What's new

Match-up Discussion Black Adam Matchup Discussion

Wonder Woman is similar to Hawk Girl and Superman. They can be really annoying and stay in the air which makes it nearly impossible to zone them. They control the air and you have no air control. That says everything. I've found Bombs to be the best zoning tool in those matchups because lightning strike and black magic are pretty useless. But if you throw a lot of bombs you can catch them as they land for a combo.

I don't find Killer Frost on the same level of annoyance as those 3. She can be irritating with her slide but what I do is let her slide and then chip her. After a while when you block a slide she will probably try an armor move or her parry. So I let her hang herself this way. I don't find her particularly difficult. But then again I haven't played a super high level KF yet I think.

Doomsday is doomsday. I don't have much knowledge in this matchup unfortunately. I get blown up by basic flowchart Doomsday lol. I definitely need to go in training mode to find tech vs him.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Wonder Woman is similar to Hawk Girl and Superman. They can be really annoying and stay in the air which makes it nearly impossible to zone them. They control the air and you have no air control. That says everything. I've found Bombs to be the best zoning tool in those matchups because lightning strike and black magic are pretty useless. But if you throw a lot of bombs you can catch them as they land for a combo.

I don't find Killer Frost on the same level of annoyance as those 3. She can be irritating with her slide but what I do is let her slide and then chip her. After a while when you block a slide she will probably try an armor move or her parry. So I let her hang herself this way. I don't find her particularly difficult. But then again I haven't played a super high level KF yet I think.

Doomsday is doomsday. I don't have much knowledge in this matchup unfortunately. I get blown up by basic flowchart Doomsday lol. I definitely need to go in training mode to find tech vs him.
doomsday is dead even, i play this matchup hella with Metzos offline

black adam has very good tools to counter him, doomsday, unlike in other matchups, does not get in for free if adam has meter and LBSH BA was made to piss meter because he can build it

superman is even as well, you can react to his air lasers with a divekick in, when you have meter it means something, when he does it only means he gets more damage from hit confirmed F23 and his zoning is a lil better if youre not fullscreen

Fullscreen= neutral jump fishing for an air laser whif to get in
Midscreen= block air laser and get in/ black magic under his heat projectile/divekick his teeth in for using the ground laser
Up close= even with superman having some more mixups

note: B2 is a meaty, it stuffs ALL of supermans wakeups if timed correctly.

wonderwoman i could see being 6-4 but believe is even when i play Nivek ( who just won the injustice tournament in france with her) it feels like a laming out match. her space control is quite good but adams special in the case that he doesnt have to whiff punish all he time for combos, his ex lightning does huge damage and forces people to block the followup lightning. you can mix it up from there.

i will be inputting more in the future, been blessed with a scene full of very high lvl players each of them using 2-3 different characters, almost got the whole cast to fight:p

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Superman and Cyborg are my biggest worries right now. They seem impossible. ._.
read my post above

also dont duck his high laser and punish with black magic, his laser eye shot on block guarantees him a free ground laser

i like to jump in this matchup because he really cant do a lot compared to what you can do to him

not jumping like a bunny on Monster though, just do a neutral jump every now and then and scout what they do, react accordingly.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
If you jump a projectile then EX Divekick will get you in at +7, dont try to counterzone from full screen vs the projectile characters, just go in and rush their tits off.

Figure I make a post about this since I just found out about it little while ago. Apparently for Doomsday's Supernova (MB), it can be AA by using Black Adam's Lighting Cage. Regular and does not have to be used on MB. So in doing that it shows that his Supernova does not have armor when he collides with you. You can use Lighting Cage on MB when Doomsday lands on you, too. Only thing is your timing has to be perfect in order for it to react to the Lighting Cage. Anyways. After the MB hits on Doomsday, just use B2, 3 , up 1+3 to land a 32% damage I do believe? Good AA damage with 1 meter used.
42% with b3, j3, b2,3,u1+3.

