What's new

Best rushdown / 50-50 char in d game?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
There aren't everything in MKX either, they were just a lot stronger until the last patch, but even before that it wasn't everything.

As for the question at hand, Flash, Catwoman and Cheetah are the top 3 Rushdown/Mix-Up chars in the the game hands down. And yes, while the 50/50's in this game are not the strongest tool, they are still a very good tool, not to mention that you can cross-up in this game.
Man, Sonya's B14 and b33 before the lastest patch
Cassie's F3 and df1, just a few examples where definitely everything on the top of super flash running speeds and strings that comes out from west coast to east coast.
Those were everything.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Man, Sonya's B14 and b33 before the lastest patch
Cassie's F3 and df1, just a few examples where definitely everything on the top of super flash running speeds and strings that comes out from west coast to east coast.
Those were everything.
Reptile with Forceballs and Acid Spits, Mileena's Sai, Acidic Alien's projectiles, HQT's Lasers and those are just some examples. Yes they all could've mix as well, but they had their projectiles as well, and in the right MU, they had to use them rather then Mixing their opponents.
So it wasn't everything.

Captain Cold has no true 50 / 50s, and even the pseudo 50 / 50s are reactable. And the opponent has no reason to not block low, most of his strings start high.

This is not counting f3s and sweeps.
Like so other have said Cold has a cross up jump in which is a 50/50. I didn't argue about the quality of the 50/50(they were stronger in MKX because they usually led to a high damage combos into a reset) but about the quantity and I think Injustice 2 has just as many 50/50 than mkx

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Reptile with Forceballs and Acid Spits, Mileena's Sai, Acidic Alien's projectiles, HQT's Lasers and those are just some examples. Yes they all could've mix as well, but they had their projectiles as well, and in the right MU, they had to use them rather then Mixing their opponents.
So it wasn't everything.
Like the things you tried to relate to my statement doesn't have anything to do with reason why i listed those things in particular.

You has a player specially competitively still have a long way to go man, its kinda hard to enter in conversation with you otherwise, i will not expand this further because its pointless, i'm showing myself out.

Roy Arkon

Like the things you tried to relate to my statement doesn't have anything to do with reason why i listed those things in particular.

You has a player specially competitively still have a long way to go man, its kinda hard to enter in conversation with you otherwise, i will not expand this further because its pointless, i'm showing myself out.
I don't see how my post doesn't have anything to do with yours as you basically said that your examples plus everything that is similar to that was "everything" and mine were right directed at countering them, but oh well I suppose.

And BTW I'm not a rookie at this stuff, I've been in tournies before, just so you know.

Wigy

There it is...
I think the mixes are more or less just as prevalent.

End game mkx i mean.

Oki setups are a nightmare just zoning and keep away are way stronger and most characters at least have an invicible wakeup, better delay options as well so more defensive options.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I don't see how my post doesn't have anything to do with yours as you basically said that your examples plus everything that is similar to that was "everything" and mine were right directed at countering them, but oh well I suppose.

And BTW I'm not a rookie at this stuff, I've been in tournies before, just so you know.
Your point was way far off, like really far off even as counter argument of justification of MKX 50-50s.
Sonya had a super fast both oh and low combo starters same as cassie, which were pretty much everything, no one could guess between a 12f oh that was a combo starter and a 11f low that was also a combo starter, that was my argument here.

Reptile didn't had this that fast and his best bet was b2 and f23 which isn't exactly on the same scale as sonya hitting oh, low in one string and low in the other, or cassie doing low, oh in one and oh, low in another, and they could literally do this all day long in one match considering how easier it was for them to get in even without the need of projectiles, but you tried to counter argument with projectiles that didn't had anything to do with 50/50 or with characters related to the same type of offense, but these are things you should already know, but you're no rookie to this stuff so oh well, i felt obligated to answer this specific post because you still be in the dark.

give me a character with no 50/50 in this game
As far as I know Dr. Fate has no 50/50s but maybe he has some hard-to-block trait set-ups with ankhs and f3 but I've never seen them

Raiden has no 50/50s unless you count trait-teleport mix ups as 50/50s but they seem pretty reactable to me tbh and he only has them like 15% of the match and it is fairly easy to avoid since his overhead strings are stubby as hell.

Aquaman doesn't have 50/50's. You still get hit with the overhead sometimes but generally speaking it should be reactable.

Wonderwoman does not have 50/50s. That low starter is reactable as is her overhead.

