What's new

Big Ass MKT Discussion

BeRB

Noob
I still think MKT, Should be played more with some banned things in tournies, Maybe i just had a better time with MKT Then most to even think that but this threads not about that just thought i should mention since i saw MKT, banned aggressor mode etc make it happen!

ded

Elder God
This is in my opinion which things should be banned to play the PSX Greatest Hits and PC Final (Win) versions on tourneys:

1. 1 Button Combos
2. Aggressor
3. Bosses
4. Noob Saibot
5. Rain
6. Chameleon (spoke with Shock about it)
7*. 53 FPS Limit on PSX Version via Emulator
8*. Shang Tsung Limited Morph (PSX only)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Ban autocombos? wtf?

And Chameleon is the Male Ninja one right? If so, then ok lol

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
A lot of players seem to think Rain isn't ban worthy, until I show them why he's ban worthy. There's a huge gap in competitive play where people knew how broken he was, and then don't. The Lightening itself is pretty damn broken and spammable. He wouldn't be so broken if the stupid RH had a better limitation. I think PSX MKT is a playable game with the rules in place ded_ mentioned.

BeRB

Noob
Yea but ded is there a way to actually limit the morphs on PSX? I've never seen it? I don't know, I think there should be banned morphs def however like noob/cha/bosses. But i think UMKT was really fun regardless of how much crap it gets. I have seen competitive UMKT Play shock and you're absolutely right about it, I actually have a video somewhere

This isn't it, But i notice how you can't get around it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkOQIW5pNeQ

This guy plays rain:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsp2U14lEeI
Skip to 1:58, In the video and just watch the damage add up.

and this video about 40/50 secs in(this video shows off the bullshit a bit better when he starts fighting jax):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRegNiALK_Y

Also we went from Jax to MKT, Amazing how we work! <3

BeRB

Noob
How did we get talking about Rain on here? lost in the MKII Jax thread :confused:
Tim: MKII Jax in MKT = Supreme Corner Rape
Everyone started talking about him in MKT then
Berb: I think MKT was fun, then it went to MKT full time! :lol:

MKT on PS1 had really long load times, Anyway to hack some sticks for N64? haven't really seen this done. There are diagrams for it.

http://slagcoin.com/joystick/pcb_diagrams/n64_diagram1.jpg

I mean i have seen a couple sticks on youtube but nothing really showing it off http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlZkKss2yxc

And nothing detailing if it can be common.

Yup, you can easily hack an N64 pad into a stick.

I'm pretty sure you live here in CBus, I could even do it for you.

And yes, it's a common ground board.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter

LuckyDay, speaking of hacking, we might have some work for you in the near future. It's heavy duty but we would take care of all the shipping and parts and pay you kindly for your time. I'll be in contact with you soon.

Sure, let me know. I'm going to be taking a couple of days off for mods and projects now that the new year is coming and I have PTO to spend.

BeRB

Noob

Yes i do live in columbus area!, What all would you need? N64 Pad, Happ Buttons and Stick what else? Id love to have a n64 stick cause, I'm always playing MKT On it mostly the cpu don't have many friends but i enjoy the game so much

Yeah, just a pad and stick.

You can pm me.

Also, check out our CBus thread on SRK and get to know everyone over there.

http://shoryuken.com/f21/columbus-oh-its-not-cbuss-fault-sucks-its-every-one-elses-being-better-205738/

We have weekly fight nights down near campus where we play SF, UMK3, Tekken, Marvel, crazy old Neo Geo stuff, and all sorts of things.

We have a decent amount of UMK3 players, and you could probably convince people to play MKT every once in a while as well.

I'm in the SRK CBus IRC chat a lot also or my AIM is XsuckitX

Tim Static

Adminerator
Yes i do live in columbus area!, What all would you need? N64 Pad, Happ Buttons and Stick what else? Id love to have a n64 stick cause, I'm always playing MKT On it mostly the cpu don't have many friends but i enjoy the game so much
OHHHH SHIT. Columbus in the house.

All we need now is to hook up a N64 to my cab and this shit is on fire.

:rolleyes:

BeRB

Noob
Please do! I used to have my Cab of MKT n64 and PSX. But a PC one would be nuts. BTW my MKT PC versions runs like in turbo speed! Why?
Ded already pointed out why Hanzo lock your framerate!
N64 Should already do this at 50fps regardless! Does in project64 anyways!

Let's make a PC MKT cab
That would be amazing to see with its own art etc, I just wanna get me some MKT Sticks going for N64, I have two n64 controllers ones a spare, I can probably donate if anyone needs one for cab they would just have to pick it up

MKK hanzo

Ded already pointed out why Hanzo lock your framerate!
N64 Should already do this at 50fps regardless! Does in project64 anyways!
how do I lock the fps on the PC version?

That would be amazing to see with its own art etc, I just wanna get me some MKT Sticks going for N64, I have two n64 controllers ones a spare, I can probably donate if anyone needs one for cab they would just have to pick it up
I always dream with dedicated cabs of MKT, Gold, MKDA, MKD, MKA and MKDC lol. They look beautifull on my dreams hahahahahaha

HP, HP, HP, LP, B+HP
and
LK, LK, LK, HK, LK, B+HK

The reason why I asked is because many of the old listings don't have the Baraka combo, and actually, many don't even have the Stryker 4 hit combo that's been there since MK3.
talking of "non listed combos"

Did anyone have seen the Sheeva MKT 64 only HK HK HP HP? (Or was it HkHk D+Lp B+Hp? wow cloudy memory)

BeRB

Noob
how do I lock the fps on the PC version?

I always dream with dedicated cabs of MKT, Gold, MKDA, MKD, MKA and MKDC lol. They look beautifull on my dreams hahahahahaha

talking of "non listed combos"

Did anyone have seen the Sheeva MKT 64 only HK HK HP HP? (Or was it HkHk D+Lp B+Hp? wow cloudy memory)
There's a PC Version? Wow had no idea, No idea you're better off using a emulator. I suggest using ProjectN64 I can help people set it up.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The PC has no load time, makes playing matches a lot easier, it would make for a pretty decent standard for the game as well since it's built in PC and we'd be able to set up all types of inputs. Also, I wasn't aware you could reduce the fame rate on the PC version. If so, the MKT Enhanced would be extremely enjoyable to play, as the sound quality is much better and you'd be able to replace the slow music with the real music. And in N64 MKT, Sheeva has HK, HK, B+HP, B+HP, F+HP. Weird combo