What's new

Best rivalry introduced in the new timeline to continue in MK11? Kotal Kahn v Rain? Reiko v Kotal?

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
(maybe this censorship is why the site doesn't get as many visitors as reddit, gamefaqs etc.)
In what world is a forum for a very niche topic like competitive NRS fighting games going to do numbers like Reddit and GameFAQS, arguably some of the biggest message boards on the entire internet?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
If you don't like a thread or think it is useless, then don't reply to it. Let it slide down into page 2 to be forgotten. I'm tired of people saying mattteo's threads are useless only for them to have several pages of responses, usually about the same thing.
You mean like my 8-bit shorts thread earlier today? :(

@JBeezYBabY is S tier thread creator and a god tier moderator. I loved his thread explaining how Shaggy could be introduced in MK11.
:DOGE
BODIED lol
Come on man this attitude by a top poster will just scare possible newcomers away, you're better than that.
theyre obviously not better than that lol, and their conversation on raging flames profile just shows that.

I think he's right though. You didn't specify that your problem was with the quality of his threads in your first post, instead you said that he shouldn't have made a thread about this subject entirely. You changed your argument with the second post, and he called you out on that. It's that simple.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that he shouldn't consider your feedback, this thread is quite poor on content for sure, but there are ways and ways to go about it. Try to be more welcoming mate, I have faith in you. :DOGE
I agree

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
When I see flame wars between the TYM members, that's the best rivalry every time. Meanwhile, I'm just sitting at the cinema seat, eating pop corn and drinking coca cola. Don't mind me.:DOGE

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Reiko vs Kotal being a rivalry is like The Hurricane vs The Rock being a rivalry.

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
If you don't like a thread or think it is useless, then don't reply to it. Let it slide down into page 2 to be forgotten. I'm tired of people saying mattteo's threads are useless only for them to have several pages of responses, usually about the same thing.
This. If u dont like any thread that the guy made, just ignore it and move on, being that negative towards it only makes you look like u have a problem with the guy instead of his threads

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Personally I liked Mileena vs Kotal (from MKX story mode). Keep in mind, I haven't read the comics. So maybe something cooler was introduced there.

But I like the whole vying for the throne of Outworld thing they had going on. Also points for Rain helping Mileena but obviously having his own agenda to take over. (I'm rooting for him, to free edenia from outworld but be edenia's own ruthless ruler)

ScorpXL

Goro?
About this, I've been waiting 4 years to see this showdown between Kenshi/Daegon/Takeda/Taven:

I hope it's in an MK11 story DLC kombat pack that adds both characters AND chapter in the story.
Alright, I know a lot of people like to shit on Reptile and Baraka for being jobbers, but can we talk about how Kenshi lost to an armless Goro and fucking Hsu Hao?

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Kano almost rips out Sub-Zero's FUCKING EYE, LEAVES A PERMANENT SCAR OVER HIS FACE, and that's somehow not enough to create a rivalry for all you goobers. Y'all are nuts.

Kano vs Sub-Zero
Raiden vs Liu Kang
Johnny vs Liu Kang (potentially... I'd love to see the face off between Earthrealm's actual champ, and Earthrealm's "destined but didn't happen" champ).

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Well, it wasn't enough for Sub-Zero to care about Kano.
You might not know this but the comic was written after MKX was already done. That's how you get things like Kotal and Goro not having any beef with each other in dialogue, Erron/Kano not acknowledging Erron's history of being in Black Dragon, and Cassie/Jacqui "not remembering" that time Erron and Kano kidnapped them and took them to Outworld.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
[QUOTE="pure.Wasted, post: 2430213, member: 59846"
Johnny vs Liu Kang (potentially... I'd love to see the face off between Earthrealm's actual champ, and Earthrealm's "destined but didn't happen" champ).[/QUOTE]

Im gonna go further and derail this thread and say ; Kang is a current champ, two time defender of the title even while dead since there was no tounaments after. Johhny didnt won any tournaments, making him not a champion, but a hero who accidentaly beat up Shinnok with his Mary Sue power up :p