Roy Arkon

Your point was way far off, like really far off even as counter argument of justification of MKX 50-50s.
Sonya had a super fast both oh and low combo starters same as cassie, which were pretty much everything, no one could guess between a 12f oh that was a combo starter and a 11f low that was also a combo starter, that was my argument here.

Reptile didn't had this that fast and his best bet was b2 and f23 which isn't exactly on the same scale as sonya hitting oh, low in one string and low in the other, or cassie doing low, oh in one and oh, low in another, and they could literally do this all day long in one match considering how easier it was for them to get in even without the need of projectiles, but you tried to counter argument with projectiles that didn't had anything to do with 50/50 or with characters related to the same type of offense, but these are things you should already know, but you're no rookie to this stuff so oh well, i felt obligated to answer this specific post because you still be in the dark.
I'm sorry but you're the one who are taking this argument far off of it's direction. My original argument for Legion was that 50/50's weren't everything in MKX and there are other stuff in it. So when you entered this argument and claimed that 50/50's are everything in MKX, I mentioned the projectiles directly because they are indeed a part of that other stuff in MKX to show that 50/50's aren't everything, so the projectiles were in this argument from the very start. I never said that 50/50's weren't the strongest tool in general and that it wasn't an advantage for those who had that at least in some capacity, because it really is. For characters like Sonya and Cassie, who are pure Rushdown characters, once they get in, it is very hard to deal with those strings and starters for sure, but for other chars, like Reptile, who can both Zone and Rush, they can use projectile-based Zoning when they can and need.

Yes Reptile has the quickest overhead in the game with B2 (11 frames only), and the sneakiest low with B3 due to it's animation (Reptile doesn't have an F23 String BTW, unless you meant F21 which is a Mid-Mid, no OH or Low there), and yes they weren't his strongest tools but it wasn't because they weren't OH/Low mixes in the style of Sonya and Cassie but because you had to use meter to get big damage off of those starters mid-screen (B2 corner combos are very good meterlessy with Reptile), but not only they are still excellent tools due to their speed and properties, his tools that are truly his best are his projectiles, as they can help Reptile control the pace and the space during the match, especially against chars like Cassie and Sonya. Once Reptile gets them far once, it can be very easy for Reptile to Zone them out as Reptile can also answer their Anti-Zoning tools like Sonya's Dive Kick if he times his projectiles right. Cassie in particular gets demolished by Reptile's Zoning, she has no answer to that. EX Gun shot? Counter with EX Slide from full screen. EX Upper Shadow Kick? Forceballs and Acid Spits destroy them.

My argument was on point the whole time, period.

As far as I know Dr. Fate has no 50/50s but maybe he has some hard-to-block trait set-ups with ankhs and f3 but I've never seen them

Raiden has no 50/50s unless you count trait-teleport mix ups as 50/50s but they seem pretty reactable to me tbh and he only has them like 15% of the match and it is fairly easy to avoid since his overhead strings are stubby as hell.

Aquaman doesn't have 50/50's. You still get hit with the overhead sometimes but generally speaking it should be reactable.

Wonderwoman does not have 50/50s. That low starter is reactable as is her overhead.
If Wonder Woman has an overhead and a low for combos, that means she does have 50/50's. It doesn't matter they are reactable. She has 50/50's technically, they are just not that good.

1-Fate f3 can cross up in the corner he has 50/50

Raiden jump in crosses up he has 50/50

You may be right about Aquaman though but to go back to MKX I would name Johnny Cage who didn't have 50/50 either so it still holds up

You may be right about Wonder woman but to go back to MKX I would name Liu Kang who didn't have 50/50 either so it still holds up .

Once again my argument isn't that 50/50 are as strong as they were in previous NRS fighting games but that they are just as present

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm sorry but you're the one who are taking this argument far off of it's direction. My original argument for Legion was that 50/50's weren't everything in MKX and there are other stuff in it. So when you entered this argument and claimed that 50/50's are everything in MKX, I mentioned the projectiles directly because they are indeed a part of that other stuff in MKX to show that 50/50's aren't everything, so the projectiles were in this argument from the very start. I never said that 50/50's weren't the strongest tool in general and that it wasn't an advantage for those who had that at least in some capacity, because it really is. For characters like Sonya and Cassie, who are pure Rushdown characters, once they get in, it is very hard to deal with those strings and starters for sure, but for other chars, like Reptile, who can both Zone and Rush, they can use projectile-based Zoning when they can and need.

