What's new

Match-up Discussion Black Adam Matchup Discussion

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Opinions on the Lobo mu?
Lobo has to get in and get a knockdown. Black Adam can still run away very well and catch all of your dash-ins with b2, lightning, d1 or dive kick. I would advise safe, smart rushdown- don't just dash in blindly. Lobo can dash forward when BA back dashes and have time to think (also jump lightning, if timed right). BA's back dash recovers slower than Lobo's forward dash.
Lobo does have the safe-jump options on knockdown that avoid the Lightning Cage, but if you always dash up and safe jump, the BA is probably just going to start back dashing and then jumping back on wake up. The only time BA has to fear jumping back is when you have trait and a bar of meter- MB shots will catch his jump back, IF timed properly.
Lobo's pros: out damages BA, quick forward dash, better knockdown options
BA pros: better mobility, Low lighting/divekick/b2/d1 to catch dash ins, runaway game is still strong in this match

I've played this a lot with Chaosphere. I feel it's a pretty even match b/c of Lobo's damage and rushdown, once you're familiar with the match-up. But BA can bullshit his way to victory fairly easy. Fullscreen- BA, up close- feels even. If Lobo doesn't play the match well, BA has a strong advantage.
Lobo has mix ups but once you've seen them, pretty easy for BA to backdash out of pressure or just use dive kick to whiff punish. B1-Hookcharge works pretty well in this match, just be careful to not throw out too many non-MB Hoookcharges, you're dead if you do. BA's 11 will get you every time and then he can end his b23 combo in 1 to send you full screen. Basically, Lobo always has to come to BA. Therein can lie the challenge.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
Have any of you played a good Lex? I need help pressuring him. With his air control, counter zoning movement and trait, I feel like I'm doing nothing but blocking the whole match. Sometimes my trait will catch his, but any wins I get are from punishes. I can't control the match at all.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
Have any of you played a good Lex? I need help pressuring him. With his air control, counter zoning movement and trait, I feel like I'm doing nothing but blocking the whole match. Sometimes my trait will catch his, but any wins I get are from punishes. I can't control the match at all.
Against a good lex, it can be very difficult..Try and keep your trait out as much as possible, ba does a crap load of damage so make those punishes count, the biggest thing is making sure he doesn't get trait. If he's randomly popping trait across the screen take it away with lightning. And smother him with all of Adams plus-ness

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
I agree with @juicepouch . Play patient and WALK to Scorp. Hellfire shouldn't scare you into jumping, unless you can make a read and know he's going to do it. You'll get a dive kick punish if you read a Hellfire (just not completely full screen).
Scorp has to take the risks- not Black Adam.
Also, Adam's D2 is very effective in this match. Trust me. It will stop all of Scorp's jump attacks. Hit the lab to get the timing since Adam's D2 is quick.
Obvi, punish Spear and reg. Teleport with full combos. Use 11, 22, B2, etc. for your starter. Lab your punish starter, too. B2 works for close range spear punish, reg. Teleport you may have to use 11 or 22.
Block his attempts and let him hang himself. Avoid dashing and jumping.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
How do you guys feel about the GL and NW matchup? I have a really hard time trying to deal with their angled projectiles.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
How do you guys feel about the GL and NW matchup? I have a really hard time trying to deal with their angled projectiles.
As far as GL's air rockets, you just have to be very patient and walk in on him. Once you get close enough, you can try MB F3 to blow up his B1 attempt. Although GL could time his own MB F3 to stop you, just be aware. Generally, once you get close enough, they GL will stop the air rockets and go for B1 or F3 since he's at enough advantage after a blocked air rocket at certain ranges. If you're right in his grill, the GL is just stupid for continuing to air rocket because you can get most of your full combo punishes. You can also jump the air rockets and try for a MB dive kick, just be wary of Lantern's Might if he hits the ground before your dive kick connects. I would say walking in on him is probably the safer bet. It will force the GL to do something and provide a punish opportunity for you. There is a guessing game once you're in his B1/F3 range, that's just the match-up. Also, if you're at full screen and he's chucking air rockets- you can catch him falling down with Black Magic, the air rockets HAVE to whiff though so just try and stay completely full screen. Any block stun and he can jump up and continue to zone before BM can hit. Test it in the lab, it's at least an option for Adam.
GL can be tough for Adam. Just stay patient and force him to make a mistake. Adam can punish Lantern hard, so use that to your advantage.

NW's Wing Dings can be very frustrating. And always be aware of the NW's meter. MB wing ding will catch you if you get ansy and try to hit a button after the first hit. At certain ranges, Adam can use Palpatine hands as a reversal for normal Wing Dings (again, if he MB's them, you're hit). You can also try a very quick MB dive kick to catch him on his way down from throwing the regular wing dings, very strict timing though. Palpatine is a lot easier to hit him with. The range, I'd say, for Palpatine to be a reversal is where you're at Adam's B2 range, or closer.