What's new

Best way to get Skins (That I've found)

I don’t even want all of the skins, I just want the Shao Kahn skins lol. I wish there was a better way of focusing on one character. The character towers should be more than 5 levels. We should be able to unlock all of the characters stuff through their towers.
I was with you at first until the last bit. We should get it by playing in general wherever it be online, in towers, etc. That way regardless of your preferred method of playing everyone gets skins.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I'm at the point where I've completed all character towers for my mains, traded a whole bunch of stuff with Kollector, opened the whole Krypt three or four times over, played like 700 towers, almost 200 AI Battles and still I'm missing half the stuff in the game.

Nothing gives me stuff anymore except the Shrine (and from what I hear it's gonna dry up soon too) and the random ToT I haven't done already. And the thing that pisses me off the most is that it's all so random, I have no way to get the few skins or gear pieces I really want.

This is just bad, not even the worst looter shooter could get away with something like it.
I completely agree.
Hope @16bit is listening!

Another thing that could make things easier is to add a fast forward button to Towers Of Time when using AI fighter.
Also add an auto continue button for the entire tower so if we are doing a tower if time with AI vs AI the computer automatically continues up the tower platforms without the need for me to press continue several times between each match. Since its a grindfest I'd like thanks like that so I can go smoke or do other things while I'm forced to do IA battles or Towers.

The best thing they can do is give us Hearts, Souls and Koins and Skins when playing online even when we lose for example:
Wins get you:
  • 2 Skin and 2 gear
  • 6 hearts/15 souls/800 koins for each mercy(both players)
  • 10 hearts/30 Souls/1000koins for Fatality
  • 20 hearts/60 souls/2000 koins for brutality
For losses you get:
  • 1 gear piece
  • 6 hearts/15 souls/800 Koins for each mercy
Just getting more stuff for playing real players would be awesome and having skins tied to Online modes would be great, have the option for PVP and PVE rewards.

Last edited:

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I was with you at first until the last bit. We should get it by playing in general wherever it be online, in towers, etc. That way regardless of your preferred method of playing everyone gets skins.
I feel that. The character towers were the only character specific mission I could think of within the game already. I like the idea of leveling up each character individually and unlocking a skin at every new level. There are enough of them lol. Instead of the generic “overall” level up bar each can get their own. Earn xp by playing the character anywhere. If I’m a level 1 scarlet then I don’t deserve any skins nor are they the ones I’m looking for.

Suntory

Suntory
There are multiple ways to get skins in MK11 including:
  • Towers Of Time (Character Specific and Random) also slow AF.
  • Towers Of Time Character Tower(Cost 25k Koins & 50 Souls) only gives one skin per character each time.
  • Krypt by opening random chests above 10k koin cost(not the best way)
  • Krypt Shrine(100k Koins per skin) (75k for gear). Expensive but effective. But requires you to grind TOT for currency.
  • AI fights (can get 5-10 skins per day if you win each fight) set Noob up with 30 Kombos and 10 on the other top 3.
  • Pay with money for random skins that cost $5 a pop.
The best way I found so far:

Krypt Kollector Trade: he offers skins for inexpensive items found in krypt and dropped from towers. The best way I've gotten skins from him is to make sure he isn't there in his place in the krypt. Yes you heard me right. He must not be there for this to work. You Must Have "Kollector Koins" go to his spot and spend a Kollector Koin to make him appear. Every 60 seconds when Kollector Koin wears off
You can reSummon Kollector to trade again. As long as you have the Koins to summon him its an easy inexpensive way to get skins. You may not have the required materials needed but that's bound to happen. Hope this helps! We need all the help we can get with how grindy MK11 is to get skins between grinding AI battles, Krypt random loot and Towers Of Time for a few skins or dumping millions of Koins into the Shrine.

Also in Kombat kard on front screen you can claim rewards over and over getting 1000 Koins per reward(its a glitch) gives same rewards on loop, nice to get koins for Shrine but still Grindy.

