What's new

Best specials in MK 9

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
BF2 of all characters that have this input
Cyrax's Buzzsaw? Nope.
Freddy's Glove Toss? Perhaps, but it's far from brain dead.
Lao's Hat Toss? Like Bildslash said, REALLY???
Reptile's Elbow Dash? Only online.
Mileena's Bite? Nope.
Sektor's Flame Burner? Nope.
Sonya's Onion Rings?
The only bf2 that is shit is Sonya's ring toss
Wat?
Kang's Flying Kick? Full combo punish on block.
Kenshi's Spirit Charge?
okaymeme.jpg

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Flagg actually kratos has the best parry in the game, 1 frame startup and leads to a fullcombo WITHOUT meter. it also works on projectiles.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Would've been the best - Jade's glow - if it didn't take +50% damage and avoided all zoning as it should have. #salty
As for the best:
Enhanced - Kabal's en-nomad dash - armored, cancelable, gives combo, fullscreen, fast.
Normal - Smoke bomb - fast, fullscreen, gives combo.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
except youre not brady.

less internet talk, more tournament results with sub, go.

if you dont see why sub zero is the best character in the game with his OP damage and option selects then you should probably just go to mku dude, sorry.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
If Raiden had the vanilla version of the teleport it would be possibly the best. It recovers too slowly now to be massively devastating.
If it wasn't nerfed to begin with, possibly, but I think by now so many players have re-evaluated their view of the metagame to make better reads within a split second that it wouldn't really force anyone into a kneejerk mistake any more than they do now.

Arguably that kinda goes for every nerf in MK9 though (besides the obvious broken shit), it either wouldn't hold weight in today's game, or, to a degree still works.

(TL;DR - just another subliminal reason to vote for PND as your primary candidates for MK10 balancing/nerfing agenda, we're the only ones that know what the fuck we're talking about #Kappa)

CSZ ice parry. Best parry in the game, 1 frame start up, beats all mid and high normals and a ton of specials, even ex specials. Can be low poked though.
Flagg actually kratos has the best parry in the game, 1 frame startup and leads to a fullcombo WITHOUT meter. it also works on projectiles.
Excuse me, Axel. If I'm not mistaken, Flagg plays on the Xbox. Though, yes, Kratos' Parry is the best one in the game.....discounting that it cannot be performed back-to-back like CSZ's.

Kratos' normal Golden Fleece (Enhanced version is pretty much useless) can parry all moves that Smoke's EX Shake can. A melee-parry functions similarly to CSZ's Frozen Parry: It gives a free combo, up to at least 50% from Kratos' meterless BnB.
The Golden Fleece projectile-parry causes a slowdown-effect before Kratos launches an unblockable Golden Ball that can be easily dodged, unless you know how to take advantage of the opponent's jump of avoidance:
  • A forward jump from full-screen can lead to a forward dash into a meterless AA BnB. (Dashing can be adjusted if the distance is closer than fullscreen)
  • A backwards jump from full-screen can be negated by a simple forward dash, causing the opponent to jump backwards into the Golden Ball.
  • A neutral jump, as far as I'm aware, is only safe from near fullscreen, otherwise Kratos may be able to dash forward into an AA Zeus' Rage. (Untested)
If the opponent is hit by the Golden Ball, Kratos can follow-up with a meterless AA BnB (42% in total). Kratos can even dash~jump forward from full-screen to follow-up on the projectile hit, but at those ranges, the Golden Ball hitting the opponent has to be a read.

This shit only applies to the PS3 and PSV versions of the game, unfortunately. Xbox users are spared of potential rage.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
If Kratos has a parry that good, why is he considered low tier?
I don't think he ever was besides the tier list in that horrible prima guide, which also said Kratos has one of the best uppercuts in the game...

I don't play him but I still think he'd have too many underlying problems for parry to account for, he'd probably be A/B tier-ish if he was fully tourney legal.

If Kratos has a parry that good, why is he considered low tier?
Because no one (well-known and respected) cares about him, besides Insuperable, J360, and Pig (at one point).
He has not gotten any representation due to his banning. His frame data also doesn't give a good first impression.
I don't think he ever was besides the tier list in that horrible prima guide, which also said Kratos has one of the best uppercuts in the game...
I don't play him but I still think he'd have too many underlying problems for parry to account for, he'd probably be A/B tier-ish if he was fully tourney legal.
Dude.....his uppercut is +6 on block! :eek:

I say Kratos would be top B-tier at worst, top A-tier at best. I think he is in mid A-tier.
Kratos is a gambler's character, like Scorpion, but he relies on reads throughout the match.