What's new

Best Strings in the Game?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Okay Superman’s F23 is better than Supergirl’s B123 imo. I think SG is the best character in the game but just comparing the two strings, I’d take F23.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Add Red Hood’s b2 because it’s a safe 14 frame low that reaches very far not to mention has only 20 recovery frames. Both b2 and b2,3 are safe on block at -5. The only downside is red hood can’t hit confirm into mine, he has to commit to b2 x mine.

Red Hood has great buttons in general but outside of lunge, b2 is easily his best one.

DavesHotnJuicy

jmack_215
Add Red Hood’s b2 because it’s a safe 14 frame low that reaches very far not to mention has only 20 recovery frames. Both b2 and b2,3 are safe on block at -5. The only downside is red hood can’t hit confirm into mine, he has to commit to b2 x mine.

Red Hood has great buttons in general but outside of lunge, b2 is easily his best one.
That low is very deceptive too

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Okay Superman’s F23 is better than Supergirl’s B123 imo. I think SG is the best character in the game but just comparing the two strings, I’d take F23.
My only thing is F23 is terrible on whiff. B1, B12, AND B123 all have like no recovery. It's hitconfirmable, fast, advancing, mid, safe. The thing does everything lol.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
My only thing is F23 is terrible on whiff. B1, B12, AND B123 all have like no recovery. It's hitconfirmable, fast, advancing, mid, safe. The thing does everything lol.
Not to mention there is an input advantage as well. It takes a person a few frames from blocking to a forward animation. A back animation is better in the sense that you don’t have to do that.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
1. Superman F23
2. Supergirl B1
3. Red Hood B23 (that string has fucking AA'd me on multiple occasions)
4. Green Arrow F2D13
5. Attrocitus F22

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Top 5 strings
1- Supergirl's b123: fast, huge hitbox, almost impossible to trade with a normal, hit confirmable, barely whiff punishable, auto footsies at it's finest.
2- Superman's f23: Fast, easily hit confirmable, leads into big dmg, the big potato string of the game.
3- Manta's f213: huge footsie tool, hit confirmable, leads to good chip dmg and good dmg, catches backdashes, breaks armor, and is staggerable.
4- Batman's 223: lol just do it.
5- Aquaman's b123: it is still really good, even tho most people dropped him now that he is honest.

Honorable mentions:
Red Hood's b23
Batman's b23 and b11
Sub's f22
Atro's b23 and f22
tbh i find manta's f213 string difficult to hitconfirm, sometimes i can get it, sometimes i can't, that second hit happens pretty fast, you mean being able to hitconfirm f21 into teleport right?

also, batmans 223 is not that standout of a string, its a mid starter that launches, its not that special, batman doesnt really come to mind when i think of best strings in the game....

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
tbh i find manta's f213 string difficult to hitconfirm, sometimes i can get it, sometimes i can't, that second hit happens pretty fast, you mean being able to hitconfirm f21 into teleport right?

also, batmans 223 is not that standout of a string, its a mid starter that launches, its not that special, batman doesnt really come to mind when i think of best strings in the game....
it is a safe on block, launching mid. IN INJUSTICE 2. WHERE EVERYONE NEEDS METER FOR THAT SHIT. It's pretty good :p

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
it is a safe on block, launching mid. IN INJUSTICE 2. WHERE EVERYONE NEEDS METER FOR THAT SHIT. It's pretty good :p
dunno, but most situations where you'd use it seems like b11 would be the better string, with it being faster and what not. and after a jump in, 12 seems the best choice, your +4, why wouldnt u wanna be plus 4. To me seems like the ideal situation to use this string is like, after blocking a poke from an opponent. its good....but its not THAT good.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
B1 is super punishable, b12 has a huge gap, b13 is negative on block and all options can be MB b3'd or backdashed....
still has pretty good reach tho.

did anyone mention catwomans b2, or whatever that move is where she shoves her claws in ur face? lol, not really a block string, but still really damn good.

Wigy

There it is...
I think supergirls b1 string looks better than it is cause her stupid safe launcher.

If you’re talking about a string without the other tools a character has it has to be f23.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
I think supergirls b1 string looks better than it is cause her stupid safe launcher.

If you’re talking about a string without the other tools a character has it has to be f23.
You can’t mash b12 ice breath forever, so f23 is dumber on block.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Kinda depends on if we're talking within the context of the character that has it, or taken and evaluated without supporting tools.

Either way though f23 is, imo, the best string in the entire game and I don't think it has a real competitor no matter how you look at it.

I've been fiddling with Joey in training mode on occasion when I have a second, and I never realized how good his f23 was, especially paired with b232

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
I think catwoman’s f1123 string should be on the list. Great range, f1 is 0 on block. Every other hit is -6 or -5 so it’s safe stagger pressure. It has a gap. But no one exploits it that often or at all. Her b12u3/d3 string is great too, advancing low safe hit confirmable meterless launcher. F1 is better imo but b1 is still a great button too