If anyone has better ways please post below!
I got 320k this morning doing that kombat card glitch lol

Lokheit

Noob
Honestly, it would've been much better to just have 6 skins per character and unlock the 20 color shadders (basically right now, the first top 3 skins share 10 color palettes, the other 3 share other 10 palettes, an incredibly cheap way to introduce fake progression and force grinding by transforming 26 items into 60). This would also let you use some colors for each group of skins that you currently can't (for example I love the cyan color palette for Subbie, but he can't use it on his top 3 group of skins).

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
I don’t even want all of the skins, I just want the Shao Kahn skins lol. I wish there was a better way of focusing on one character. The character towers should be more than 5 levels. We should be able to unlock all of the characters stuff through their towers.
That is a very good tip I'll start doing that. I thought you had to wait for a while to get him to appear and disappear?
I wouldn't call it a waist since that's what Kollector Koins are used for but that's for the tip.
yea as further you go with his stuff the muc
Yeah, once you've traded all the Kollector items in he no longer has anything to give you. Right now I'm getting all my skins in Ai battles (soon I will have all those) and spending 100,000 Koins at the shrine.
i got like 3 or 4 left 1 out 5 ai battle i get

It’s be Shao khan all week this week :)

Gaxkang

Banned
Do you know how to forge more Kollector Koins or acquire more. They are so good. Maybe we can build a guide for Kollector Trade Items needed. I'm trying to get Jax Skins but I don't have Broken Nightstick... Oh well maybe there are recipes?
I don't think there are forge recipes for Kollector items...you either get them randomly in the Krypt, I also heard people saying that some Kollector items are in the towers of time but mislabeled as konsumables.

Only forge recipes are what's around already I suppose:

GEAR RECIPES

Johnny Cage Buckle – Licensed to Fight
Gold Ore + Remnants of a Broken Trophy + Krypt Spider Silk
(20,000 Koins & 540 Souls)

Scorpion Spear – Kunai of Hisso
Taven’s Sword + Netherrealm Magma + Necromantic Runestone
(20,000 Koins, 500 Souls, & 8 Hearts)

Erron Black Pistol – Pronghorn & White-Tail
Handful of Flux + Rusty Antique Six Shooter + Tygorr Hide
(20,000 Koins, 520 Souls, & 4 Hearts)

Kollector Satchel – Oni Scrotebag
Krypt Spider Silk + Tygorr Hide + Torn Sack

Kitana Warfan – Winds of Destiny
Essence of Edenian Magic + Sindel’s Brush + Serpent Scales

Liu Kang Nunchaku – Rods of Penitence
Element of Order + Leather Strips + Zombie Chains
(20,400 Koins & 520 Souls)

Geras Sand Battery – Chaotian Era Chaos
Dregs of the Hourglass + Element of Order + Stabilized Chaos
(20,400 Koins, 500 Souls, & 4 Hearts)

Shao Kahn Wrath Hammer – Intimidator
Dragon King’s Heart + Meteorite Dust + Netherrealm Magma

Cetrion Living Tendril – Space Odysseae
Ageless Ironbark + Elder God’s Spark + Grave Soil

D’Vorah Swarm – Darkling Weevils
Grotesque Mutated Larva + Zateran Venom Sac + Ground Bone Dust

Jacqui Left Gauntlet – Left Hot Shottie
Busted Black Market Gauntlet + Charged Capacitors + Motherboard

Sonya K.A.T Turret – Hunter Killer
Antique Training Manual + Circuitry Bundle + Frayed Wiring

Frost Frozen Core – Wintermeter 9000
Depowered Tekunin Core + Circuitry Bundle + Powered Core

Skarlet Blood Vial – Outworld Warrior Extract
Empty Shattered Vial + Coagulated Vampire Blood + Ground Bone Dust

Kotal Kahn Macana – Noble Kahn’s Lynx Macana
Outworld Steel + Splintered Machauthitl + Stabilized Chaos

Jade Mask – Mistress of Bojutsu
Mileena’s Veil + Krypt Spider Silk + Essence of Edenian Magic
(20,000 Koins & 540 Souls)

Baraka Head Gear – Warrior’s Barbarous Face
Battleworn Helmet + Distilled Tarkatan Rage + Leather Strips

Cassie Cage Pistol – Shadow Ops No-Serial Pistol
Copper Plating + Disassembled Old Pistol + Outworld Steel