The timing is you need to hit Lightning Cage as soon as Doomsday leaves the screen. It can also trade in BA's favor. Or lose.

I prefer using dash and punish with a full j2 combo. Or dive kick to avoid into black magic, j2.

btw this kind of info should be in the matchup thread not on the combo thread. Which is why I'm replying here lol.

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
Vulcan Hades said:
42% with b3, j3, b2,3,u1+3.

The timing is you need to hit Lightning Cage as soon as Doomsday leaves the screen. It can also trade in BA's favor. Or lose.

I prefer using dash and punish with a full j2 combo. Or dive kick to avoid into black magic, j2.

btw this kind of info should be in the matchup thread not on the combo thread. Which is why I'm replying here lol.
Well I know, but at the same time it can still be considered as a combo for AA to begin with. Since you can follow up with the Lighting Cage on MB afterwards. So it makes sense in a way to keep it in here. =)

Avoid jumping back to buffer dive kick too much against Green Arrow. The range on his J3 is enormous and will catch you every time if they jump at you as you jump back. Try to get out of the habit of jumping back. (this is I guess, mostly a note for me lol . but good advice none the less.)

McTease

Nay.
Anybody got any tips on the Flash match-up?

I personally feel that The Flash beats Adam up-close and midscreen, he blows up a lot of Adam's normals.
It's also hard to set up your oki because his 6-frame wakeup DP is mad quick, beats out so much shit and moves him too far for you to have a good set-up.
I feel that using the Ka Servant follow-up at the end of your combos is the most ideal for this match-up, it seems keeping him fullscreen is the best option for Adam.

Though, I'm sure I could be wrong.

^

I guess this can give you an idea of how I like playing the matchup lol.

It's pretty much like you said. Ka Servant all day everyday. And close Bombs are the best. Not just in this matchup actually, I use them all the time. They're kinda silly but hey they work and they are win/win most of the time.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i really fucking hate that you can backdash any and all pressure of adams.

its good if youre playing keepaway but when you need to rush its total bs.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
i really fucking hate that you can backdash any and all pressure of adams.

its good if youre playing keepaway but when you need to rush its total bs.
Thats why its all about that grab swag and d1 lightning hands. Thats about all i use up close with orbs mixed in.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Thats why its all about that grab swag and d1 lightning hands. Thats about all i use up close with orbs mixed in.
both of those options are beaten by a backdash sadly.

so youre forced to get in with B2 trait if you want anything done.

people right now dont even realise how good backdashes are

d1 + on block pressure? backdash
blockstring pressure? backdash
wakeup pressure? backdash
Poking game? backdash

once people abuse this vs adam we will have to resort to B2 trait

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
both of those options are beaten by a backdash sadly.

so youre forced to get in with B2 trait if you want anything done.

people right now dont even realise how good backdashes are

d1 + on block pressure? backdash
blockstring pressure? backdash
wakeup pressure? backdash
Poking game? backdash

once people abuse this vs adam we will have to resort to B2 trait
Well if they just backdash every time just instant ex dive or even jump at them. If they wont respect your pressure then dont try to pressure. Kill them for trying to get out.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Well if they just backdash every time just instant ex dive or even jump at them. If they wont respect your pressure then dont try to pressure. Kill them for trying to get out.
im not talking about people who get predictable, im talking about high lvl players of the likes of reo and tom brady.

its a huge mixup which while adam gets a higher reward depending on the situation, its much different than MK9 where + frames were the nectar of the gods

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
im not talking about people who get predictable, im talking about high lvl players of the likes of reo and tom brady.

its a huge mixup which while adam gets a higher reward depending on the situation, its much different than MK9 where + frames were the nectar of the gods
Yea you cant just rely on frame traps in this game as offense is much less prevalent especially because of very little chip and meter as well as invincible backdashes. Its just different. But if they arent predictable and you arent it becomes a great mind game up close. The only character that gets ridiculous continuous offense that ive seen is batman and in the future nightwing. Everyone else has to find other ways to work up close.