What's new

Best way to get Skins (That I've found)

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
There are multiple ways to get skins in MK11 including:
  • Towers Of Time (Character Specific and Random) also slow AF.
  • Towers Of Time Character Tower(Cost 25k Koins & 50 Souls) only gives one skin per character each time.
  • Krypt by opening random chests above 10k koin cost(not the best way)
  • Krypt Shrine(100k Koins per skin) (75k for gear). Expensive but effective. But requires you to grind TOT for currency.
  • AI fights (can get 5-10 skins per day if you win each fight) set Noob up with 30 Kombos and 10 on the other top 3.
  • Pay with money for random skins that cost $5 a pop.
The best way I found so far:

Krypt Kollector Trade: he offers skins for inexpensive items found in krypt and dropped from towers. The best way I've gotten skins from him is to make sure he isn't there in his place in the krypt. Yes you heard me right. He must not be there for this to work. You Must Have "Kollector Koins" go to his spot and spend a Kollector Koin to make him appear. Every 60 seconds when Kollector Koin wears off
You can reSummon Kollector to trade again. As long as you have the Koins to summon him its an easy inexpensive way to get skins. You may not have the required materials needed but that's bound to happen. Hope this helps! We need all the help we can get with how grindy MK11 is to get skins between grinding AI battles, Krypt random loot and Towers Of Time for a few skins or dumping millions of Koins into the Shrine.

Also in Kombat kard on front screen you can claim rewards over and over getting 1000 Koins per reward(its a glitch) gives same rewards on loop, nice to get koins for Shrine but still Grindy.

If anyone has better ways please post below!

Gaxkang

Banned
Yeah I have gotten several skins easily from just summoning the Kollector, since I have had several summon koins.

Some of the Kollector items tho I dunno where they might be...like I was wanting Jonny Cage's rings hand gear but I dunno where to get the item for that. If it's just a random Krypt item or what heh.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
There are multiple ways to get skins in MK11 including:
  • Towers Of Time (Character Specific and Random) also slow AF.
  • Towers Of Time Character Tower(Cost 25k Koins & 50 Souls) only gives one skin per character each time.
  • Krypt by opening random chests above 10k koin cost(not the best way)
  • Krypt Shrine(100k Koins per skin) (75k for gear). Expensive but effective. But requires you to grind TOT for currency.
  • AI fights (can get 5-10 skins per day if you win each fight) set Noob up with 30 Kombos and 10 on the other top 3.
  • Pay with money for random skins that cost $5 a pop.
The best way I found so far:

Krypt Kollector Trade: he offers skins for inexpensive items found in krypt and dropped from towers. The best way I've gotten skins from him is to make sure he isn't there in his place in the krypt. Yes you heard me right. He must not be there for this to work. You Must Have "Kollector Koins" go to his spot and spend a Kollector Koin to make him appear. Every 60 seconds when Kollector Koin wears off
You can reSummon Kollector to trade again. As long as you have the Koins to summon him its an easy inexpensive way to get skins. You may not have the required materials needed but that's bound to happen. Hope this helps! We need all the help we can get with how grindy MK11 is to get skins between grinding AI battles, Krypt random loot and Towers Of Time for a few skins or dumping millions of Koins into the Shrine.

Also in Kombat kard on front screen you can claim rewards over and over getting 1000 Koins per reward(its a glitch) gives same rewards on loop, nice to get koins for Shrine but still Grindy.

If anyone has better ways please post below!
The Kollector definitely works, I've tested this as well. Skins and there also seems to be consistently better loot in general with the koin. Only thing that sucks is making sure you have the item that's needed to trade with him.

LawAbidingCitizen

Yeah I have gotten several skins easily from just summoning the Kollector, since I have had several summon koins.

Some of the Kollector items tho I dunno where they might be...like I was wanting Jonny Cage's rings hand gear but I dunno where to get the item for that. If it's just a random Krypt item or what heh.
Do you know how to forge more Kollector Koins or acquire more. They are so good. Maybe we can build a guide for Kollector Trade Items needed. I'm trying to get Jax Skins but I don't have Broken Nightstick... Oh well maybe there are recipes?

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Some insight.

-Each stage of a character tower offers 2 skins, not one.
-You cannot spend real money on cosmetics.
-The Kollector appears between 4 and 8 o'clock Krypt time and only sells a small, predetermined pool of cosmetics.
-Kronika Vaults spawns once every 1.5 hours in real time, and can even give items traditionally found only in the shrine.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Some insight.

-The Kollector appears between 4 and 8 o'clock Krypt time and only sells a small, predetermined pool of cosmetics.
-Kronika Vaults spawns once every 1.5 hours in real time, and can even give items traditionally found only in the shrine.
Not directly, but you absolutely can spend real money on time crystals for skins in the store rotation.

LawAbidingCitizen

Each stage of a character tower offers 2 skins, not one.
Yes you are correct but I feel this method is very slow.
You cannot spend real money on cosmetics.
You actually can, you buy 500 time crystals for $5 and 500 time crystals = 1 skin.
The Kollector appears between 4 and 8 o'clock Krypt time and only sells a small, predetermined pool of cosmetics.
Yes correct but if you come when he isn't there you can respawn him over and over with Kollector Koins by trading him items only he would want. Good info though.

