What's new

Best rivalry introduced in the new timeline to continue in MK11? Kotal Kahn v Rain? Reiko v Kotal?

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Let's not pretend that the term "champion" has a strict definition in the MK universe. Scorpion was the Elder Gods' Champion in the original timeline and he's never won shit either.

Bro, you're gonna talk to me about Mary Sues in a paragraph where you defend Liu Kang's qualifications? :p

Liu Kang is the biggest Mary Sue ever. His defining character trait is literally "being the best at everything always." He beats SHAO KAHN with a PUNCH TO THE CHEST. Something RAIDEN couldn't do until he got pumped full of Elder God juice. Johnny's green powers going super saiyan is perfectly par for the course.

But that thing where Scorpion is an Elder Gods champion is non-canonical!

How dare you speak of such blasphemy! Kang is god tier character storyline,you just dont see it,cuz u a pleb!

mattteo

Noob
Comparing Liu Kang, who had been training his whole life to fight in Mortal Kombat, the toughest tournament for all mankind, with that brat Mary Sue, Miley Cyrus in her bad period haircut copy Cassie Cage is just ugh....so wrong!!

Man, I've never understood why Kano catches so much shit for being "boring." He's not just a random thug; he's the leader of one of MK's biggest crime syndicates, an inter-realm arms dealer, and at one time a general of Shao Kahn's military. He didn't get there by just being "some guy." If anything, he has one of the more well-developed and consistent personalities in MK.

Plus he's an expert knife fighter who shoots lasers out of his various cybernetic implants and chokes the shit out of you. What the problem is?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Man, I've never understood why Kano catches so much shit for being "boring." He's not just a random thug; he's the leader of one of MK's biggest crime syndicates, an inter-realm arms dealer, and at one time a general of Shao Kahn's military. He didn't get there by just being "some guy." If anything, he has one of the more well-developed and consistent personalities in MK.

Plus he's an expert knife fighter who shoots lasers out of his various cybernetic implants and chokes the shit out of you. What the problem is?
His design is amazing, and so is his premise. Personality wise they kind of just made him a "rude guy".

Don't get me wrong, I actually like him, but objectively speaking he's just ok. Still better than boring Sonya who's boring though.

His design is amazing, and so is his premise. Personality wise they kind of just made him a "rude guy".

Don't get me wrong, I actually like him, but objectively speaking he's just ok. Still better than boring Sonya, who's boring.
I'm not saying that he's as interesting as Sub-Zero or anything, but yeah not as bad as Sonya. In fact, his biggest problem might be that he always gets paired up with her in the story.