What's new

Best controller for Mortal Kombat 11

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
@Vslayer I personally find I don't have to mash them, but I do need to press them firmly. I use them for Block, Throw, Stance Switch, and Interactible, and they always work for me.
I was messing up grab inputs for some reason, and I do have small hands and it feels way less compact than the ps4 pad.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
One of my biggest hopes for the PS5 is that the PS5 controller will have a mechanical d-pad with individual buttons. That would make that controller perfect IMO. BattleBeavers does customs for that, but if you are from the EU, the shipping costs for that stuff are way too high.

C-Sword

Noob
from what i heard the BBC controllers are the best for mk11 if i wasnt broke i would by one with micro chip dpad
I wouldn't have BBC mod my controller if I were you, there's a ton of bad reviews on their services.

https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/amarillo/profile/computer-gaming-center/battle-beaver-customs-llc-0815-99127796/complaints

You can always buy the d-buttons and install them yourself. Like I said in the other thread, I think SonicFox's BBC controller broke not long after he got it.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I wouldn't have BBC mod my controller if I were you, there's a ton of bad reviews on their services.

https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/amarillo/profile/computer-gaming-center/battle-beaver-customs-llc-0815-99127796/complaints

You can always buy the d-buttons and install them yourself. Like I said in the other thread, I think SonicFox's BBC controller broke not long after he got it.
I second that. They're expensive as hell to boot. Their individual buttons are still like 20$ and honestly, that's not worth it. I'm getting a brook adapter for an Xbox one controller since the dpad on them are clicky and not squishy. I've been playing this game since launch and my dpad is starting to give out and so are my triggers on the PS4 pad.

Matix218

Get over here!
I uses to use a ps3 HORI FC back in early mk9 days but I ended up wearing the d pad out to the point where it would walk forward on its own. I took it apart and the little rubber disc under the d pad with the little contacts on it had ripped. Other than that flaw I thought it was a great pad. For mk11 i am just using stock ps4 pad for ps4 (or for switch handheld mode i use the hori d pad joycon on the left side)

Matix218

Get over here!
Hori Switch Controller with this Brook adapter will make it possible

How is the switch horipad? Is the dpad pretty nice? I was thinking about getting one for my mk11 switch copy when docked. The hori d pad joycon only works in handheld mode amd i cant use regular joycon or my gamecube style smash controller because they suck as far as d pad goes...

Xentex

Noob
Hitbox is awesome for me.

The main drawback is that if I have to play with a controller, whether Xbox or PS4, it's like starting over.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Hello, what would be your favorite controller to use when you play MK11 and why?

I am having trouble using Xbox One controller as of now and would like to try a new controller to eliminate the problem.

@nightcrawlers suggested Hori Fight Commander for Xbox One but I want few more to add to the list so I can try or research about them.

Thank you.
The Razer Panthera or Razer Atrox. I can't use game pads effectively. Arcade sticks all the way for any fighting game.

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
hitbox

perfect for NRS games imo