What's new

Best Characters-Tier list prediction

Best character in the near future

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Soul Bound X

Dojo Trainee
The most popular games in the world have obvious tiers. Even going back as far as SF2 all the way to UMVC3. Perfectly balanced games is not what sells otherwise everybody would be playing Virtua Fighter where tiers really don't factor in that much. Games can have tiers but unwinnable match ups are different
cage vs kenshi. :p . unwinnable

RWDY Nori

MK is kinda dope
Try playing Baraka, or Kano, Sheeva, Nightwolf, Jade, list goes on. Or Johnny against kenshi, subzero against kenshi, etc.
There was nothing balanced about that game, sorry.
NOTHING balanced about it? Come on man. Look at the constant different tournament results. And I was a JC main and he had zero unwinnable matchups. Especially against SZ or Kenshi.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
NOTHING balanced about it? Come on man. Look at the constant different tournament results. And I was a JC main and he had zero unwinnable matchups. Especially against SZ or Kenshi.
You have never faced a good kenshi.

Also the unbalance did not come from the top-mid tier, those were good. But once you got to the bottom ten they were 10X worse with plenty of tough and some unwinnable matchups(Namely SZ v. Kenshi, Jade v. Kenshi or Kabal, Kano v. Kenshi or Kabal, or Sheeva v. Kabal, etc.)

You were a really good cage but believe me, while you were MIA there was some serious imbalance issues, once that even top players like Pig of the hut has admitted. That being said it was fun to watch/play, but i think Injustice can be that way too WHILE being balanced.

Soul Bound X

Dojo Trainee
yeah, i think kabal is number 1. i voted him. nrs nerf kabal tuesday please. who am i. where am i. i think i need to leave this thread for a while..

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
1. You were specifically complaining about cyborg
2. Why are you complaining if you DONT EVEN USE HIM
3. Wrong. Off the top of my head we have seen: Shang, Sektor, Smoke, Kabal, Kenshi, KL, Cyrax, and to top it all off someone got top 16 with Kano(i.e worst character in the game)

And also yes, you cannot hold injustice to the same standard as those games. This game is about BS. Almost everyone has some BS, although it may not work against others BS. But the problem is if you buff bane for one matchup then he could then be a bad matchup for someone else, and then people like you would want their character buffed. It is a cycle.

Also I can definitely laugh at your points
1. I was using cyborg as one example, stay free though

2. I'm not complaining that he's bad or low-tier. Please point out where I say this.

3. In recent majors where good Kabals, Kenshi's, or other top tiers attended? Link it

BBCP and GGAC are all about BS. Yes, it can be held to the standard to be balanced. Every fighting game should strive to be balanced. What kind of nonsense or you spouting? No one said buff Bane for one Match-up. Seriously, WTF are you reading?

Zoidberg747

1. I was using cyborg as one example, stay free though

2. I'm not complaining that he's bad or low-tier. Please point out where I say this.

3. In recent majors where good Kabals, Kenshi's, or other top tiers attended? Link it

BBCP and GGAC are all about BS. Yes, it can be held to the standard to be balanced. Every fighting game should strive to be balanced. What kind of nonsense or you spouting? No one said buff Bane for one Match-up. Seriously, WTF are you reading?
You complained that he couldnt get in. I never said you said he was low tier. Also, tell me the other matchups that Bane can't handle.

Why should I have to link stuff for you. Go find it yourself before you start spouting knowledge like you really know anything. You literally said "Bane should recieve a slight buff for getting in". But you are not thinking of the reprocations of that. What if those characters who keep bane out can't get away from him once he is in? If it is so easy for bane to get in then it becomes a bad matchup for the ones who keep him out. And then your precious balance is out of whack again. Like I said, it is a cycle.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
You complained that he couldnt get in. I never said you said he was low tier. Also, tell me the other matchups that Bane can't handle.

