What's new

Best controller for Mortal Kombat 11

devdot4

Certified beginner
Hello, what would be your favorite controller to use when you play MK11 and why?

I am having trouble using Xbox One controller as of now and would like to try a new controller to eliminate the problem.

@nightcrawlers suggested Hori Fight Commander for Xbox One but I want few more to add to the list so I can try or research about them.

Thank you.

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
I use the Hori Fighting Commander and couldn't recommend it more. I use the PS4 one and it doesn't come with a headphone port or have the touchscreen button which is frustrating.

devdot4

Certified beginner
I use the Hori Fighting Commander and couldn't recommend it more. I use the PS4 one and it doesn't come with a headphone port or have the touchscreen button which is frustrating.
Is that the one that has the turbo function? Is that the only difference between PS4 and XBONE versions?

C-Sword

Noob
What benefits do those controllers bring to the table?
Much better d-pads and the shoulder buttons are better suited for fighting games.

If you want a controller that's officially licensed by Microsoft, the Hori FC is your only option, all the other ones suck. You'll have to get used to having 6 face buttons.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I remember first getting on live to play classic MK forever ago and I HATED the Xbox pad... now I can't imagine playing without it. Lol

Much better d-pads and the shoulder buttons are better suited for fighting games.

If you want a controller that's officially licensed by Microsoft, the Hori FC is your only option, all the other ones suck. You'll have to get used to having 6 face buttons.
You actually don't though. For my Hori Fighting Commander, I remapped the buttons and I use it just like a traditional pad.

Basically, the "X" and "A" buttons on the pad I never touch at all.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
XB1 controller is my favorite controller. It works very well for fighters. Doesn’t matter what the fighter is, even games like DBFZ were so much better on the XB1 controller for me. Instant air dashes were much easier to perform for me on XB1, for example.

And since the brooks converter is a thing and it’s very good and convenient, I use my XB1 controller in tournaments. Several players do this, I know Tweedy and I believe HomeLee also use an XB1 pad.

XB1 controller is my favorite controller. It works very well for fighters. Doesn’t matter what the fighter is, even games like DBFZ were so much better on the XB1 controller for me. Instant air dashes were much easier to perform for me on XB1, for example.

And since the brooks converter is a thing and it’s very good and convenient, I use my XB1 controller in tournaments. Several players do this, I know Tweedy and I believe HomeLee also use an XB1 pad.
Tweedy does indeed use an Xbox One Controller.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Yeah I gotta get that converter thingy for Evo or I'm screwed. I haven't played a single game with a PS controller in like... 7 years?

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
If you do get the Hori Fighting Commander, I recommend the Xbox One version so you can remap the buttons on the Controller itself.
You can do that on the Xbox version? I bought it for PS4 and the only change you can do to the buttons is built in. I wished I could map them to be whichever button I wanted. I only used it to grind with the turbo, got like 17000 souls that way, :p.

C-Sword

Noob
You actually don't though. For my Hori Fighting Commander, I remapped the buttons and I use it just like a traditional pad.

Basically, the "X" and "A" buttons on the pad I never touch at all.
That's pretty much what I do when I use that controller, "A" becomes stance switch and "X" is grab, but I know that certain people prefer to stick to the default controls

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
ELITE xbox controller is top
It has 2 different pads, they are iron made, you can slide your finger so quickly and smooth. Also buttons are great.

You can do that on the Xbox version? I bought it for PS4 and the only change you can do to the buttons is built in. I wished I could map them to be whichever button I wanted. I only used it to grind with the turbo, got like 17000 souls that way, :p.
The Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One permits you to remap all the buttons from the Controller itself. It was confusing at first, as the instructions for it aren't the best, but once I wrapped my head around it, it worked like a charm!

There's no Turbo option for it though. That's exclusive to the PlayStation 4 version like the button remapping is for the Xbox One version. Not sure why.

That's pretty much what I do when I use that controller, "A" becomes stance switch and "X" is grab, but I know that certain people prefer to stick to the default controls
Yeah. My face buttons are normally 2,3,1,4, so for this pad, I just pushed them over a button to the right. I remapped the bumpers and "triggers" to what they actually should be, and X and A are the stick buttons that never get used.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
The Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One permits you to remap all the buttons from the Controller itself. It was confusing at first, as the instructions for it aren't the best, but once I wrapped my head around it, it worked like a charm!

There's no Turbo option for it though. That's exclusive to the PlayStation 4 version like the button remapping is for the Xbox One version. Not sure why.
I wonder why they made it that way. I would probably use it if I could map it like that.
I might try using it again though, I like the back buttons better for a fighting game.

Hello, what would be your favorite controller to use when you play MK11 and why?

I am having trouble using Xbox One controller as of now and would like to try a new controller to eliminate the problem.

@nightcrawlers suggested Hori Fight Commander for Xbox One but I want few more to add to the list so I can try or research about them.

Thank you.
I have the hori fightstick mini and shits dope(and portable)

I am considering getting a hitbox however, as those are probably the most precise- just that price tage gets me

Overall I would reccomend anything that's not a normal controller, but I am biased and have never enjoyed using a ps4 or xbox controller for mk

I'd also note - it's an easy mistake to think there is some great controller out there that will bring you to the promise land.

Most of the pro's play with a stock PS4 DualShock controller, or regular Xbox controller.

Just more time / practice with any controller is the key.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I like the hori commander, but I hate that the triggers feel so cheap and...thin? Like I have to press them down really hard but maybe it's just me. I also play it on stick but for most characters, the PS4 pad feels good. I wanna get the brooks adapter and try the xbox controller cause the dpad on that pad is amazing compared to the DS4.

@zerosebaz Yeah, I have no idea. I find it odd myself.

I'd also note - it's an easy mistake to think there is some great controller out there that will bring you to the promise land.

Most of the pro's play with a stock PS4 DualShock controller, or regular Xbox controller.

Just more time / practice with any controller is the key.
Absolutely. One should look for a Controller or stick to compliment them, not expect it to do the work for them.

@Vslayer I personally find I don't have to mash them, but I do need to press them firmly. I use them for Block, Throw, Stance Switch, and Interactible, and they always work for me.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I like the Switch pro controller and Xbox controller.

Didn't someone have a Sega Genesis 6 button controller at Combo Breaker?