What's new

Big Ass MKT Discussion

BeRB

Noob
The PC has no load time, makes playing matches a lot easier, it would make for a pretty decent standard for the game as well since it's built in PC and we'd be able to set up all types of inputs. Also, I wasn't aware you could reduce the fame rate on the PC version. If so, the MKT Enhanced would be extremely enjoyable to play, as the sound quality is much better and you'd be able to replace the slow music with the real music. And in N64 MKT, Sheeva has HK, HK, B+HP, B+HP, F+HP. Weird combo
Yes but N64 has no load time as well

Whats slamming my face into the desk gonna do for my question about whats broken?
Well, presumably your face will be broken if you do that.

Man, this thread got derailed from MKII Jax a bit, lol.

Well, for one, slamming your head into a desk will be a lot more fun and worthwhile.
BS, N64 MKT is the most fun MK game there is. Just cause there's some broken aspects doesn't mean it isn't good or fun.

Tim Static

Adminerator
BS, N64 MKT is the most fun MK game there is. Just cause there's some broken aspects doesn't mean it isn't good or fun.
Its SOOO bad and fucked up, its really a headache. I hate all things MKT, while its fun to play time to time, the fact they took a great idea, and fucking ruined it hardcore, especially the N64 port. When graphical limitations change physics in the game, etc, you know there is no where but down to go. And the differences are SO different from the PSX, its retarded.

Bottom line: We need a hack of the UMK3 jamma board, or rom, with all Trilogy characters added, minus the MK1 & MK2 (sorry Matt lol) and bosses.

So if this needs to be discussed, lets do it in a new thread. For now, back on topic

MKK hanzo

One more off topic please:

Guys beware I dont want to start a flame shit war with this but:

Havent you noticed al the great and best UMK3 players had or have their "base" at MKT n64?

Crazy Dominican, Marvin, etc.

Its like MKT n64 makes you "better" for UMK3. Maybe its the speed of the game? Look at these guys from Dominican Republic, I have NEVER seen anything like them on any MK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBdZkhU-j-o

Reflexes, zoning, reading, punishing (some faults here and there but its a tourney final so nerves count there).

Awesome IMO.

@ Shock:

Man how can one hack the framerate at the MKT PC version?? Im clueless about it!

BeRB

Noob

Havent you noticed al the great and best UMK3 players had or have their "base" at MKT n64?

Its like MKT n64 makes you "better" for UMK3. Maybe its the speed of the game? Look at these guys from Dominican Republic, I have NEVER seen anything like them on any MK:

Reflexes, zoning, reading, punishing (some faults here and there but its a tourney final so nerves count there).

Awesome IMO.

@ Shock:

Man how can one hack the framerate at the MKT PC version?? Im clueless about it!
You know there's better videos then that right? Of way better players? It is amazing.
Not including the 3on3 Combat would be fun, Tim maybe you can split these MKT Post to another topic? Don't these forums have a option to split posts?

Awesome IMO.

Agreed, I think it would improve your game because of how fast it is. Definitely looks like it takes more skill because you have to react and predict much quicker than you do in UMK3.

You know there's better videos then that right? Of way better players? It is amazing.
Not including the 3on3 Combat would be fun

Hope that was a joke. Sayaman is one of the best MKT players there is.

BeRB

Noob
Agreed, I think it would improve your game because of how fast it is. Definitely looks like it takes more skill because you have to react and predict much quicker than you do in UMK3.

Hope that was a joke. Sayaman is one of the best MKT players there is.
Nah there's two guys out in brazil that are freaking nuts! and how can you determine the best when there's no international tournament? Don't make me LAUGH! I tend to do that not doubting he's good, Ive just seen better youtube videos, I don't think its always about the players who win either, I feel shock is one of the best umk3 players even though he sometimes doesn't make first place same concept just cause sayamans out there, there's always a better player to kick him down. Same goes for shock there's always another player out there better.

Tim Static

Adminerator

Awesome IMO.
You are very very correct, however, that doesnt mean that the product is very good in the scheme of things. The effect its had on a lot of players is amazing. I wish i had learned on it too, because it was so fucked up it actually helps you lol.