Yes Reptile has the quickest overhead in the game with B2 (11 frames only), and the sneakiest low with B3 due to it's animation (Reptile doesn't have an F23 String BTW, unless you meant F21 which is a Mid-Mid, no OH or Low there), and yes they weren't his strongest tools but it wasn't because they weren't OH/Low mixes in the style of Sonya and Cassie but because you had to use meter to get big damage off of those starters mid-screen (B2 corner combos are very good meterlessy with Reptile), but not only they are still excellent tools due to their speed and properties, his tools that are truly his best are his projectiles, as they can help Reptile control the pace and the space during the match, especially against chars like Cassie and Sonya. Once Reptile gets them far once, it can be very easy for Reptile to Zone them out as Reptile can also answer their Anti-Zoning tools like Sonya's Dive Kick if he times his projectiles right. Cassie in particular gets demolished by Reptile's Zoning, she has no answer to that. EX Gun shot? Counter with EX Slide from full screen. EX Upper Shadow Kick? Forceballs and Acid Spits destroy them.

My argument was on point the whole time, period.

If Wonder Woman has an overhead and a low for combos, that means she does have 50/50's. It doesn't matter they are reactable. She has 50/50's technically, they are just not that good.
Pretty sure Sonya And Cassies 50/50 were everything for those chars, once they hit you with one it was pretty much hard to comeback from, not saying it was everything in the game, but it was everything for the chars like them, you thinking it mean everything in game its something coming out of your own head, its pretty easy to read just need to take a look that i didn't mentioned very character in the game so that's on you, which is why your argument is out of place.

Pretty sure reptile has a high low string which combos, was not really sure that its f23, but he definitely has one where he puts his tongue out and then hits you in the leg with a kick.
Reptile Zoning was trash lol, but that's discussion for some other day, carry on.

Roy Arkon

Pretty sure Sonya And Cassies 50/50 were everything for those chars, once they hit you with one it was pretty much hard to comeback from, not saying it was everything in the game, but it was everything for the chars like them, you thinking it mean everything in game its something coming out of your own head, its pretty easy to read just need to take a look that i didn't mentioned very character in the game so that's on you, which is why your argument is out of place.

Pretty sure reptile has a high low string which combos, was not really sure that its f23, but he definitely has one where he puts his tongue out and then hits you in the leg with a kick.
Reptile Zoning was trash lol, but that's discussion for some other day, carry on.
Ok now I think you're just messing around. It's very clear that I never said or thought that it was everything in MKX, I said the exact opposite. You are the one who said that it was everything, you just stuck to Sonya and Cassie as examples to prove your point, and now that I've proved you wrong you are just messing things around.

And Reptiles' Zoning is excellent in MKX, one of the best in the game, and he had also great Anti-Zoning tools against other chars with great Zoning like his EX Slide. There are very few chars who don't have a teleport that can deal with his Zoning, and even then Reptile has answer to them with to his other tools, and yes Teleport chars are obvious hard MU's, but every other char who can Zone in MKX has to deal with that, and Reptile does have his other tools to deal with them himself when he has too.

For Sonya and Cassie, yes, 50/50's are everything, but not for Reptile. He is a jack of all trades, with the emphasis on Zoning.

And yes Reptile has a High/Low string, that is B1D4. It is a good string for starting combos but his real mixups come from B2 (overhead) or B3 (low), and his F412 string (Mid-Overhead-Mid) is also better overall then B1D4, as it is faster on startup, more guarantee to connect and it still can lead to very good damage to great damage meterlessly.

I will stop this argument here, as I'm pretty sure what's your next is gonna be which aren't gonna lead to everything, and I've already said everything I had to say anyway.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
give me a character with no 50/50 in this game
That's a waste of time and won't prove anything. Look at MKX with the prevalance of 50/50's that don't rely on very specific crossup situations or a very reactable overhead and then look at Injustice 2. Also, It's far more common in MKX to have plus frames that lead to throw chances where it takes a 50/50 guess just to tech a throw.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
MKX has 50/50 even on the REGULAR THROW.

End of discussion.

Flash and CW are the best rushdown characters.

That's a waste of time and won't prove anything. Look at MKX with the prevalance of 50/50's that don't rely on very specific crossup situations or a very reactable overhead and then look at Injustice 2. Also, It's far more common in MKX to have plus frames that lead to throw chances where it takes a 50/50 guess just to tech a throw.
Look everything you are saying is that 50/50s were stronger in MKX which they were but there are just as many in this game as there were in MKX but in a weaker form for the most part.

Please, show me these 50/50s. Especially the F3 cross-up.
I was exaggerating when I said f3 I thought it had happened but I just went through it but with his ankhs in the corner Fate can create 50/50 with his jump in after a 2113 knockdown by dropping the anhks then doing his j3