What's new

Best rushdown / 50-50 char in d game?

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I feel like Supergirl is a great rushdown character, but in a different way than the others.

She's so zippy and controls the pace of every match.

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
Supergirl has 50/50's too. With the frames on her b2 and d1, b2,1+3 versus b2 -> d1 is an unreactable 50/50 combo starter. Not to mention the absurdly quick crossup jump-ins, and the fact that her variable distance f3 can be used for crossup 50/50 setups.

Im pretty new yea, but I just wanted an elaboration
Try watching some sf2, mk9 (no kenshi, cyrax matches), sf4, look at the spacing, people bading out stuff, reactions, range, all that, knowing your frame data. To be honest I hope they get ridd of safe 50/50s for mk11 they can make 50/50s 1 unreactable that wont allow to continue a combo and 1 reactable that let you combo, something like this would work or both punishable 50/50, have a risk reward situation, not only a reward one.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah maybe there are around the same AMOUNT of 50/50s, but outside of Flash, the strength of the 50/50s in Injustice 2 are much more toned down.

In MKX there were characters like Sub-Zero who got a 33/33/33 for huge damage of a knockdown in the corner. Or characters like Sonya, Cassie, Ermac, Reptile, Sub again, sorta Triborg, Alien, and more who had powerful standing mixes for good damage. Or characters like Kotal and Alien who could initiate a 50/50 off half screen mids, a lot of mixups built into strings like Mileena, and even teaching a throw was a 50/50.