I also remember paying $80 for MKT on N64 the day it came out. At that time, there was hardly ANY software for the N64 so every game that came out, was price gouged and the price was inflated tremendously lol.

But again, Pedro, you are very right but i still think the N64 MKT sucks :)

BeRB

Noob
80$ Really? I found it at the flee market soon after it came out for about 10/20$@, Ive had that copy ever since. You got jipped!

It does make total sense that good players would have a base in MKT.

But that's a little like saying every good Super Turbo player was good at Champion Edition. It might technically be true, but they're basically different versions of the same game.

Also I bought WWE Wrestlemania for something like $75 (and driving to four different stores to find one in stock the week of release) N64 games were really pricy back in the day.

MKK hanzo

Yeah Tim please split this thread BIG SORRY for derrailing it.

Not including the 3on3 Combat would be fun, Tim maybe you can split these MKT Post to another topic? Don't these forums have a option to split posts?

Nah there's two guys out in brazil that are freaking nuts! and how can you determine the best when there's no international tournament? Don't make me LAUGH! I tend to do that not doubting he's good, Ive just seen better youtube videos, I don't think its always about the players who win either, I feel shock is one of the best umk3 players even though he sometimes doesn't make first place same concept just cause sayamans out there, there's always a better player to kick him down. Same goes for shock there's always another player out there better.

Man I have talked extensively about that with the Dominican guys. Sure the Brazil guys (Marcelo mostly) can do combos in matches that look almost tool asisted but...

Those guys have still stuff to learn. They have a very faulty gameplan. I will try to describe it:

For example they always double run jab each other, when they start spamming the lp+blk glitch, one of them randomly attacks. Either a sweep or a Lk. Those attackes ARE punishable on block. They DONT punish them and repeat that stuff over and over. His rivales NEVER change their strats, that make him look better of wht he really is.

Marcelo can do killer combos but his opponents dont. For example Robson and Danniel fail basic combos like hklp, jk, tlpt xxx that is unforgivable. If both players were at the same level believe me that Marcelo WOULDNT be doing those fancy combos. He takes too much risks that a good player will not "forgive".

He has good execution but lacks "evil intent" in his natches. He depends on brute force and damage to win and if their opponents arent up to him, you will only see a combo exhibition (and he knows it). Its just the same when we see matches from Ded (lol joking ded I love ya). If they dont adapt to him then the question remains: can he adapt to good players as well? My bet is on Dominican Republic.

Look at these vids for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsp2U14lEeI

http://www.youtube.com/user/JJRF24

He (Juan Nightwolf) has won the last 2 tourneys on Rep. Dom. In the last one (this december 26th) he won withouth losing a single match. Imagine that with Sayaman, Evolution, Matrix, El Menol, Millagy and all those beast there. Thats guy is IMO simply the best.

I dont want to take off the Brazilian players, I may pay a visit to them sometime cause its relatively close of my country and I might get my ass whopped but still I think that the best MKT players in the world are Dominicans.

BeRB

Noob
I wasn't talking about Marcelo? You're examining two players and not overall skill. I don't see there being one player who is better then everyone else, Because he's only good for that moment, Give it a week or more and someone else could be the best.

So there is no best there are good players. I don't feel classing Dominicans Americans and Brazilians into which area has the best is a bad idea as well cause we have some of the strongest players I have seen, And they have some of the strongest and seeing as we cant play each other you can't say one is better then the other.

MKK hanzo

I wasn't talking about Marcelo? You're examining two players and not overall skill. I don't see there being one player who is better then everyone else, Because he's only good for that moment, Give it a week or more and someone else could be the best.

So there is no best there are good players. I don't feel classing Dominicans Americans and Brazilians into which area has the best is a bad idea as well cause we have some of the strongest players I have seen, And they have some of the strongest and seeing as we cant play each other you can't say one is better then the other.
So be it bro.

Happy new year everyone im off to take some drinks with the family (lol more off topic)

MKK hanzo

Have a good one, Remember don't go to stand up and fall over.
hahahah im in the office right now and semi drunk but happy. A big hug to everyone here in the umk comunnity (no homo except for tim and ded, full homo mode: on) hahahaha joking

take care guys