What's new

Black Manta Gameplay Reveal Trailer

Lokheit

Noob
Before people jump on the "ohh cooool swamp thing buff!!" hype train, IMO this is just a hint of a new group of gear moves being added to the game. They said new gear would be added in the future and that probably includes gear moves (some characters have very few of them).

Nobus3r1

House of Bane; ID: 8V596
Before people jump on the "ohh cooool swamp thing buff!!" hype train, IMO this is just a hint of a new group of gear moves being added to the game. They said new gear would be added in the future and that probably includes gear moves (some characters have very few of them).
Very much this. For some reason I thought (incorrectly) that they were getting better about this but I just re-watched the 'Introducing Starfire' trailer and was like: that's a gear move, that's a gear move, etc. -_-

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Zod's Laser. Sektor's DP. nothing unique/new to speak of.

Sorry, but for all his potential, he looks like just more IJ2 rehash to me.

I dont like being el ultimo critique, but i feel like I have to be.
i'm glad he finally got his deserved shine on the roster. I am.
But nothing about him makes him stand out, IMHO.

I know it's been said before but I'd be more hype if I knew what were gear moves and what weren't. Hell I don't even know if the Swamp Thing air dash isn't a gear move.
#Facts
Another dumb fuck all thing:
When the gear meta literally isnt a part at all of the competitive meta, it seems a bit unnecessary to cocktease us by listing its benefits in the trailers.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Zod's Laser. Sektor's DP. nothing unique/new to speak of.

Sorry, but for all his potential, he looks like just more IJ2 rehash to me.
- Dual swords that he uses the most by far
- About 3-4 different ways he used the lasers including Zod MB laser
- Harpoon (doesn't necessarily mean it's like Smoke's harpoon or Scorpion's spear)
- Couple different uses of missiles
- Bomb summoning (probably gear)

Don't get too cynical too quickly, he looks pretty unique to me.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Great trailer. His winning pose is awesome, and yeah he's got the harpoon like Cyber Smoke from MK, and he can air dash too. Great stuff.

Oh and Swamp Thing can now air dash too? A balance patch is coming? That will be great!