What's new

Best Strings in the Game?

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Of the characters I've dabbled with, I would say Atrocitus' and Scarecrow's forward advancing shit ain't getting enough credit, Bane's armored f2 and it's followups deserve at least honorable mention, and literally all of Darkseid's strings except b1u3 could be deleted from the game and he would still play the exact same lol.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Of the characters I've dabbled with, I would say Atrocitus' and Scarecrow's forward advancing shit ain't getting enough credit, Bane's armored f2 and it's followups deserve at least honorable mention, and literally all of Darkseid's strings except b1u3 could be deleted from the game and he would still play the exact same lol.
-Most of Scarecrow’s forward advancing strings are powerful because they can be cancelled into corresponding special moves for combos or block pressure
-Atros’ strings are rock solid but most don’t lead to much damage unless hit-conned into mb puddle
-Bane f2 is horribly risky(and launches full screen after hit/is hella unsafe),
f2d is great but slow af unless armored(as you mentioned)
-Darkseid 223 is decent, it has a gap accompanied with at least useful range(something DS struggles with)

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
-Most of Scarecrow’s forward advancing strings are powerful because they can be cancelled into corresponding special moves for combos or block pressure
-Atros’ strings are rock solid but most don’t lead to much damage unless hit-conned into mb puddle
-Bane f2 is horribly risky(and launches full screen after hit/is hella unsafe),
f2d is great but slow af unless armored(as you mentioned)
-Darkseid 223 is decent, it has a gap accompanied with at least useful range(something DS struggles with)
Oh I totally agree that the specials are what make the strings so good but isn't that kind of the point? What's f23 without breath, after all?

I don't think a discussion about strings by themselves, in a vacuum, without any consideration as to how they complement the rest of a character's toolset, primary gameplay strategy, etc. would provide all that much value.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Oh I totally agree that the specials are what make the strings so good but isn't that kind of the point? What's f23 without breath, after all?

I don't think a discussion about strings by themselves, in a vacuum, without any consideration as to how they complement the rest of a character's toolset, primary gameplay strategy, etc. would provide all that much value.
Ok, then Scarecrow’s strings MUST be mentioned.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
no one mentioned lanterns b1 strings? those are pretty damn good too.
I did along with a few others.

I don't think it's as good as the very best in the game, but it's very useful.

Incredible range, one of the best trip guarding moves in the game, and though b1 is punishable, it almost never is because everyone waits on the rest of the string and staggering it catches a lot of back dashes. It also breaks some other character's tools like atro with dexstar out.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I did along with a few others.

I don't think it's as good as the very best in the game, but it's very useful.

Incredible range, one of the best trip guarding moves in the game, and though b1 is punishable, it almost never is because everyone waits on the rest of the string and staggering it catches a lot of back dashes. It also breaks some other character's tools like atro with dexstar out.
yeah about that, how does it break attrocitus dex starr?

Cashual

yeah about that, how does it break attrocitus dex starr?
Break is maybe too strong but what happens is that when atro does unsafe shit in the corner and usually uses a dexstar projectile to keep him safe and continue pressure into another mixup/continued pressure, the hitbox and hurtbox of gl moves down and forward and the dexstar projectile whiffs on gl and he can full combo punish atro when most characters have to hold the next string or push block.

So maybe not break but severely limits atro and his gameplan with trait out.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Break is maybe too strong but what happens is that when atro does unsafe shit in the corner and usually uses a dexstar projectile to keep him safe and continue pressure into another mixup/continued pressure, the hitbox and hurtbox of gl moves down and forward and the dexstar projectile whiffs on gl and he can full combo punish atro when most characters have to hold the next string or push block.

So maybe not break but severely limits atro and his gameplan with trait out.
Why wouldnt Atro use trait shield then?

Cashual

I meant with using b13 after a atro string or puddle. The dexstar projectile goes behind gl when he does b1 allowing gl to punish atro for his corner pressure and trait shenanigans

Cashual

Why wouldnt Atro use trait shield then?
Dude I'm not talking about on approach for atro to get in, I'm talking about when gl is cornered and eating pressure and mix ups that are usually made safe by the dexstar projectile following atro committing to puddle or unsafe strings. The b1 moves gl forward and down making the projectile whiff.

I don't understand what you mean by why wouldn't he use shield? I don't think shield has utility in that situation.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
It’s crazy how not a single one of these strings have anything on pre patch Aquaman’s B123. Starts with a fast low, on hit into MB tentacle strike led to 450 damage, on block it guaranteed a D1 xx trident rush. Basically if you blocked it and Aquaman was anywhere close to a bar you were losing like 15% chip

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Discounting whiffing issues, Harley's b22 is really good. Low starter, no hurt box, hit confirms itself, neutral on block or jails into plus gunshots on most of the cast.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Okay Superman’s F23 is better than Supergirl’s B123 imo. I think SG is the best character in the game but just comparing the two strings, I’d take F23.

I'd take B1. Being able to walk back and get your best normal is huge not to mention it starts a forward advancing string with a low in the middle.