Noob Saibot Shadow – Cleft of the One Being
Obsidian Shard + Stabilized Chaos + Drahmin’s Mask

Kung Lao Razer Hat – Eager Partner
Elder God’s Spark + Element of Order + Ill Fitting Dull Bladed Hat
(20,800 Koins & 500 Souls)

Raiden Medallion – Maelstrom Bringer
Magically Sealed Amulet + Elder God’s Spark + Bottled Thunder
()

Kabal Hook Swords – Trip, Catch, Slash
Bent Hook Swords + Copper Plating + Cordite
(20,800 Koins & 500 Souls)

Kano Cybernetic Heart – Dragon Stalker
Disabled Cybernetic Heart + Frayed Wiring + Synthetic Fiber
()

TRANSMUTE RECIPES

Transmute Koins – 5000 Koins
Gold Ore + Gold Ore + Copper Plating

Transmute Souls – 250 Souls
Lost Soul Essence + Lost Soul Essence + Necromantic Runestone

Transmute Hearts – 50 Hearts
Coagulated Vampire Blood + Coagulated Vampire Blood + Essence of Order

That is a very good tip I'll start doing that. I thought you had to wait for a while to get him to appear and disappear?
I wouldn't call it a waist since that's what Kollector Koins are used for but that's for the tip.
Leaving the Krypt and entering again right away won't increase time to skip waiting for the Kollector to appear, but the few hours he's around I guess you can yeah exit out and in in front of him to refresh his inventory.

Afumba

Noob
I don't think there are forge recipes for Kollector items...you either get them randomly in the Krypt, I also heard people saying that some Kollector items are in the towers of time but mislabeled as konsumables.

Only forge recipes are what's around already I suppose:

Leaving the Krypt and entering again right away won't increase time to skip waiting for the Kollector to appear, but the few hours he's around I guess you can yeah exit out and in in front of him to refresh his inventory.
This list is missing some gear recipes. Currently there should be 26 gear piece recipes that peoples have found (1 for each character, two for scorpion).

There are multiple ways to get skins in MK11 including:
  • Towers Of Time (Character Specific and Random) also slow AF.
  • Towers Of Time Character Tower(Cost 25k Koins & 50 Souls) only gives one skin per character each time.
  • Krypt by opening random chests above 10k koin cost(not the best way)
  • Krypt Shrine(100k Koins per skin) (75k for gear). Expensive but effective. But requires you to grind TOT for currency.
  • AI fights (can get 5-10 skins per day if you win each fight) set Noob up with 30 Kombos and 10 on the other top 3.
  • Pay with money for random skins that cost $5 a pop.
The best way I found so far:

Krypt Kollector Trade: he offers skins for inexpensive items found in krypt and dropped from towers. The best way I've gotten skins from him is to make sure he isn't there in his place in the krypt. Yes you heard me right. He must not be there for this to work. You Must Have "Kollector Koins" go to his spot and spend a Kollector Koin to make him appear. Every 60 seconds when Kollector Koin wears off
You can reSummon Kollector to trade again. As long as you have the Koins to summon him its an easy inexpensive way to get skins. You may not have the required materials needed but that's bound to happen. Hope this helps! We need all the help we can get with how grindy MK11 is to get skins between grinding AI battles, Krypt random loot and Towers Of Time for a few skins or dumping millions of Koins into the Shrine.

Also in Kombat kard on front screen you can claim rewards over and over getting 1000 Koins per reward(its a glitch) gives same rewards on loop, nice to get koins for Shrine but still Grindy.

If anyone has better ways please post below!
if just not all of this methods were capped... i get no skins and gear out of chests anymore.

