What's new

Match-up Discussion Black Adam Matchup Discussion

I feel any character that can apply pressure and get in dat ass, a la Batman and Doomsday, is a bad match-up for Black Adam. Agree or disagree?
Well yeah, considering Black Adam's non-existent wake up/reversal options. But I'd say okizeme is more important than rushdown vs BA. Because Black Adam still blows up a lot of rushdown oriented characters with poor oki / air control / mobility.

BigD

Noob
yeah and no. Doomsday posing a huge match up problem because Doomsday has some of the best Anti Airs in the game. So doomsday can attack BA at will be BA has to be careful when applying pressure to Doomsday

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
black adam has above average zoning and great mobility as well as an advancing move to compensate for his strings, always giving him ways to get in or escape

Dpayne82

Noob
Well yeah, considering Black Adam's non-existent wake up/reversal options. But I'd say okizeme is more important than rushdown vs BA. Because Black Adam still blows up a lot of rushdown oriented characters with poor oki / air control / mobility.

Actually Lightning Cage is a passable wake up seeming to have some frames on invincibility on wake up and only being -3 on block. Also there are definitely worse wake ups than D2, but then again there are definitely better (but hey it's a 7 frame uppercut can't complain too much). That said I still think Batman played well is a problem for Black Adam because he controls space so well.

Yes you're right. I didn't know Lightning Cage was a legit wake up at the time.

From my testings, Lightning Cage still gets blown up by cross-ups, but only in certain cases. A bit hard to explain but I'm working on a few vids. One of them show when Lightning Cage should be used and when it shouldn't be used.

BigD

Noob
How do you guys feel about aquaman? I get that Aquaman has a good/great Anti Air game, but what really bugs me about that match up is Aquaman seems to win Air to Air vs black Adam. And the ensuing combo is 36-46% depending on how much meter Aquaman has

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
How do you guys feel about aquaman? I get that Aquaman has a good/great Anti Air game, but what really bugs me about that match up is Aquaman seems to win Air to Air vs black Adam. And the ensuing combo is 36-46% depending on how much meter Aquaman has
Aquaman is a pain if you are in close, but he feels the pain from full screen. There are like three or four Aquamans here in Charleston so I feel you on this MU. Anyways back on topic, he seems to have to work his way in on Adam because he eats a lot of damage trying to zone in this MU. He does seem to win the air to air, however I use jump 2 way too much on air to air and I'm starting to recognize jump 1 beats a lot more stuff. Idk how much good it would do against Aquaman though. Up close is kind of back and forth from what I've felt, but if you are outside of sweep range Aquaman seems to have the advantage because of his amazing normals. He also has that amazing uppercut which can really make whiff punishing a pain in the ass, and can stuff dive kick if he reads it as well as any jump ins. As of now it feels pretty even, but only time will tell.

VOR

Noob
Aquaman is a pain if you are in close, but he feels the pain from full screen. There are like three or four Aquamans here in Charleston so I feel you on this MU. Anyways back on topic, he seems to have to work his way in on Adam because he eats a lot of damage trying to zone in this MU. He does seem to win the air to air, however I use jump 2 way too much on air to air and I'm starting to recognize jump 1 beats a lot more stuff. Idk how much good it would do against Aquaman though. Up close is kind of back and forth from what I've felt, but if you are outside of sweep range Aquaman seems to have the advantage because of his amazing normals. He also has that amazing uppercut which can really make whiff punishing a pain in the ass, and can stuff dive kick if he reads it as well as any jump ins. As of now it feels pretty even, but only time will tell.
How well does Aquaman's d2 aa, which is amazing, handle adam's iA db3? Seems like you could mix up the timing with nj 2. I don't have a lot of xp with this matchup and was wondering how the 2 do against each other. I know I saw reo as batman mixing up iA db2 with neutral jumps and crossovrs against brady's aquaman trying to AA.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Just by seeing what the character has, I can say that Doomsday will be a problem for this character in the future.

VOR

Noob
Just by seeing what the character has, I can say that Doomsday will be a problem for this character in the future.
zone, zone, zone. i also play doomsday and know his holes. i don't see this being a problem matchup honestly. ba is good at taking momentum away which doomsday needs.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
zone, zone, zone. i also play doomsday and know his holes. i don't see this being a problem matchup honestly. ba is good at taking momentum away which doomsday needs.
Maybe. I'm just theorizing from the tools I've seen from Doomsday based on Very Hard mode. lol.

VOR

Noob
VOR play horny smurfer and youll never think doomsday is easy
I never said DD is easy, just that he's not a problem morseo than other characters and that there's nothing specific about this matchup that gives him an edge. Doomsday on the inside is scary against everyone, there's no way around that. ba can get out of there and zone effectively while dd has to chase him down and burn meter sometimes to get there. I'm sure horny smurfer is good, but there's nothing i see that gives dd an extreme advantage. You can try to enlighten me if you'd like. I'm open to it.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
How well does Aquaman's d2 aa, which is amazing, handle adam's iA db3? Seems like you could mix up the timing with nj 2. I don't have a lot of xp with this matchup and was wondering how the 2 do against each other. I know I saw reo as batman mixing up iA db2 with neutral jumps and crossovrs against brady's aquaman trying to AA.
I don't really do ia close dive kicks out of fear of them whiffing. You have to play the MU from full screen to do well. He can't handle full screen zoning.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Ive noticed that if aquaman tries to combo into the trident stab from slightly too far away the MB version will start whiffing after a few hit. Adams floaty jump arc lets you full combo punish when this happens from cross over 2, or you can black magic

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Ive noticed that if aquaman tries to combo into the trident stab from slightly too far away the MB version will start whiffing after a few hit. Adams floaty jump arc lets you full combo punish when this happens from cross over 2, or you can black magic
Yeah the thing is Aquaman player really don't have a reason to end their combos with it midscreen because it doesn't add that much damage due to scaling at the end of the combo. Most will just use f2 1+3 at the end of midscreen combos. They have corner combos that use it effectively, but it still does around the same. He just gets to keep you in the corner.

Yeah the thing is Aquaman player really don't have a reason to end their combos with it midscreen because it doesn't add that much damage due to scaling at the end of the combo. Most will just use f2 1+3 at the end of midscreen combos. They have corner combos that use it effectively, but it still does around the same. He just gets to keep you in the corner.
I think he means as grounded pressure lol.

Zanxus

Thought I would post in here because I find the Hawk Girl matchup to be in her favor greatly. Anybody here have any experience because from what I played she seems to eliminate Black Adam's pressure and zoning game completely by flying and running away.

Yeah Hawk Girl is a problem.

Bad hawk girls are like super predictable and you can dash and catch them in air to air. But if the player knows what he's doing then it's very hard to get in on her and obviously impossible to zone her.

d2 is good vs Nightwing btw. All his hops are vulnerable to it. It's unsafe on block but you can make d2 safe by cancelling its recovery with Orbs.

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Thought I would post in here because I find the Hawk Girl matchup to be in her favor greatly. Anybody here have any experience because from what I played she seems to eliminate Black Adam's pressure and zoning game completely by flying and running away.
My brother has been using all Hawkgirl and I have been using all Black Adam for the little time the game has been out. So this is coming from offline experience. It's too early to say shit but BA has his work cut out for him in this matchup. She negates his zoning completely, don't even bother to zone honestly. I sit back and react and try to capitalize on mistakes every time he may make one. But that dosen't work to often because once she gets the life lead BA has to chase. Idk much more to say lol I hate this MU it is my least favorite by far lol.

EDIT: To answer your question I say counter pick lol, that's right already counter picking in a 2 week old game.