Why should I have to link stuff for you. Go find it yourself before you start spouting knowledge like you really know anything. You literally said "Bane should recieve a slight buff for getting in". But you are not thinking of the reprocations of that. What if those characters who keep bane out can't get away from him once he is in? If it is so easy for bane to get in then it becomes a bad matchup for the ones who keep him out. And then your precious balance is out of whack again. Like I said, it is a cycle.
I said that it was difficult for him to get, didn't say he couldn't. I had a conversation with Nori and discarded the "give him a better way to get in", but I guess you didn't read that and just decided to butt in. Good stuff guy.
I'M simply said a small tweak (nothing specific) for his harder match-ups wouldn't hurt. I trust NRS could do that without screwing up other match-ups.

Nikka says "Oh, low tier characters win Majors over the top-tiers played by good players" and then he can't provide any evidence. Good stuff.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Aquaman and Green Arrow dominate if you know how to use them properly. I'm surprised Nightwing wasn't on the list???

Zoidberg747

I said that it was difficult for him to get, didn't say he couldn't. I had a conversation with Nori and discarded the "give him a better way to get in", but I guess you didn't read that and just decided to butt in. Good stuff guy.
I'M simply said a small tweak (nothing specific) for his harder match-ups wouldn't hurt. I trust NRS could do that without screwing up other match-ups.

Nikka says "Oh, low tier characters win Majors over the top-tiers played by good players" and then he can't provide any evidence. Good stuff.
BlackBryan did you or did you not get top 16 with Kano at a major recently? Im sorry I dont want to take 10 mins to go find the results

Edit:

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/empr-curbolicious-wins-mortal-kombat-9-at-evo-vxg-qualifier-winter-brawl-7.28153/

This shows a 2nd place Mileena, who is deemed mid tier.

Same principle

Peckapowa

Warrior
And that's the problem right there. Yes, Bane is ridiculous up close, that's why I mained him, but against match-ups like Supes, Cyborg etc. he has a really tough time getting in so that he can do that. I'm not saying that they should give him huge buffs, just a small tweak to help him get close to these characters. Bane is fine, by no means garbage, but he suffers from the classic grappler syndrome.
banes worst matchups are batman and green lantern.... batman might as well beat bane 10-0

Eshi

Noob
And that's the reason Bane needs a slight buff to help him get in. It's not okay for a fighting game to have match-ups that are terrible. Tekken, GGAC, BBCP, and I think King of fighters XIII, have all achieved a state where any character can be be used in any match-up without it being heavily in ones favor. NRS should be tweaking the game so that it can get to the point where one can use whoever they want, at a high level, without having to worry about horrible match-ups and having to counterpick.
GGAC and BBCP have plenty of lopsided match-ups. Justice vs Dizzy, Potemkin vs. Slayer, Tager vs. Valkenhyn, Mu-12 vs. Carl.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
banes worst matchups are batman and green lantern.... batman might as well beat bane 10-0
10-0? Not even close, even with all of Bat's tools he still only has 6-4 over Bane at best. Namely because of wake-up problems bats has. He has the victory if Bane isn't able to time his jumps or block dashes properly, because once Bane gets in Batman has one of the hardest times getting him out.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
GGAC and BBCP have plenty of lopsided match-ups. Justice vs Dizzy, Potemkin vs. Slayer, Tager vs. Valkenhyn, Mu-12 vs. Carl.
I'm referring to +R, just didn't add that because I thought no one here knew what it was anyways. What makes you think those mathch-ups are lopsided? Due to NA not having access to the game yet, from the videos I don't see anyone getting stomped because of a match-up and the whole multitude of characters able to win. Max I see unfavorable math-ups seem is 6-4.
Same for BB

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
BlackBryan did you or did you not get top 16 with Kano at a major recently? Im sorry I dont want to take 10 mins to go find the results

Edit:

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/empr-curbolicious-wins-mortal-kombat-9-at-evo-vxg-qualifier-winter-brawl-7.28153/

This shows a 2nd place Mileena, who is deemed mid tier.

Same principle
You bring up that MK9 players dealt with playing 20+ bad math-ups and won with low-tiers, and then you use Mileena as example. Good job.

Do either of us remember why we are debating about Mk9? Because I don't and I stopped caring.