, Netplay isn't SF4 level, but it far outclasses MK and Injustice netplay. It's one of the few games that I can actually stand to play online. I've also dropped Hazama as my main to play Azrael like the scumbag that I am.

Also, I'm super pumped for the rebalance they're doing. Celica looks like fun as well.
There's a rebalance going on? Am I going to have to relearn Hazama kombos again???

Also, as for our Blazblue weekly that we do every Friday, we will be running it off stream for a couple of weeks in favor of giving stream time to our new Under Night In Birth weekly since the game was recently released in consoles. After that it will be based on which tournament gets more entrants. Game is super fun and a lot different from most anime fighters. Check it out every Friday at 9pm.
That game looked interesting. I would probably pick it up if I knew people I kould play the game with or it was cheaper...

I also wasn't sure if I should buy it early like I did with Blazblue and get stuck with the Japanese release.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"

Celica is gonna be added in the game?

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
Just got this game, daunting at first but super fun to play. I'm playing Ragna while I learn it, but planning on maining Valkenhyn or Tao.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I know Demise is from that area, but not sure of their scene. I'm from the bay area, mainly played with the blt dudes up in Sacramento.
Ahh cool, yeah too bad that Modesto has the highest rate of unemployment and is notorious of car thefts in the US. It was placed #1 in 2011 in the article I read online, snh I grew up there too so I am not ashamed to tell ppl where I grew up.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
is this game any good? i haven't played since bbcs and i played haku and jin i also seen izayoi she has me interested in the game but i herd she was trash terumi as well

Yojimzo

One of many Bat-Breakers.
Blazblue is awesome. I main Kagura unfortunately.
So do I, Kagura's terrifying if you know how to use him.
On another note, am I an ass if I only use Terumi in Ranked just for the sake of stomping everyone, without even trying, mind you.