LawAbidingCitizen

Damn I never saw that
On front page in your Kombat card there is a claim rewards button. Do that. There is a glitch that allows you to reclaim the same rewards over and over. Mine was story mode reward 11, 23, 31
I was getting 1000 Koins for each, same skins every time though.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I rotate between these methods:
  • Kollector Koins
  • Refilling chests to get the green thingies with souls, they give a ton of skins and gear
  • Once I run out of souls, I spend my koins at 100k a pop at the Shrine
  • I also go into the AI battle to get some, I can get 4-5 skins after not checking it for a few days if I'm lucky.
  • And of course, letting my AI run through character towers for every character

LawAbidingCitizen

I rotate between these methods:
  • Kollector Koins
  • Refilling chests to get the green thingies with souls, they give a ton of skins and gear
  • Once I run out of souls, I spend my koins at 100k a pop at the Shrine
  • I also go into the AI battle to get some, I can get 4-5 skins after not checking it for a few days if I'm lucky.
  • And of course, letting my AI run through character towers for every character
I wish they would add an auto play button so I can set the AI on TOT to auto play each level if the tower without me having to press continue.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I seem to have hit the “soft cap” I’ve heard about. I often just get currency rewards for my AI battles instead of skins now. And sometimes I even get augments in the shrine when spending 100k. It makes me fucking livid, considering I still have probably over half the skins remaining.

I seem to have hit the “soft cap” I’ve heard about. I often just get currency rewards for my AI battles instead of skins now. And sometimes I even get augments in the shrine when spending 100k. It makes me fucking livid, considering I still have probably over half the skins remaining.
At this point I'm not even sure it's possible to get all 30 of something in the game. I want like five gear peace's (the maskless characters) and that's about it, lol, but all I seem to get are Kano eyes (a character I've played about twice).

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
-The Kollector appears between 4 and 8 o'clock Krypt time and only sells a small, predetermined pool of cosmetics.
If you exit the Krypt and go back to Kollector repeatedly, he has a new batch of stuff every time. It's absolutely not a small pool. Every time he's there, I get at least 5 or 6 skins I didn't have previously. It all depends on how much time I want to waste going in and out of the Krypt (even though it only takes about 20 seconds or so each time).

LawAbidingCitizen

I think Kombat League will give you most of the remaining at least we can hope.
Wait what...? Really?
Yes it is Story mode completion reward 11, 31 and 35 for me.

kantboy-2

Ripper
At this point I'm not even sure it's possible to get all 30 of something in the game. I want like five gear peace's (the maskless characters) and that's about it, lol, but all I seem to get are Kano eyes (a character I've played about twice).
I want those Kano eyes, you can have all the Erron Black & Skarlet gear you want.

I have a Kano eye held hostage by A.I. battle and now I get the soft cap wall giving me Shang Tsung skins, augments and 5 hearts, yay. The only reason I still play that insuferable mode is for that 1 piece.

The rest of the pieces are tied to ToT towers I have never seen in all the time I've had with the game; and I've done all the Kano towers there are.

This fucking game...

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I think Kombat League will give you most of the remaining at least we can hope
I’m specifically trying for one single skin, which says Krypt unlock. Been wanting it since day one. I’m guessing the shrine is the only thing left since I only get trash from chests now. But now I’m even getting trash when donating 100k sometimes. It’s pissing me off. And still a ton of “Krypt” and “AI Battle” skins to be unlocked. So it’s very annoying that my rewards seem to have significantly decreased all of a sudden, when I still have so many left in each mode.

Syd Barrett Lives

Italian Psychopath
I’m specifically trying for one single skin, which says Krypt unlock. Been wanting it since day one. I’m guessing the shrine is the only thing left since I only get trash from chests now. But now I’m even getting trash when donating 100k sometimes. It’s pissing me off. And still a ton of “Krypt” and “AI Battle” skins to be unlocked. So it’s very annoying that my rewards seem to have significantly decreased all of a sudden, when I still have so many left in each mode.

I'm in the same boat, it's just infuriatingly stupid bad design. And when finally you manage to get a skin it's always a random drop for a character you'll probably never use.

I've said it since day one, this is bullshit. You sell a game marketed on customization, player agancy and no loot boxes whatsoever. A full priced fighting game with cosmetic stuff at that, so nothing that matters on gameplay.
Then at release we find out all this stuff is locked behind overlong grinds (at least they patched the absurd launch ToT and heads requirements), every aspect of it is completely random and after a month all the unlocks are capped with half the stuff still locked. Wow.

I'm telling you, if EA did it in a looter shooter people would be going for their pitchforks.