Kronika Vaults spawns once every 1.5 hours in real time, and can even give items traditionally found only in the shrine.
Yeah those sand vaults give good loot. I forgot to mention them. That's for adding that insight.

Some insight.

I just exit out of the krypt to the main screens and come back and the kollector offers you a different set of things then before

Lokheit

Noob
Thing is, tower skins and kollector skins plus specific set chest sjins, aren't random, if you want to get a particular one you can't just farm one method. Each tower gives always the same skin, each kollector item is for one specific trade.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I'm 100% shocked that NRS didn't allow actual koins to be purchased instead of just time crystals. The shrine is basically the random loot chest version in this game.

Ayx

Omnipresent
I'm 100% shocked that NRS didn't allow actual koins to be purchased instead of just time crystals. The shrine is basically the random loot chest version in this game.
Were you not here Day 1 when the out rage by casuals was SO bad about the krypt being "microtransaction hell" and "NRS making a loot box game in the krypt" (this was before ppl even cared about the shrine mind you) that they had to make a kombat kast exclusively to address all the pitchforks raised about it. and that's without even allowing to buy currency. can you imagine the rage if they did allow it?

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Were you not here Day 1 when the out rage by casuals was SO bad about the krypt being "microtransaction hell" and "NRS making a loot box game in the krypt" (this was before ppl even cared about the shrine mind you) that they had to make a kombat kast exclusively to address all the pitchforks raised about it. and that's without even allowing to buy currency. can you imagine the rage if they did allow it?
Wasn't aware of any of this until reading your post. I can understand why, no doubt. It's shameless, but we've seen it in so many other games.

Bottom line, no one wins. People complain there's not enough variety in rotation and too much grind, or they complain about microtransactions being exploitive.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Yes you are correct but I feel this method is very slow.

You actually can, you buy 500 time crystals for $5 and 500 time crystals = 1 skin.

Yes correct but if you come when he isn't there you can respawn him over and over with Kollector Koins by trading him items only he would want. Good info though.

Yeah those sand vaults give good loot. I forgot to mention them. That's for adding that insight.
Instead of wasting Kollector Koins just find him when he's there naturally. You can enter and exit the Krypt over again to reset his stock

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Thing is, tower skins and kollector skins plus specific set chest sjins, aren't random, if you want to get a particular one you can't just farm one method. Each tower gives always the same skin, each kollector item is for one specific trade.
Yeah, once you've traded all the Kollector items in he no longer has anything to give you. Right now I'm getting all my skins in Ai battles (soon I will have all those) and spending 100,000 Koins at the shrine.

LawAbidingCitizen

Instead of wasting Kollector Koins just find him when he's there naturally. You can enter and exit the Krypt over again to reset his stock
That is a very good tip I'll start doing that. I thought you had to wait for a while to get him to appear and disappear?
I wouldn't call it a waist since that's what Kollector Koins are used for but that's for the tip.

LawAbidingCitizen

Im at the point where 100k skins and TOT that pop up ,, Spheres dont even get my stuff:(
Yeah, once you've traded all the Kollector items in he no longer has anything to give you. Right now I'm getting all my skins in Ai battles (soon I will have all those) and spending 100,000 Koins at the shrine.
It seems that everyone is at the point if no return where its extremely grindy to get skins. Shrine, TOT and AI battles are the only options left.

I really hope Kombat League offers good skins and replaces the grindy options. At least then we could play others to get our currency and skins.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I haven't tried it extensively, but it really does seem like the koin makes better items appear with less duplicates. I think the most I've seen at once was one, whereas if he appears naturally it's flip flopped with one that I don't have yet.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
It seems that everyone is at the point if no return where its extremely grindy to get skins. Shrine, TOT and AI battles are the only options left.

I really hope Kombat League offers good skins and replaces the grindy options. At least then we could play others to get our currency and skins.
yea i think each charcter will have ranked set of skins to get. My prediction.

Lokheit

Noob

I hope there are NOT skins exclusive to kombat league (and if they give skins, they will be exclusive as each skin is available at only one part of the game).

Btw, filling all chests in the krypt and then opening only soul jars gives a fair amount of cool stuff, but diminishing returns kicks in at half the total or so. It still saves you some koins.

Running every krypt hour around the map searching for kronika vaults saves money too, but is time consuming.

kantboy-2

Ripper
You should be able to manually reset items in the Kollector/Premium shops without having to wait the padded time to keep us coming back.

You should be able to pay for items with koins,souls and hearts, not just time krystals.

A.I. battles should give out skin/gear rewards whether you win or lose. They already cap it at 5 rewards 0er day for Grodd's sake.

I want to have Kano with all gear/skins before all the fucking DLC makes completion a mess.

I love the fighting, but the piecemeal way of getting the gear/skins they forgot to mention during all those fucking kombat kasts where they sold the shit out of them is REALLY making me hate NRS and the MK brand as a whole.

Syd Barrett Lives

Italian Psychopath
I'm at the point where I've completed all character towers for my mains, traded a whole bunch of stuff with Kollector, opened the whole Krypt three or four times over, played like 700 towers, almost 200 AI Battles and still I'm missing half the stuff in the game.

Nothing gives me stuff anymore except the Shrine (and from what I hear it's gonna dry up soon too) and the random ToT I haven't done already. And the thing that pisses me off the most is that it's all so random, I have no way to get the few skins or gear pieces I really want.

This is just bad, not even the worst looter shooter could get away with something like it.