What's new

Black Manta Gameplay Reveal Trailer

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
Wow , black manta looks even better than I expected. Love his animations and win pose , can't wait to see some of his gear.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
Am I the only one who thought his gameplay looks uninspired and quite generic? His character design and win pose are both great though.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Best win pose in the game.. My god. I mean, I stood up when i saw that and pointed at the monitor yelling at my GF to LOOK AT THIS SHIT HOLY CRAP.. To which she shook her head sadly and kept putting on her makeup..

But fuck.

He looks amazing. Im glad he didnt end up being a pure zoner like a lot of us thought. He looks like he has a TON going on, but I want to know what is and isnt gear..

Also, Im guessing his trait his the jet pack? The way it was used kinda seems like its attached to a meter of some kind?

Dayvon

Noob
Am I the only one who thought his gameplay looks uninspired and quite generic? His character design and win pose are both great though.
I feel the same way. I was looking forward to the gameplay reveal but it was disappointing.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
This Black Cockroach is confirmed as a counterpick for most of the zoners, and especially against Cold. I hope that his flying will be gear ability.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm sure this has been brought up, but wow, seeing so much Zod influence!

1) Zod Charge (0:37)

2) overhead rifle string (0:51)

3) advancing low-kick starter (0:58)

4) low eye-lasers (that hit multiple times on meter-burn) (1:14)

Assuming his jetpack is his trait, he seems like Zod + Hawkgirl, with a few additional things thrown in (was that a MMH teleport at 0:25?). I'm expecting a lot of the moves, like the MMH teleport and Remote Bomb, to be gear moves, though.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
On the one hand, it does look like 95% of his moveset is recycled content.

On the other, Black Manta is the apparent love child of Predator and Zod. I am okay with this. #mybodyisready